Jermaine Johnson VS. Ikem Ekwonu

I came across this video last night.  JJ holds his own and is considered the "winner" in most of this match up.  Ekwonu is going to be a problem though.  That boy Good!! 

JJ is going to be a BEAST. I love the fact that he never gives up on a play.  The last play shown, he puts a spin move on Ekwonu that is epic.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I came across this video last night.  JJ holds his own and is considered the "winner" in most of this match up.  Ekwonu is going to be a problem though.  That boy Good!! 

JJ is going to be a BEAST. I love the fact that he never gives up on a play.  The last play shown, he puts a spin move on Ekwonu that is epic.  

I watched the Clemson game.  Zach Tom kept JJ quiet from the left side the entire game.  He also didn't fare so well vs UNC.  He's a prototypic high floor and mid-range ceiling DE

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I watched the Clemson game.  Zach Tom kept JJ quiet from the left side the entire game.  He also didn't fare so well vs UNC.  He's a prototypic high floor and mid-range ceiling DE

I can buy this, but he is also supposed to be a "complete DE" that won't be a liability against the run.  That is something you cant always say about these sack guys..

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Interesting I havent watched the tape . But stats suggest he had solid days in those games. Icky did a good job vs him

9B069D13-EA91-43D5-9CB5-3358ED27EFF5.png

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is a bunch of bull. Apparently you missed him blowing past Clemson's RT for the strip of Clemson's QB and subsequent scoop & score TD. He literally almost won the game single handedly for FSU that day.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Thanks for sharing.  The commentator mixes up the player names on more than one occasion, but overall a decent breakdown. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Been watching him more now that he's on the Jets. He was beastly at the senior bowl.

I agree with you though - high floor, mid range player. Seems like the kind of player that will feast on poor tackle play but can be blanket by the elite guys. If he reaches Carl Lawson level, I'd be happy with that. We got him in at 26.

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Been watching him more now that he's on the Jets. He was beastly at the senior bowl.

I agree with you though - high floor, mid range player. Seems like the kind of player that will feast on poor tackle play but can be blanket by the elite guys. If he reaches Carl Lawson level, I'd be happy with that. We got him in at 26.

Man - Lawson has averaged 5 sacks a year. If he turns out to be Carl Lawson I'll be disappointed for sure.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Man - Lawson has averaged 5 sacks a year. If he turns out to be Carl Lawson I'll be disappointed for sure.

I probably view Lawson better than you view him and you view Johnson better than I view. No biggie. I think he’ll be a solid starter. Didnt think comparing him to Lawson would be a Debbie Downer. Notes taking.