My direct message to Jets #1 troll Rich Cimini

The truth is everyone who gets a small following egos gets out of control and eventually start trying to make as much money as possible.  Independent media is cool until a little money starts rolling in and then you are doing 5 videos a day about why the Jets shouldn't take a WR at 10 and the latest DB Samuels rumor on Twitter.  Everyone is playing the same game these douche bags  are just more successful at it.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

For the most part beclowning the Jets is in the DNA of every journalist produced in the past 50 years.  None of these guys covering the team would have survived handling it any other way. 

Agree. The one exception is Eisen. I know he is not a jet beat reporter, but he is a true fan and not fake like Greenberg and the rest..

Eisen can give you the truth good or bad but still show with honesty his jet fandom.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Agree. The one exception is Eisen. I know he is not a jet beat reporter, but he is a true fan and not fake like Greenberg and the rest..

Eisen can give you the truth good or bad but still show with honesty his jet fandom.

I have followed Greenberg for a long time. Being negative when the team is stupidly bad is not being fake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I don't think greenberg is fake. 

He just gets emotional and says a lot of stupid sh*t on air - like begging Trevor Lawrence not to come to his favorite team. lol

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have followed Greenberg for a long time. Being negative when the team is stupidly bad is not being fake. 

Wearing a Brady jersey on air (i know it was a bet but that is simply unforgivable), openly talking about what a great guy kraft is  - sorry, no Bueno for me. That is not a true Jet fan.

26 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Wearing a Brady jersey on air (i know it was a bet but that is simply unforgivable), openly talking about what a great guy kraft is  - sorry, no Bueno for me. That is not a true Jet fan.

He has a national show and his job is talk about all sports teams. I am sure if he reported  as you have suggested,  he would still be doing morning radio with Golic. 

Oh, I thought the Jersey bet was funny and he was a good sport about it. I don't  recall the guys bame because he had a short career but the guy was a Rangers fan and he lost a bet and had to wear a Flyers Jersey and he called in sick that day. I thought that was being a total DB. 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He has a national show and his job is talk about all sports teams. I am sure if he reported  as you have suggested,  he would still be doing morning radio with Golic. 

I am not suggesting he be a homer in any way or not tell it like it is that the Jets have stunk up the place the last 10 years. I just don't like the whole die hard Jets fan - live and die green etc. with some of the other stuff he does. For me it comes off fake.

We see it differently which is ok.

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Cimini is a negative, doomsday loving putz. Just like Larry Brooks who covers the NY Rangers. 

Not that I follow these guys that closely but I think our fan base is becoming warped due to all of the losing.  It has nothing to do with the sportswriters. And if our owners and GM are listening to sportswriters (like Woody supposedly not hiring Doug Marrone due to Mehta) then we have an even bigger problem (though it's still not the sportswriters).

If you don't like a sportswriter then don't read them.

24 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Greenie is a whiny puss who eats wings with a knife and fork.

image.jpeg.016f1dd0dee0aadf81fbcbe9332ea014.jpeg

It's not just wings. There was a show on ESPN radio where he called in and they went over all his wierd eatting habits. The guy is a germaphobe and if you ever met one (I work with one and he doesn't  allow anyone near his desk) they have all kinds of strange habits. I will say he had reasons for eatting as he does. If eatting wings with a knife and fork are your reasons for not liking him, have at it. Greenie is one of the better sports reporters along with Rich Eisen. There is always Craig Carton as an alternative for you. 

I just remembered why he said he eats with a knife and fork. He said there are parts of a wing where you can't  get to the meat with your teeth but he has developed a method  with cutting it the way he does where he gets it all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m almost positive he started out working at Newsday.

Cimini started out covering the Jets at Newsday in 1989.  He switched over to the Daily News in the late 90s until he moved to ESPN in 2010.  He's been a Jets beat writer for 30+ years now.

• Upvote 1

Cimini and the rest of the locals...for me...are nothing but a bunch of agenda driven rag-writers.  Not even worth my time to read.  To read them...give them coin...is to give them the respect they don't deserve. 

It's unfortunate they have to show up at Jets pressers.  And for the most part...ask a bunch of stupid gaslighting dribble.  And subject Jets organization...it's players...and us fans...to listen or watch their Q & A nonsense.  Not everyone in the sports world  are clowns looking for clicks.  But the clowns colorize sports into something less informative then it should be.  Certainly less fun too.

I put them on my ignore list a long time ago.  I suggest you do the same.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Cimini and the rest of the locals...for me...are nothing but a bunch of agenda driven rag-writers.  Not even worth my time to read.  To read them...give them coin...is to give them the respect they don't deserve. 

It's unfortunate they have to show up at Jets pressers.  And for the most part...ask a bunch of stupid gaslighting dribble.  And subject Jets organization...it's players...and us fans...to listen or watch their Q & A nonsense.  Not everyone in the sports world  are clowns looking for clicks.  But the clowns colorize sports into something less informative then it should be.  Certainly less fun too.

I put them on my ignore list a long time ago.  I suggest you do the same.

I've never taken anything Cimini has said or written seriously.  I really tuned him out after he pounded the table for us to draft Paxton Lynch in 2016

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Or for God’s sake, can someone please paraphrase this for me? 

Yea I will Crusher: As a student of today's political climate this sure sounds familiar to me. The next thing you know there will be trucks rolling up to Florham Park flying Jets flags and being driven by people wearing armor and carrying high powered rifles, demanding to be let in to where the writers are waiting for their chance to ask questions so they can be "properly" dealt with

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yea I will Crusher: As a student of today's political climate this sure sounds familiar to me. The next thing you know there will be trucks rolling up to Florham Park flying Jets flags and being driven by people wearing armor and carrying high powered rifles, demanding to be let in to where the writers are waiting for their chance to ask questions so they can be "properly" dealt with

Uhh. Eerrr. Thanks? 

24 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Did that coward respond?

Another reason I think that Cimini won't answer me on Twitter is that if he RT his response I think a big chunk of his followers will be curious (or better yet figure out that I'm right about him) about what I said and check out the video and start following me.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not that I follow these guys that closely but I think our fan base is becoming warped due to all of the losing.  It has nothing to do with the sportswriters. And if our owners and GM are listening to sportswriters (like Woody supposedly not hiring Doug Marrone due to Mehta) then we have an even bigger problem (though it's still not the sportswriters).

If you don't like a sportswriter then don't read them.

No kidding it has nothing to do with the sportswriters. JD just uses them for information or misinformation in the case of the draft.  I haven't read Cimini for years because of what I have previously mentioned. Somebody posted that Cimini asked a question about how are they going to pay all the guys they just drafted in 4 years. What an idiotic question to ask 1 day after the draft. He's just a tool looking for a negative spin. 

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No kidding it has nothing to do with the sportswriters. JD just uses them for information or misinformation in the case of the draft.  I haven't read Cimini for years because of what I have previously mentioned. Somebody posted that Cimini asked a question about how are they going to pay all the guys they just drafted in 4 years. What an idiotic question to ask 1 day after the draft. He's just a tool looking for a negative spin. 

I haven't read a Cimini article in 11 years (when I moved out of NYC). I only see if a tweet from him that somebody reacts to or RTs.

On 5/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, DoomProphet said:

I'm tagging Rich on Twitter to make sure he gets this message.

Let’s hold off on that franchise altering statement until we see the players on the filed for a year or two.