And, the winner of the JN 2022 Mock Draft is...

@RVAJet815 with his draft for the Rams.  Points are assigned based on the number of slots higher or lower a player goes in the NFL draft compared with our draft. So, if a player is picked 20th in our draft, but 10th in the NFL draft, that is +10 points; conversely if a guy goes 50th and one of us selected him at 35, that would be -15.  25 bonus points for each player selected that is also selected by his team in the NFL draft and another 25 bonus points for a pick selected at the same number. 

Picking for the Rams, RVA did not have any picks until #104 overall, but he maximized the value of those mid and late round picks.  Here is his draft for the Rams:

image.png

RVA led the way with 374 points followed by last year's winner @kdels62 who finished second at 268 and @Beerfish a close 3rd at 250 points.

image.png

Similar to last year, I also looked at the draft based on value created.  So, if your pool of draft picks total 2,500 points, and you ended up with 2,750 points based on where  your players were selected in the real drafted, you increased value by 10%.  RVAJet also won the draft based on this metric, increasing the value of his pool of picks by over 290%.  According to the draft chart, the Rams pool of picks was worth ~134 points, but the players he drafted were picked in sots worth over 526 points, followed by me and Beerfish:

image.png

Link to scoresheet with NFL and JN draft positions is below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O6xVzbvPEgrNGYJ_wAotNujQYikZnQeD-nTcoQPFEEk/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I may have had the strangest draft we ever had.  The 4 payers I picked for the Dolphins went in reverse order in the NFL draft. 

• I picked Aec Lindstrom at 102, he went undraffted
  • I picked Darian Beavers in the 4th, he went in the 6th,
  • Early 7 I picked Damarri Mathis, he went in the 4th
  • And at pick 247, I took UAB Edge Alex Wright, who went at 78 to the Browns in the 3rd.  169 points was the highest valued pick in the draft, but I had already messed it up so bad with the Lindstrom pick that it didn't matter.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A second place finish after a first place finish? 

Isaiah Likely sunk me and I realized it after I saw his pro day results. I didn't check before I made the pick. I also got cute thinking there were some guys I could keep passing on to create value. Danny Gray was my target for like 2 rounds before he got picked. 

Great job by RVA, for a team that had little draft capital he more than made the most of it with a lot of good value picks.

Lith had he been able to keep the packers probably would have done well I think he had a plan for what he was going to do.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I may have had the strangest draft we ever had.  The 4 payers I picked for the Dolphins went in reverse order in the NFL draft. 

• I picked Aec Lindstrom at 102, he went undraffted
  • I picked Darian Beavers in the 4th, he went in the 6th,
  • Early 7 I picked Damarri Mathis, he went in the 4th
  • And at pick 247, I took UAB Edge Alex Wright, who went at 78 to the Browns in the 3rd.  169 points was the highest valued pick in the draft, but I had already messed it up so bad with the Lindstrom pick that it didn't matter.

Three of the biggest surprises to me in this class were Lindstrom and Domann going undrafted and Beavers going that late.  Wild.

@Lith Thanks again to you and the other mods for all you guys do for this 3 week event, and especially to you for what you had to deal with this year with the sad loss of your dad.  I really liked my draft for the Browns, but I obviously liked Kalil Shakir a bit too much.? I took him at #78, and he lasted until late 4th, I believe. Went to a great spot though, joining the machine that is known as the Bills. Thanks again, and Let's Go Mets.

16 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Dude, @Lith, seriously. THANK YOU for all of the work you did in this. 

were not worthy waynes world GIF

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

Thank you Lith. 

I think SEA finished at the bottom. Couple guys went UD, the Georgia OG slid till R6… brutal. I liked the team I drafted but the nfl didn’t agree with me 

14 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Thank you @Lith for all the work you do on this, not this year but every year. Had a little luck...and thanks for letting me have that last pick ?

Great job gents. Until next year!

4 hours ago, section314 said:

@Lith Thanks again to you and the other mods for all you guys do for this 3 week event, and especially to you for what you had to deal with this year with the sad loss of your dad.  I really liked my draft for the Browns, but I obviously liked Kalil Shakir a bit too much.? I took him at #78, and he lasted until late 4th, I believe. Went to a great spot though, joining the machine that is known as the Bills. Thanks again, and Let's Go Mets.

Thanks guys, buyt don't forget to thank the other mods.  @Dcat, @New York Mick and @NYJetsVets91 are the guys who kept this draft going since I was AWOL for a couple of weeks.

The draft and the chance to talk football was a welcome distraction from the real life issues I was dealing with in late March/early April.  Thanks to all who participated.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2