My direct message to Jets #1 troll Rich Cimini

18 hours ago, rangerous said:

well one beat reporter needed to take over for maneesh.  i guess cimini is it.  just another reason to never, ever watch espn.

You do realize that Cimini was Manish before Manish was Manish - right?

Cimini can get under my skin at times, but also has a solid podcast, good contacts and writes intelligently. I thought the question he asked was very fair. In fact, I wondered if JD might try to roll one of our high picks over to next season to avoid 4 big contracts coming due at the same time. Obviously he has a plan but it's a legit concern. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/23/2022 at 4:36 PM, IndianaJet said:

There's a small part of me that's worried that Hamilton might be one of the picks for a lot of reasons including versatility.  But also, if you go Edge, WR in round 1, that is a TON of money the team has to eventually shell out for extensions in the same years (assuming the picks work out). 

I could totally see one of the "selling" points on Hamilton being a safety's 2nd contract will be a lot cheaper than an Edge or WRs.

We all know how much JD likes his cap space.

3 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Cimini can get under my skin at times, but also has a solid podcast, good contacts and writes intelligently. I thought the question he asked was very fair. In fact, I wondered if JD might try to roll one of our high picks over to next season to avoid 4 big contracts coming due at the same time. Obviously he has a plan but it's a legit concern. 

Yep...as you can see from another thread, five days before the draft, I wondered if that would be a small part of JD's thought process.

Obviously....and thank god....it wasn't.

But, of ALL of the things Cimini has done over the years, especially back when he was with the Daily News...THIS is the question was the straw that broke the camel's back?!?!?!????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yep...as you can see from another thread, five days before the draft, I wondered if that would be a small part of JD's thought process.

Obviously....and thank god....it wasn't.

But, of ALL of the things Cimini has done over the years, especially back when he was with the Daily News...THIS is the question was the straw that broke the camel's back?!?!?!????

I've been waiting to do a Cimini burial for awhile, I've already buried the NY media after the Tampa game (especially Bart Scott & Willie Colon) for questioning Zach's character after the 4th & 2 play which was ridiculous and asinine.

In Cimini's case, after that ridiculous question was the opening I needed to call him out for 30 years of trolling the organization and the fans. You could say this was the tipping point but this is LONG overdue and now is the time to call out his BS.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, More Cowbell said:

I just remembered why he said he eats with a knife and fork. He said there are parts of a wing where you can't  get to the meat with your teeth but he has developed a method  with cutting it the way he does where he gets it all. 

Do it like a neanderthal like the rest of us, or he can go ead with a knife & fork, too

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jet fans blaming the media is embarrassing.  If we win games then the narrative will change.  

That maybe true in most circles (especially nationally) but Cimini will never change he will find a way to spin & gaslight the fan base for clicks and views.

Just now, DoomProphet said:

That maybe true in most circles (especially nationally) but Cimini will never change he will find a way to spin & gaslight the fan base for clicks and views.

I don't agree with your premise.  But even if I did, there's a solution.  If you don't like him then don't read him.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't agree with your premise.  But even if I did, there's a solution.  If you don't like him then don't read him.  

I haven't read a Cimini article since I left NYC 11 years ago (when I think he was still with the NY Daily News) because I know there is nothing there. I only see his stuff under hashtags or if people RT his nonsense.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:19 PM, DoomProphet said:

Dude, that's not what Cimini is about. He knows that negativity and controversy sell and gets the clicks. He has never cared about the Jets succeeding during his entire career. He wants the Jets to be the "Same Old Jets" so he continues profiting off our misery.

I want the Jets to win as badly as you do, but to do that (which the Jets are currently doing) is to change the culture from within the organization that goes for the fans as well to believe that a championship is on the way. That's how you break a 53-year curse! You can't win championships if the players, fans,and yes even the media keep having that mentality that bad things are going to the Jets.

So clowns like Cimini and the rest of the beat who push negativity (especially during this time where there is no negativity) need to be exposed and I have no problem exposing them for what they truly are.

Why should a reported care if the Jets succeed or fail?  The fans and the press aren't playing on the field or making personell decisions.  The team wins a championship not the fans or the press.  We are invested as fans but we don't control anything.  Neither does the press.  

You break a curse by performing an exorcism, saging your home, visiting a Shaman, putting crystals under your bed, burning your ex wife at the stake, etc., etc., etc...

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Do it like a neanderthal like the rest of us, or he can go ead with a knife & fork, too

First off I love this movie. I just can't imagine the casting call for this dude. Looking for actor that looks good in overalls and camo hat and can suck the meat off a drumstick in one bite. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

First off I love this movie. I just can't imagine the casting call for this dude. Looking for actor that looks good in overalls and camo hat and can suck the meat off a drumstick in one bite. 

Maybe it was the actor's idea; sometimes that happens.

Of course, we didn't see him swallow it; just a couple chews. So he can be a knife & fork wing/drumstick eater, too, even though he looks the part.

28 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I haven't read a Cimini article since I left NYC 11 years ago (when I think he was still with the NY Daily News) because I know there is nothing there. I only see his stuff under hashtags or if people RT his nonsense.

I would suggest focusing your special powers on the football team you love with your entire Doom Prophet heart.