@PFF_George: Jets had a below average draft

1 minute ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

None of these PFF nerds like the Jets draft. I guess the Jets not trading down and getting that 6th round sleeper really put a damper on things, aww shucks! 

Likely their plan was to destroy the Jets fur clicks. So, that’s what they are doing. 

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Best way to get someone to listen to everything you say is to start with,” I know you don’t want to hear this but….” People hyper tune in to that stuff. Yet, I think the thread @Facts started is much better approach to questioning the draft in he actually had another idea, not a bad one either. Ultimately we won’t know for 3-4 years.

It was a weird one fir me because I was literally going “ not JJ, not JJ” at 4 and 10 and then screamed “ hell yeah JJ” when we did draft him. Not even sure why, just seemed a nice place to get him. 

Plus the old edge rusher Angle he is playing is a little much. They all don’t but some of the bigger more physical guys got some staying power. Like Calais Campbell, Chandler Jones  and Von Miller. 

I know you don’t want to hear this but…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

F YOU!

When it's all said and done I think it will be the trade ups that make this draft special. 

Jermaine Johnson may be the best Edge in this class. Hall will likely be in the OROY discussion. Those small little move ups are what separate the better GM's in the league. Especially in a year in which many said the talent after round 4 was all similar to the UDFA level in other years. Excellent moves by Douglas. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I didn’t love JJ, either, and was so happy when they took Wilson at #10! What I like about JJ is that I do believe he has a high floor. That at the very least, he’ll be a solid DE who sets the edge in the running game well. A player like that is a nice pick at #26, especially if he can get after the passer some, too. I could actually see him getting pulled on some obvious passing downs to let Jacob Martin get some shots at the QB. Wouldn’t be surprised if they see the DE they took in the fourth as a developmental guy who can eventually play inside or out a la JFM. 

Bryan Thomas clone

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

SAR hasn't  posted in a while. Not sure he is entertained any longer. 

Oh, he'll be back.  He can't resist center stage.  What better time to regenerate his JD hate than this, after what was probably the best Jets draft in 40 years?  Think of all the attention it would garner.  You know, he can't resist.  Or he could prove me wrong by staying away.   Win-Win either way

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Just another attention starved know nothing looking for clicks. 
Also who is this guy? 

This. If you watched PFF during the draft they were giving the Jets high marks, but that doesn't get the clicks like saying the complete opposite to get Jets twitter riled up. 

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh, he'll be back.  He can't resist center stage.  What better time to regenerate his JD hate than this, after what was probably the best Jets draft in 40 years?  Think of all the attention it would garner.  You know, he can't resist.  Or he could prove me wrong by staying away.   Win-Win either way

Well that woukd be playing the long game unless Zach falls on his face this season which is a possibility.  

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

His point is basically just relative to draft capital. He's not saying we didn't get good players, just that with an abundance of capital two trade ups didn't get us the best "value."

If the picks hit it will be well worth it.

I didn’t like the trade up last year for AVT. Two third rounders in a deep class? For a guard? That kinda hurt. But AVT has the look of a stud in the making, so who cares now? Jets made two trades up this weekend, each of which cost the equivalent of a fifth round pick in a weak class. Only the true JD hating, glass always half empty types can have much of a problem with either of those deals. There’s always a lot of self praise after the draft, with everybody claiming that they got exactly who they wanted, but I definitely take the Jets at their word when they say they had JJ top 10 and Breece top 20 on their board, and they clearly were the players they wanted. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Somebody’s gotta say it, I guess. So when the players from this draft flame out he’ll be able to say “I told you so.” Cool world we live in.

See Untouchable's comment below. 

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

His point is basically just relative to draft capital. He's not saying we didn't get good players, just that with an abundance of capital two trade ups didn't get us the best "value."

If the picks hit it will be well worth it.

those of you who have been reading pff since its inception know how they ALWAYS rag on the Jets... in any capacity... real NFL, fantasy.  Plus their positional scores during the season are dubious at best.  I lost the link to the article dammit, but it was at least 5 yrs old and it showed the absurdity of PFF's player scores. Basically it made no sense.  But that was years ago.  

Much like Walter Football has, PFF just has this thing about the Jets.  It always has.  THe reality though is their manipulation of stats is comical.

56 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Bryan Thomas clone

Travon Walker is the Bryan Thomas comparable. Combine blow up and making projections. 

JJ's Tape is legit wether you look at his in season play against top LT's (Ikey) or his senior bowl. 

I feel as if RB have become so undervalued . That they are now a bargain 

10 years ago breece hall would’ve been a top 5-10 pick . He’s for sure one of the top 20 players in the draft. 

when he’s taking swing passes for 20 yards instead of falling on his face like Ty Johnson will we think about the 146th pick ?? 

• Post of the Week 1

What guys like PFF George dont take into account (because they strictly are looking at the "value" of each pick to an extreme degree) is that JD accumulated extra draft capital to allow him to move up and still take 7 players in the draft. Thats still a very decent haul, volume wise, and all 7 have a pretty good chance of being impact players.  Its not like they traded the whole lot of draft picks for 3-4 guys; 7 drafted rookies, quality over quantity, is a great haul.

Id rather that approach this year, than to pick a bunch of 5/6/7 round players who may not make the squad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sounds like someone's compensating for a below average penis.

There are too many mfers expressing opinions in too many ways with too little consequences. 

Yeah dude, coming away with the number 1 cb, wr, rb and a de that is top 3 is below average because we didn't draft your pet 5th rounder makes for a below average draft.

Also, depending who’s grading, the #1-2 TE. So that’s 5 starters.

But we needed that 5th rounder because all the best teams start 6+ rookies. Oh yeah, and they also guaranteed draft additional starters in round 5 while competing with the 5 starting players taken in the first 3 rounds.

Everyone bats at least .500 in round 5.

Good call. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CT Jets said:

I feel as if RB have become so undervalued . That they are now a bargain 

10 years ago breece hall would’ve been a top 5-10 pick . He’s for sure one of the top 20 players in the draft. 

when he’s taking swing passes for 20 yards instead of falling on his face like Ty Johnson will we think about the 146th pick ?? 

I think they've become properly valued. There are a few truly great RBs but, for the most part, the running game is about the OL.  My hunch is that what set Breece apart is that he's a really good pass receiver.   Another safety valve for Zach.

Saw the story on twitter and didn't click it.  Another dope who needs clicks and figured he'd offer a "hot take" on a team that plays in a huge media market.  Shocking.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He achieved exactly what he wanted to do and get attention and clicks. That’s his job, advertisers don’t care about the truth. I never heard of this guy before he was posted here. 

Mick gets it.