Jump to content

Breer On Jet Moves


KRL
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where was he predicted to go pre draft that this so called drop like a rock in water occurred?  

Most had him as the 4th EDGE to go.  While some had him as the top guy.  Who cares you dont draft because of what others think, you draft by what you and your scouts think.  You pay them, not other scouting staffs

That’s basically what I said. I believe everyone was surprised that JJ was there at 26. The Jets went up and got him because they had him ranked as their #8 prospect. No one else appeared to have that opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

That’s basically what I said. I believe everyone was surprised that JJ was there at 26. The Jets went up and got him because they had him ranked as their #8 prospect. No one else appeared to have that opinion. 

Its more than how you have him ranked, its also beed.  If he was the Jets 8th and you follow strictly by ranting he should have been taken at 10.  Again, I dont care what others think of him, dont even know what others think about him.  Its what the Jets think and that they went out and got him.  We'll see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

That’s basically what I said. I believe everyone was surprised that JJ was there at 26. The Jets went up and got him because they had him ranked as their #8 prospect. No one else appeared to have that opinion. 

Simms said alot of teams had him on their top 10. 

Have to impact as well that teams go to the draft with different needs. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its more than how you have him ranked, its also beed.  If he was the Jets 8th and you follow strictly by ranting he should have been taken at 10.  Again, I dont care what others think of him, dont even know what others think about him.  Its what the Jets think and that they went out and got him.  We'll see

Saunders and Wilson were ranked higher than JJ by the Jets which is why they went Wilson at #10.  If Texas picked Saunders it probably would have been JJ at 10 
 

But as you say we’ll see. I hope he crushes it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Saunders and Wilson were ranked higher than JJ by the Jets which is why they went Wilson at #10.  If Texas picked Saunders it probably would have been JJ at 10 
 

But as you say we’ll see. I hope he crushes it. 

Obviously JD should've traded up for Saunders.🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

The JJ pick intrigues me the most because he fell like a rock in water in the first round indicating that many teams were not high on him. The Jets were pretty much on an island when it comes to belief in JJ’s talent. 

It’s been pointed out that no edge defenders were taken between Thibodeaux at 5 and JJ at 26.  So, it may be that teams deprioritized the position and not JJ specifically.  It’s possible that teams that may have taken JJ instead took WRs because of the run on that position that occurred, starting with London.

There are reasons that players fall that sometimes go beyond the assessment of that particular player.  It’s not like teams passed over JJ for other edges.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...