Bills Fans Heated Jets Draft RB Breece Hall..LOL!

37 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

That's me with the beard

Did the Cook pick later on simmer you guys down? I know I was doing plenty of this when we didn't get JJ at pick 10 but at pick 26 I was much calmer ?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

So Funny. 

They grabbed James Cook at 63, we'll have to compare production of him to Hall.

Sounds like these guys wanted Breece Hall with the Bill's First Round Pick. They grabbed Kaiir Elam to fill a need. We'll have to see how he ends up also. 

Yea I really liked James Cook it wouldn't shock me if Cook + Elam is a better combo than solely Breece at 25 plus someone later. 

• Upvote 1

Was it me or did it seem like James Cook and his family and friends were out of their minds?

Beane made his choice.   Elam and White will cover the Jets receivers.  The question is whether the Jets can run on the Bills.  That is the hard one,  but it is possible

Then the question is whether the Jets can defend the Bills.  That is not a hard question-the answer is no.

Elam was picked to defend the Chiefs and Chargers.   

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, juxsta said:

Did the Cook pick later on simmer you guys down? I know I was doing plenty of this when we didn't get JJ at pick 10 but at pick 26 I was much calmer ?

I don't know why they were so surprised. It was obvious the Jets were going to select him, made complete sense after the 3 guys you got in round 1. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, varjet said:

Was it me or did it seem like James Cook and his family and friends were out of their minds?

Beane made his choice.   Elam and White will cover the Jets receivers.  The question is whether the Jets can run on the Bills.  That is the hard one,  but it is possible

Then the question is whether the Jets can defend the Bills.  That is not a hard question-the answer is no.

That was not a hard question last year. This year could be totally different. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, varjet said:

The wildcard is if the Jets bolstered their pass rush and secondary to slow up the Bills passing attack. We’ll see.

Having been on the other side of that many times, it really was fun to watch.  Kind of like when we got cute and figured we could wait to draft some QB named Favre in the 2nd round way back.

Which reminds me.  For all those who were beefing about trading up two slots to make sure we got Hall, if we had done that in 1991, we would not have had to draft Browning Nagle as our consolation prize.  

• Upvote 3

I hate the bills more than the pats and that’s saying something….. their fans talk the most sh*t because of this little time period that they are okay …..  and not one ring in there existence unlike us….. and josh allen is gonna implode like cam newton in no time I already see it ?

48 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Look at this 108 page thread of Breece Hall on the Bills message board. 

Page 104 is the page they'd realized he was going to the Jets. They were pissed off!! Lol. 

Page 1

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/238955-breece-hall-please/

Page 104

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/238955-breece-hall-please/page/104/

I just wish I saw your 2nd link before I had to read 104 pages ......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

The way I saw it prior to being drafted:
Hall - Good all around back, who can carry the load on a run first team.
Cook - Weapon that can exploit mismatches on a pass first team.

Feel like both guys went to ideal spots.

Bills ran a lot

More than the Jets & Fish 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is kind of suprising as the Bills already have had a lot of success with what they are doing. Did they think Hall was key to winning a SB?

I think it’s part of it and I’d also imagine, though he’s like a cyborg, they realize running Josh Allen as much as they do is not a very realistic long term plan. 80% of his runs should result in a 1st down or TD, anything wise is an unnecessary risk. Using him as the default when they can’t move the ball on the ground is fools gold. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think it’s part of it and I’d also imagine, though he’s like a cyborg, they realize running Josh Allen as much as they do is not a very realistic long term plan. 80% of his runs should result in a 1st down or TD, anything wise is an unnecessary risk. Using him as the default when they can’t move the ball on the ground is fools good. 

I don't  watch enough Bills football to know what situations he runs in. Most times I see him run, it looks like he gives the D fits becaise he is so hard to bring down. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

This is kind of suprising as the Bills already have had a lot of success with what they are doing. Did they think Hall was key to winning a SB?

When you’re as close to the Super Bowl as they were last year, it’s kinda normal to feel as if you’re just one player away. Josh Allen was their second leading rusher last season, and #3 wasn’t even close. The fans probably weren’t too far off, either, considering that the team did wind up making the faux pas of drafting a RB in the second round, too. 

• Upvote 1