Garrett Wilson Reacts To Dad's Heartfelt 2022 Draft Message ? | The New York Jets

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m totally stealing that idea. My daughter is graduating nursing school in 2 weeks. Totally stealing the idea to make a video  

awesome message. Awesome dad. 

You absolutely should.  Wonderful idea!

• Upvote 2

I’m totally stealing that idea. My daughter is graduating nursing school in 2 weeks. Totally stealing the idea to make a video  

i literally read this as nursery school first.
  • Haha 2

Wow. What a great message. The more I learn about this kid, the more I’m happy he is on our team. Pulling for him to be elite.

Can we add his dad to the coaching staff? I’m ready to run through a wall.

Edited by GreenFish
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's awesome but you know what I got when I was drafted into the NFL?  I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey, smoke up, Johnny!"

The worst part of it all is that my name is Angelo.

Son, I remember the time you spilled paint in the garage...

• Haha 3

But can he lead a J-E-T-S chant?

What a wonderful message.   The Jets are definitely looking for competitors who come from families like this.  This makes me feel even better out the draft pick and humanity in general?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Do it.

I created gmail addresses for my son and daughter a few days after each was born, and I’ve been sending them quick messages. Nothing extravagant yet as they’re 2 and 1 respectively, but just a quick thought or recap of something that happened.

I’m excited to relive those moments with them when they grow up.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Do it.

I created gmail addresses for my son and daughter a few days after each was born, and I’ve been sending them quick messages. Nothing extravagant yet as they’re 2 and 1 respectively, but just a quick thought or recap of something that happened.

I’m excited to relive those moments with them when they grow up.

Damn man that’s legit awesome 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Thank you so much for posting this.  Wow.  Incredible.  Definitely teared up.  He calls his dad, "Pops"...me too! 

What a special moment to share with everyone.  Incredible father, what incredible advice, looks he raised an incredible man.  Looking forward to watching Garrett grow and make his family even more proud then they already are!

• Upvote 2

This message from his dad brought tears to my eyes.  I'm not gonna lie.

What a great dad!!  I also believe that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so I think we got a lot to root for in Mr. Wilson.

15 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That video makes me even happier that the Jets drafted him and makes me wish more athletes had fathers of that quality. 

You’re not kidding.  I hope I have that level of insight and love to share and express for my son on his important milestones.  You can tell this kid is wise and mature because he had amazing parents every step of the way.  Really blown away.