Deebo…..Again

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No.  The Deebo idea is dead.

Move on.

I hear you, but if he is going to be traded in the summer because of a holdout, why not us?

Deebo, Wilson, and Moore would be an electrifying trio of receivers.  They all possess the speed and YAC ability that modern NFL offenses are built on.

Assuming he IS getting traded at some point this off-season because he refuses to play for SF, you are not interested?

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

I hear you, but if he is going to be traded in the summer because of a holdout, why not us?

Deebo, Wilson, and Moore would be an electrifying trio of receivers.  They all possess the speed and YAC ability that modern NFL offenses are built on.

Assuming he IS getting traded at some point this off-season because he refuses to play for SF, you are not interested?

No

he wants to cut his production I’m half and triple his pay in exchange 

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Thats not true at all.

I’m right but let’s look at it another way. 

he wants to leave an iconic beloved franchise that plays in a Gorgeous stadium on newly installed grass field for a great offensive Head coach and play caller. 

poor baby

He’s butt hurt over the new WR deals 

poor baby !

there is 0.0% chance he would be a jet for more than 3 years 

**** this guy

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m right but let’s look at it another way. 

he wants to leave an iconic beloved franchise that plays in a Gorgeous stadium on newly installed grass field for a great offensive Head coach and play caller. 

poor baby

He’s butt hurt over the new WR deals 

poor baby !

there is 0.0% chance he would be a jet for more than 3 years 

**** this guy

I don’t agree with a lot of what you said, but probably most importantly, 3 years is an eternity in the NFL.  

If the Jets traded for Deebo and won a Super Bowl in one of his first 3 years while Zach is on his rookie deal, you care that he would want to walk after that?

48 minutes ago, slats said:

He was willing to pass on the possibility of drafting Wilson. He might not’ve thought that he would be there. A lot of mocks had him going to the Falcons, who decided on a different WR. If Wilson really was his #1 WR, that difference is probably in his head, too. Corey Davis and a pick seems about right, I don’t know about a future #1, though. Not without getting something substantial back. 

Don't disagree necessarily, but it's hard to say. Do we know if the offer was still on the table (or if it was rescinded) while the Jets were on the clock? Did he tell them to ead once we were on the clock? It was probably always considered at worst a 50-50 chance his top WR choice would be there at #10. 

Davis and a pick may seem better - and perhaps it is - but now it's a bit like drafting OL high  3x in a row. He'll have burned a high 2nd followed by a #10 overall followed by another unknown slot 1st rounder (as likely as not at least a top 15 pick). It's not the same swapping Davis/Deebo in the absence of an additional top 10 pick on a WR. To me that's more a swap we do if we were drafting a WR a little later (i.e. late day 2 or lower). The swap before meant we keep our '23 1st rounder; now we'd be without one. I don't know if I'm on board with that & would rather swap out Wilson. 

But then, ask me again after the season's in the rear view mirror and I'll tell you what I really wanted them to do lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I don’t agree with a lot of what you said, but probably most importantly, 3 years is an eternity in the NFL.  

If the Jets traded for Deebo and won a Super Bowl in one of his first 3 years while Zach is on his rookie deal, you care that he would want to walk after that?

Who made out better on the Jets/ Seahawks Adams deal ?

now you want Jamal Samuel ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Who made out better on the Jets/ Seahawks Adams deal ?

now you want Jamal Samuel ?

Really apples and oranges.  This player would cost us 1 first round pick, not 2.  This player plays a position that actually matters in the NFL and would be an insanely valuable veteran presence to learn from for our 2 young receivers in Moore & Wilson.  All of this is obviously predicated on Deebo's willingness to sign a long term deal year, showing he actually wants to be part of the team

So glad the niners are suffering with this guy after trying to rip us off asking for the moon for him. JD made a great offer which was higher value than any other WR traded. They rejected. They could have drafted Wilson.

Wanted Deebo bad but couldn't be happier with the situation as is.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

No

he wants to cut his production I’m half and triple his pay in exchange 

This, in part.

Also, Wilson/Moore/Davis/Berrios/Mims is MORE than adequate with a good QB.

Save our money, or spend it where we're still not so strong.  

Just don't see Deebo as a vital need, but to be fair, I didn't before the draft either (I preferred a WR pick).

• Upvote 2

Nah

Trading your 2023 1st for a WR now doesn't make much sense.. Once we drafted Wilson, we chose to give up the Deebo dream. The 49ers didn't want to trade him and still don't. Maybe they will be forced to, but the Jets couldn't afford to wait around for a summer holdout to only have a chance at landing him. The fact is, the Jets were only willing to do it if they didn't have to overpay like a MOFO and the 49ers were only interested in godfather offers. Just wasn't meant to be. As much as I wanted Deebo, I said for days that anything appreciably more than #10 overall would not be worth it. The team had too many holes headed into the draft. 

The 2023 first will correctly be used to fill a big team need after this very important upcoming season. We'll learn a lot about our young QB and what holes we still have on offense and defense. The 2023 1st has to be geared towards addressing one of those holes. 

The WR room is set for at least 2022. BTW, Zach Wilson loves Davis and had some good moments with him in year 1. I would not be surprised if they had a really good connection this year. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nah

Trading your 2023 1st for a WR now doesn't make much sense.. Once we drafted Wilson, we chose to give up the Deebo dream. The 49ers didn't want to trade him and still don't. Maybe they will be forced to, but the Jets couldn't afford to wait around for a summer holdout to only have a chance at landing him. The fact is, the Jets were only willing to do it if they didn't have to overpay like a MOFO and the 49ers were only interested in godfather offers. Just wasn't meant to be. As much as I wanted Deebo, I said for days that anything appreciably more than #10 overall would not be worth it. The team had too many holes headed into the draft. 

The 2023 first will correctly be used to fill a big team need after this very important upcoming season. We'll learn a lot about our young QB and what holes we still have on offense and defense. The 2023 1st has to be geared towards addressing one of those holes. 

The WR room is set for at least 2022. 

Agree.  The 49ers are asking way too much for a WR who is good but it's not like he's a young Calvin Johnson.  

Look at our own history.  The WR trades that worked out (Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Holmes) we always bought low and only needed to trade a middle round pick at most.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Really apples and oranges.  This player would cost us 1 first round pick, not 2.  This player plays a position that actually matters in the NFL and would be an insanely valuable veteran presence to learn from for our 2 young receivers in Moore & Wilson.  All of this is obviously predicated on Deebo's willingness to sign a long term deal year, showing he actually wants to be part of the team

Fine

propose a trade thst makes sense for both sides including deebos new money extension 

8 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Agree.  The 49ers are asking way too much for a WR who is good but it's not like he's a young Calvin Johnson.  

Yeah definitely not. Only their career average per catch is the same,  Deebo has more yards receiving per game for their first three years on way less targets than Calvin Johnson in his first three seasons. Johnson also had one season in his entire career where he approached the 18 per reception that Deebo had last year. 

Prediction: Your next move is to try and turn this into me comparing Deebo to Johnson to try and make your point feel like it makes sense.

I'm not. But for you to say he's DEFINITELY not, based on perception instead of actual facts is ignorant.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah definitely not. Only their career average per catch is the same,  Deebo has more yards receiving per game for their first three years on way less targets than Calvin Johnson in his first three seasons. Johnson also had one season in his entire career where he approached the 18 per reception that Deebo had last year. 

Prediction: Your next move is to try and turn this into me comparing Deebo to Johnson to try and make your point feel like it makes sense.

I'm not. But for you to say he's DEFINITELY not, based on perception instead of actual facts is ignorant.

Yeah let's pretend one of those years was Calvin Johnson playing on an 0-16 team and 2 of those years Calvin Johnson's quarterbacks were Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky (the guy who ran a safety out of bounds in the endzone) and Drew Henson.

2 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Yeah let's pretend one of those years was Calvin Johnson playing on an 0-16 team and 2 of those years Calvin Johnson's quarterbacks were Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky (the guy who ran a safety out of bounds in the endzone) and Drew Henson.

He had 6,000 targets in those three years for a reason. 

Oh I see were going to tangle now over Jon Kitna Jimmy garoplollolol comparisons now and discount season three to boot.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

He had 6,000 targets in those three years for a reason. 

Oh I see were going to tangle now over Jon Kitna Jimmy garoplollolol comparisons now.

You're actually going to try to pretend Jimmy Garropolo isn't way better than any qb Calvin Johnson played with until he got a rookie Matt Stafford in his 3rd year?

1 minute ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You're actually going to try to pretend Jimmy Garropolo isn't way better than any qb Calvin Johnson played with until he got a rookie Matt Stafford in his 3rd year?

You're gonna pretend that the other seasons he had with Stafford that are comparable to Deebos last season don't matter either?

8 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You know exactly what you tried to do. You tried to go cliche and make it sound like Calvin Johnson is on another planet from Deebo. He's a star and Deebo's a scrub in comparison like it's not even debatable. You got caught. It is debatable. You know how I know? Because we're debating it right ******* now. And you're losing. We're now debating who sucks less, Gallipoli or Kitna.

I also know that if, after Calvin Johnson's first three seasons we had a chance to trade for him and pay him like a top five WR, you'd still say no. "Well, it's not like he's JERRY RICE." would be the rationale. 

The Jets are currently deploying at WR; the 5th overall pick of the 2017 draft, the 34th pick of the 21 draft and the 10th pick of the 22 draft.  Oh, and they have the 36th overall pick carrying the rock.  All of them combined are at the same cost as what Deebo Samuel is asking for salary wise.

Just let that sink in...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The Jets are currently deploying at WR; the 5th overall pick of the 2017 draft, the 34th pick of the 21 draft and the 10th pick of the 22 draft.  Oh, and they have the 36th overall pick carrying the rock.  All of them combined are at the same cost as what Deebo Samuel is asking for salary wise.

Just let that sink in...

That's what I'M saying man, we can afford him, especially since he'd be like twelve mil more than what we're paying the guy we'd be trading him for in this scenario. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Just let that sink in...

I mean, come on - that means absolutely nothing.  That is solely a function of the rookie contract scale and Corey Davis being paid like a mid-tier receiver (rightfully so).  We should hope Elijah Moore and Garett Wilson are commanding top of the market salaries after their rookie deals because they have ACTUALLY produced like Deebo has

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Unlikely, but he was willing to pass on drafting Wilson to get Deebo just before. The difference is solely in one’s head. 

He didnt know for certain before the draft that he d be able to draft Wilson, so it is a little different.

4 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I mean, come on - that means absolutely nothing.  That is solely a function of the rookie contract scale and Corey Davis being paid like a mid-tier receiver (rightfully so).  We should hope Elijah Moore and Garett Wilson are commanding top of the market salaries after their rookie deals because they have ACTUALLY produced like Deebo has

I think you’re in love with the idea of deebo rather than the reality. 

Using the hill deal as a frame of reference, what would a trade look like including his extension?

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's what I'M saying man, we can afford him, especially since he'd be like twelve mil more than what we're paying the guy we'd be trading him for in this scenario. 

9 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Time to let Deebo go. 

Great player, but the timing no longer makes sense. The Jets have a dynamic trio at WR with Moore, Wilson, and Davis - with Davis eventually being the third option, which is where he can really shine. 

And it remains to be seen whether the 49ers will even trade him at all. They clearly don't want to and are going to try to convince him to stay. The earliest a trade happens is training camp, assuming he actually holds out. The Jets couldn't afford to wait that long, anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Dan friggin Orlovsky was his QB for a big chunk of that time.  Stop.

See? We're debating the qbs again. I'm not playing. It's exhausting.

Better question. Does Deebo Samuel NEED to be Calvin Johnson to make him a significant upgrade from Corey Davis and worth the extra 12 mil? 

Does the addition of Samuel give you potentially the best WR corps in football or one of the best when combined with Wilson, Moore, Berrios? 

You want to say it's overkill, fine, I'll take it but don't discount the talent the kid has. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Time to let Deebo go. 

Great player, but the timing no longer makes sense. The Jets have a dynamic trio at WR with Moore, Wilson, and Davis - with Davis eventually being the third option, which is where he can really shine. 

And it remains to be seen whether the 49ers will even trade him at all. They clearly don't want to and are going to try to convince him to stay. The earliest a trade happens is training camp, assuming he actually holds out. The Jets couldn't afford to wait that long, anyway. 

What part of delicious do you not understand?