@PFF_George: Jets had a below average draft

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would also say the Jets right now have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and its got some solid depth as well. The only thing we have to deal with right now is youth and some questions at QB which happen to be the only 2 things that can hold this team back.

Don’t forget all the Karen’s clutching their pearls on “how are we going to sign all these 1st round picks years’ from now?!

Well done JD….. You turned this roster around in 2 years with talented and inexpensive players. Keep drafting like this and we won’t have to worry about 2nd contracts for DL and Safety.

• Upvote 2

i'm not quite sure what this pff clown is complaining about.  douglas drafted 4 or 5 really good prospects at positions of need.  is this cloen upset because they didn't draft another tackle (defense or offense)?  as for the crack about the rb, i guess he didn't see carter miss a few games last season.  you need players on the field.  i'm guessing douglas also knows where the team needs more depth.

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

This thread has given an idiot far too much brain time. Mods, please lock.

Why do we need to have a thread like this one locked?  Everyone's knee-jerk reaction these days is to just shut down opinions that they don't like.

While I'm very happy with the Jets' draft, I can at least understand the guy's point about RBs not being good value in R2.   Going into this draft I was against the idea of the Jets trading up for the same reasons (we had a lot of holes to fill).  In retrospect, however, I loved the trade up for JJ.  And while I don't think RB is necessarily the best value for R2, I do think Breece will be a big help for ZW, and that matters far more than getting the absolute most value for your draft picks.  Having said that, I have no issue with hearing that guy's opinion (even though I haven't read anything beyond the tweet).

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why do we need to have a thread like this one locked?  Everyone's knee-jerk reaction these days is to just shut down opinions that they don't like.

While I'm very happy with the Jets' draft, I can at least understand the guy's point about RBs not being good value in R2.   Going into this draft I was against the idea of the Jets trading up for the same reasons (we had a lot of holes to fill).  In retrospect, however, I loved the trade up for JJ.  And while I don't think RB is necessarily the best value for R2, I do think Breece will be a big help for ZW, and that matters far more than getting the absolute most value for your draft picks.  Having said that, I have no issue with hearing that guy's opinion (even though I haven't read anything beyond the tweet).

I don't like sober you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He achieved exactly what he wanted to do and get attention and clicks. That’s his job, advertisers don’t care about the truth. I never heard of this guy before he was posted here. 

All 700 of his followers will be impressed by this tweet.

If theyre all fans of Miami, NE and the Bills

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I would also say the Jets right now have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and its got some solid depth as well. The only thing we have to deal with right now is youth and some questions at QB which happen to be the only 2 things that can hold this team back. Someone who says the Jets don't have talent across the board is not paying attention at all. Historical data on team's does change and if you want to report on pro football you have to recognize these things and this clown obviously does not.  Metrics are ruining sports they can't gage when a player has the ability to step up in big situations and play clutch because one big play in a big game can mean the difference just ask Eli Manning when his WR's made absolutely insane catches during 2 playoff runs that secured 2 SB victories.

Lol, I knew you loved that pick, Buddy. Honestly, I did, too. I get the analytics against drafting RBs high, and will often discuss them at length, but at this place and time, developing Zach Wilson is the primary goal. They’ve put a solid OL in front front of him, and surrounded him with genuine, deep talent at WR, TE, and RB. The nerds can look at that pick in a vacuum and disregard it, but the window for Zach to blossom is this year and maybe next. I don’t care about 10 years down the road, I care about Zach Wilson being given every opportunity to become a franchise QB. Unlike the utter garbage they surrounded Geno and Sam with (I don’t care if we all believe they suck now, they were never given a chance here). They’ve done right by ZW, that’s the only thing that matters. 

Jets will still be one of the youngest teams in the league this year with four new rookie starters, a second year QB and coaching staff, but they should be fun to watch. Just that will be a nice change of pace. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Best way to get someone to listen to everything you say is to start with,” I know you don’t want to hear this but….” People hyper tune in to that stuff. Yet, I think the thread @Facts started is much better approach to questioning the draft in he actually had another idea, not a bad one either. Ultimately we won’t know for 3-4 years.

It was a weird one fir me because I was literally going “ not JJ, not JJ” at 4 and 10 and then screamed “ hell yeah JJ” when we did draft him. Not even sure why, just seemed a nice place to get him. 

Plus the old edge rusher Angle he is playing is a little much. They all don’t but some of the bigger more physical guys got some staying power. Like Calais Campbell, Chandler Jones  and Von Miller. 

• Upvote 2

Im trying hard to consider if there is a kernel of truth to his point of view…that the Jets just had a poor, below avg… draft.

But, I can’t 

I guess it means he rates their picks far below the consensus of experts?

of course..obviously..”the proof is in the pudding”…but no one knows how the talent will play out..  

im always interested in a contrarian’s point of view.  But, this one’s not hard to dismiss

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It was a weird one fir me because I was literally going “ not JJ, not JJ” at 4 and 10 and then screamed “ hell yeah JJ” when we did draft him. Not even sure why, just seemed a nice place to get him. 

Plus the old edge rusher Angle he is playing is a little much. They all don’t but some of the bigger more physical guys got some staying power. Like Calais Campbell, Chandler Jones  and Von Miller. 

I didn’t love JJ, either, and was so happy when they took Wilson at #10! What I like about JJ is that I do believe he has a high floor. That at the very least, he’ll be a solid DE who sets the edge in the running game well. A player like that is a nice pick at #26, especially if he can get after the passer some, too. I could actually see him getting pulled on some obvious passing downs to let Jacob Martin get some shots at the QB. Wouldn’t be surprised if they see the DE they took in the fourth as a developmental guy who can eventually play inside or out a la JFM. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I wonder what it would have taken for this guy to think the Jets had a good draft? I’m guessing he’s upset the Jets didn’t clone Hutchinson and draft him 9 times…

I’d like to know what he thinks about the value of the Ravens draft, taking a S and C in the first round. They’re getting robustly fellated, but I didn’t like what they were doing until they got to the second round. 

• Upvote 2