With all the new additions on the D line, good players will be cut. There are now 17 D linemen on the Jets roster.

5 hours ago, jamesr said:

Keep Marshall, Huff maybe. Don't see the appeal in Shepherd, he is what he is at this stage.

Are any of them eligible for the practice squad?

Shepherd plays with ten tines the effort and made more plays than the

Goldbricking All Pro the last quarter of last season

1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

Shepherd plays with ten tines the effort and made more plays than the

Goldbricking All Pro the last quarter of last season

Any yards saved through Shepherd’s efforts were given back by stupid penalties (7 of them).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Was just going to post this. Martin just got a $3.5MM signing bonus, and carries a base salary of just $1MM additional (all of which seems guaranteed, and maybe $1MM of his 2023 salary, too).

For Martin to get cut before the season, he'd have to develop a sudden inability to walk/run and breathe at the same time.

Yes, I realized that I made a mistake here with Martin.  I wasn't considering the money that he is guaranteed, which is $6M.

Still, he is just another edge rusher, and the Jets have 5 edge rushers now, if I'm counting correctly.  The 2 new from the draft, Huff, Martin and Lawson.  

I suppose you can never have too many edge rushers. I guess we will see how it all shakes out. 

• Upvote 1

Jacob Martin is a keeper.  He's the sleeper of this pass rush.  He's very explosive off the LOS...26th fastest among 125 pass rushers.  He's in his prime at 26 y.o.   Martin is going to feast as a situational pass rusher in Saleh's D. 

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2022/04/06/new-york-jets-flight-brief-4-4/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-york-jets-flight-brief-4-4

"Last season, Martin earned a 69.9 pass rush grade, and a 67.3 overall grade. He recorded 32 QB hurries throughout last season."