My direct message to Jets #1 troll Rich Cimini

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

For the most part beclowning the Jets is in the DNA of every journalist produced in the past 50 years.  None of these guys covering the team would have survived handling it any other way. 

But it's up to us as fans to put a stop it.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or for God’s sake, can someone please paraphrase this for me? 

Sure, this video is calling Cimini for 30 years of lies, trolling and gaslighting Jets fans. I speak to him directly in this video. I also mention the wonderful crop of Jets Content Creators out there who have 1000 times the credibility that he has.

I almost forgot I'm going to put the Jets Nation forum link in the description because this forum also has 1000x times the credibility that Cimini has. I'm going to do that right now.

Just now, DoomProphet said:

Sure, this video is calling Cimini for 30 years of lies, trolling and gaslighting Jets fans. I speak to him directly in this video. I also mention the wonderful crop of Jets Content Creators out there who have 1000 times the credibility that he has.

I almost forgot I'm going to put the Jets Nation forum link in the description because this forum also has 1000x times the credibility that Cimini has. I'm going to do that right now.

No cussing? 

12 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

But it's up to us as fans to put a stop it.

It’s up to the organization to put a stop to it and the way to do that is win games which they are on the road to do on a consistent basis 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

It is such a dick question to ask.  If this players don't work out JD won't have to worry about that because he will not be here.   If these players reach just 75-80 of their potential this team is playoff team and possible legit superbowl contender.   I think JD will take that situation every time.  

It's a similar scenario to this. Ever been to one of those weddings where they pass the mic around to each table and people say a few words or offer congratulations? Cimini would be the person who gets the mic and asks "Ok,  you are happy now, but what about in 4 years if you aren't f*cking and hate each other. Then what?". 

And then waits for answer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

It's a similar scenario to this. Ever been to one of those weddings where they pass the mic around to each table and people say a few words or offer congratulations? Cimini would be the person who gets the mic and asks "Ok,  you are happy now, but what about in 4 years if you aren't f*cking and hate each other. Then what?". 

And then waits for answer. 

Pretty much.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't watch the video.  What is the complaint about Cimini?  Was it something about him asking JD about his concern about signing all these guys 4 years from now?  If so, isn't that a good type of problem to have?  In other words, it would mean we'd have very good players?  I'm not at all concerned about Cimini.  I just want the Jets to win.

In fairness, when was the last time someone we drafted in first round sign another contract with Jets

Cimini said a couple days before the draft that he thought Sauce was their guy if Hutch and Walker were gone while Connor Hughes was assuring us that there was no way in the world Sauce would be the pick.  Cimini is the best writer on the beat.  Pisses people off sometimes because of some harsh truths about a team that has been mostly bad for several decades but meh.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

Dude, that's not what Cimini is about. He knows that negativity and controversy sell and gets the clicks. He has never cared about the Jets succeeding during his entire career. He wants the Jets to be the "Same Old Jets" so he continues profiting off our misery.

I want the Jets to win as badly as you do, but to do that (which the Jets are currently doing) is to change the culture from within the organization that goes for the fans as well to believe that a championship is on the way. That's how you break a 53-year curse! You can't win championships if the players, fans,and yes even the media keep having that mentality that bad things are going to the Jets.

So clowns like Cimini and the rest of the beat who push negativity (especially during this time where there is no negativity) need to be exposed and I have no problem exposing them for what they truly are.

You want to know what will change all that. Winning games.

When Rex went to back to back AFCC games, everyone was on the Jet train. Now we have sucked for a really long time. Chances are we will for a bit longer as I don't  expect all these players to hit. Hopefully  2 our of the 6 does. That will be monumental for this organization.  

12 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I know I might show my age in this question, but was cimini a writer in the paper before social media? Like before Twitter, would you guys get the paper at your house and be like damn this rich cimini guy? Or did Twitter and social media as a whole increase his popularity?

He was a news paper reporter for the Daily News I think. Might have been the post.  Was a long time ago

• Sympathy 1