2023 NFL Draft Prospects

maury77

You guys here at the draft forum are awesome for me to sit back and read insightful, pure football sh*tt. I have no love for any particular school (maybe Louisville, my bros school) but love the college game for many reasons, but mainly to find my next Freeman Mcneil, Leon Washington or Bilal Powell. You guys give me a focus when scouting a new Jet. 

Thanks.... and carry on...

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:35 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

with the way the nfl is trending its not a bad idea.  General rule at this point would be to take a OL and DL every year to create a pipeline there, but WR could be an every year to every other year pick as well with the way the drafts are going. 

Completely agree. Having a pipeline of you g WRs on rookie deals is going to be huge. We wont be able to sign all of them but it’ll ensure we always have good WR play.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

What's good is that if our picks work out from last year and this year, we should be picking around 15-20 range and looking at LB, DT, C or RT. That range is a perfect spot for those positions, can land the top guy potentially. 

Exactly the spots I think the Jets will need most in 2023 assuming things go well with the guys they drafted this season.  Maybe add a Safety to the list.  LB, DT, C, S, RT.

A real key this season will be if just one of Sherwood or Nasirildeen proves to be a starter some how.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Paradis said:

Ajou Ajou... sigh, if he can put together - lord. 

Sucks knowing that barring something unforeseen, it's unlikely we take another Wideout early. 

If I'm an NFL GM I'm taking a WR in the top 100 every year with what's going on with their salaries.  It has changed the landscape IMO.  The position is going to be loaded in the draft for many years to come.  No reason to pay a guy $30+ million at a spot where there are tons of players to be had.  I'd take one in the top 3 rounds every year.  Not like QB where you're only carrying a maximum of 3.  Teams can keep 6 or 7 WR's.   Get a pipeline going and avoid insane cap hits.

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, maury77 said:

How bad would the QB have to be this year for the Jets to look at QB next year? It looks like a solid class. 

Isn't it kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If we are drafting in a position that allows us to select a top QB, we should probably select a top QB.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.