What Jets position group is MOST improved

Just now, The Buffalo Jet Fan said:

Which revamped position group are you most excited about for the '22 Jets?  I'm leaning towards the CB room!

I agree with most improved being CB but I think we legitimately have a shot of having the best 1-2 RB tandem in the NFL within the next year or 2 if our line holds up. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Tight end by a long shot. 

This…TE is set up beautifully.

Two solid vets and a youngin’ to figure out the position and take over in a couple of years.

Rookie TEs have a STEEP learning curve.

• Upvote 1

Tight End, by a long long ways.

We went from nothing to having three good ones.

This will open up all sorts of things on the offense.

Legit TE pass catchers, double TE packages, extra blocking in both run and pass game.

Just a total transformation.

• Upvote 1

Man we had so many injuries last year. The improvement at WR on paper is Crowder to Garrett Wilson. But if guys can just stay healthy, the improvement is immeasurable.

From a talent perspective, disregarding injury, I think it’s corner or TE.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Man we had so many injuries last year. The improvement at WR on paper is Crowder to Garrett Wilson. But if guys can just stay healthy, the improvement is immeasurable.

From a talent perspective, disregarding injury, I think it’s corner or TE.

I get that it's excuse making, but the injuries were absurd last year and I really think ruined any chance of us having a decent season. 

Wilson wasn't ready for primetime early in the season, so I don't think we were ever getting to 0.500, but I definitely think we left 2-4 wins on the table with some of our best players missing major time. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This boy been in the weight room this offseason.

FR2rg_PXsAIJW02.jpg

Daaammmnnn…

Z-Dub got some quad and calves action happenin’ there….

When was that photo taken? Is it a recent voluntary workout?

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Tight end by a long shot. 

Yeah at least Hall and Carter are talented players at CB.

The Jets had TE’s playing regularly who really don’t belong on an NFL roster.

I think the CB’s we have are or at least should be better than the TE group but there’s no comparison when it comes to improvement.

44 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm going to say Edge Rusher with Lawson, Curry, and Huff healthy, Martin signed as a FA, and Johnson and Clemons drafted.  That just might be right there near the top of the league as a rotational group

Yeah, they’re getting overlooked in this thread. Jets have a lot of juice getting after the passer. That and the new #1 & 2 CBs is why they’re not terribly concerned about the LBs and safeties. 

I look at several positions that have been seriously upgraded...that I'm excited about. 

CB: With the signing of DJ Reed.  Then you get a #1 corner in Sauce.  Jets can now cover outside and allow the pass rush to be more effective in pressuring the QB.

TE: Jets sign Uzomah and Conklin.  Then draft a quality 2-way TE in Ruckert.  He could be the featured starter in 2023.  Jets can be in 12 man formations continuously...if LaFleur so desires...due to having three quality TEs that can both block and catch.

OL:  Jets sign Pro Bowl RG Laken Tomlinson.  And the return of Becton...is like adding a quality Tackle in 2022.  Then Jets drafted a solid swing tackle in Max Mitchell...who can be a starter in a year or two.  Jets now have the hogs and depth...to implement a dominant running game...to ram down opponents throats.

Edge:  Jets signed Jacob Martin...with his explosiveness off the LOS.  Jets get back Bryce Huff...who showed promise.  Jets resign Vinny Curry...a capable veteran who knows this system.  Then draft Jermaine Johnson...a top 2-4 rated Edge in the draft.  Add Carl Lawson...who never played last year.  If Lawson is just 80% himself...that will make him still dangerous coming off the edge.  These additions should allow JFM and Q to be a dynamic duo inside.   Pass rush could be real scary good this year.

WR: Garrett Wilson was consensus #1 wideout in the draft.  IMO he is the most versatile receiver on the team.  With 4.3 type speed and big play ability.  Add him to Moore...you have a dynamic duo.  GW addition also takes pressure off of Corey Davis to be that #1.  Davis will play much better because of this.

Last...and certainly not least exciting to me...

RB:  The presence of Breece Hall...puts the most pressure on opposing defenses.  This is due to him being the most dangerous weapon on offense.  With his power...athleticism and 4.39 speed...he can make explosive plays both with the run or pass.   Any time LaFleur can scheme Hall into space...it can result into a long gain TD play.  Hall's presence on the Jets will force opposing DCs to have to prepare special game plans to contain him. Opening up the offense to the rest of Jets weapons.  Especially with play action...wideouts like GW-Moore...will flourish making big plays downfield. 

Adding Hall with Carter...running behind Jets revamped OL...should result in it being a very strong one.  Taking pressure off of ZW.  And dictating how opposing defenses have to play...in order to try and contain the run attack.  Allowing ZW to execute play action way more effectively. 

Oh yea...I'm excited alright.  Cause this team has been transformed into a playoff potential team.  With the capability to ball out and compete with anybody.  At least on paper.  So I'm excited to see how it will unfold in real game situations.

Can't wait!  

• Post of the Week 1