Jets GM Joe Douglas Talks Sauce Gardner, NFL Draft, Deebo & More with Rich Eisen | Full Interview

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

When I was a kid, I loved Mark Gastineau because when he made a big play, I would jump up and cheer and dance around…. and he did too.  This interview reminded me of that, because as I listened to it, I had a giddy smile on my face that I could barely contain, and there were times when Rich Eisen was giggling with delight like a little schoolgirl too.  As others have said, of all of the commentators who are Jets fans, I think he’s the best.

Thanks for posting this.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Daniel Jerimiah on his latest podcast said he has heard Mims has been 'Off the charts" this off season. 

I mean if he can push for playing time or be the deep threat specialization guy that’s a win at this point. When you start trending towards out of the league sometimes it hits you I guess.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Daniel Jerimiah on his latest podcast said he has heard Mims has been 'Off the charts" this off season. 

here's to hoping.  i think the thing most fans (including myself) don't have a feel for is how finely tuned some of these guys are physically.  that bout with food poisoning really could have knocked the bejesus out of mims and contributed to his play last season.  and the same goes for the mental part.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean if he can push for playing time or be the deep threat specialization guy that’s a win at this point. When you start trending towards out of the league sometimes it hits you I guess.

That’s exactly what they should be preparing for with Mims.  10-15 snaps or so a game with a very defined role built towards his strengths.  Deep balls and red zone targets.  See if he can build from there.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Could be great, also could thinking accumulating draft picks ala Chris Herndon… 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That’s exactly what they should be preparing for with Mims.  10-15 snaps or so a game with a very defined role built towards his strengths.  Deep balls and red zone targets.  See if he can build from there.

If he can line up onside and run the right routes, he should be able to be very effective.  The physical tools are all there.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

If he can line up onside and run the right routes, he should be able to be very effective.  The physical tools are all there.

If the reports from last year were true that they were trying to force him to learn all 3 WR spots in a new offense after missing much of the offseason, then I think the coaching staff f'd up a bit. New offense/terminology/concepts etc. They should have seen that he wasn't getting it and his head was swimming and scaled things back. Should have given him a more defined role from 1 (or maybe 2) spot with a limited package utilizing his strengths and the things he had a grasp of. Coach to (and know) what your players strengths (and weaknesses) are and know when not to force feed.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh tells JD "let's go get JJ" and they do.

If you don't think coaches influence draft classes maybe listen to this and reevaluate.

Rex Ryan’s influence over personnel moves dismantled the team that went to two straight AFC Championship games.  I understand an accomplished coach wanting to “shop for the groceries”, but what if they suck at it?

That’s why we’re very lucky that JD and Saleh seem to share a unified vision for how to build a team… and there’s hope that their vision can be a successful one.