Tannehill: It is not my job to mentor Malik Willis

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannehill is owed $38.6M this year and $36.6M in 2023.  I think he’ll be able to sleep just fine at night if people want to blame him for the struggles of a 3rd round pick.

That's his cap # not how much he's owed, but $10MM less than that is still significant. They're not paying him ~$30MM/year to be a mentor; he's paid to QB the team to wins, not coach someone else to QBing the team to wins.

He doesn't have to go out of his way to be a dick to the rookie - and this statement of his doesn't mean he will be - but he can put his efforts to mentoring the rookie if he goes on IR or gets demoted.

There's a difference between helping out any/all players as a team leader and mentoring a rookie like he's a babysitter or a life coach. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

No, you definitely don't follow me around. Nope. 

I quote like 5 posts of yours in 2 threads and you throw a hissy fit.  The ignore feature is there for a reason my man.  I suggest you use it if it bothers you this much.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I quote like 5 posts of yours in 2 threads and you throw a hissy fit.  The ignore feature is there for a reason my man.  I suggest you use it if it bothers you this much.

Your lack of self awareness is showing. But while you're here, I need to switch over my license and need new wipers, if you would be so kind. Kid needs a ride around 3-ish, too. You can bunk with the cat.

A few thoughts on this during slow season:

-I admire the honesty.  Lets bring a hot 25 year old into our house and ask our wives to mentor her in all the things we like.  See how that goes.

-It would have taken little to sound a bit more gracious:  "it's my job to make sure he never sees the field.  Having said that I will always help my teammates any way I can" would be simple enough.

-Of all the wives and GFs of athletes I have seen his is still the hottest ever.  That and $38 million per year should fund a little "pinch me i'm so blessed" graciousness.

-His interception at the end of the Bengal game was the second worst I've seen besides Favre's pick in the NFC championship game when he already had minny within field goal range and could have run it even closer instead of making that throw.    

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

A few thoughts on this during slow season:

-I admire the honesty.  Lets bring a hot 25 year old into our house and ask our wives to mentor her in all the things we like.  See how that goes.

-It would have taken little to sound a bit more gracious:  "it's my job to make sure he never sees the field.  Having said that I will always help my teammates any way I can" would be simple enough.

-Of all the wives and GFs of athletes I have seen his is still the hottest ever.  That and $38 million per year should fund a little "pinch me i'm so blessed" graciousness.

-His interception at the end of the Bengal game was the second worst I've seen besides Favre's pick in the NFC championship game when he already had minny within field goal range and could have run it even closer instead of making that throw.    

I think you're giving too much credit to Kyler Murray for his pick 6 against the Rams in the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, Jet9 said:

You mean the mental midget that had to see a therapist and 'was in a dark place' over a football game and now doesn't want to help out his teammates and coworkers? Yeah not so sure about that one there, guy. He's a certified jackass. Also, you've been following me around like a meth head casing a plumbing truck. Do me a favor and get off my dick. K? K. Thanks. 

Did Montana mentor Steve Young?

Did Favre mentor Rodgers?
Has Rodgers mentored Love?

Did Brady Mentor anyone in New England?

Big Ben after the Steelers drafted Rudolph: He would follow this remark by saying that he’s not interested in mentoring Rudolph. “I don’t think I’ll have to since he said he doesn’t need me. If he asks me a question, I might just have to point to the playbook,” said Roethlisberger with frustration in his voice.

Go ask Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murry if they would want their teams to draft a QB for them to mentor. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

That depends on how talented you are and the field you chose doesn’t it?

Regardless, you don’t get to decide when he or anyone else decides to say “I’ve made enough money”.

Maybe I’m wrong though, do you get upset that people like Elon Musk or Warren Buffet continue what they’re doing, instead of training a 21 yo to do their jobs?

Does Elon musk have a boss ? Is he in a union?

I have no idea what your point is 

my point is 99.999% of us can’t relate because we don’t make 100 million dollars while at the same time on an employment contract and in a union 

tannahill has a boss. The boss wants him to perform a task whether he’s butt hurt or not. 

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Did Montana mentor Steve Young?

Did Favre mentor Rodgers?
Has Rodgers mentored Love?

Did Brady Mentor anyone in New England?

Big Ben after the Steelers drafted Rudolph: He would follow this remark by saying that he’s not interested in mentoring Rudolph. “I don’t think I’ll have to since he said he doesn’t need me. If he asks me a question, I might just have to point to the playbook,” said Roethlisberger with frustration in his voice.

Go ask Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murry if they would want their teams to draft a QB for them to mentor. 

I agree that it's not thier 'job'. But for a dude who apparently went to a therapist he learned **** all about being a decent guy. I won't argue your point that most of the guys you mentioned are notorious assholes. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Does Elon musk have a boss ? I’d he in a union?

I have no idea what your point is 

my point is 99.999% of us can’t relate because we don’t make 100 million dollars while at the same time on an employment contract and in a union 

tannahill has a boss. The boss wants him to perform a task whether he’s butt hurt or not. 

You brought up generational wealth, when you asked how much is enough for Tannehill, not me. That’s why I brought up who I did.

If you’re under some romantic notion that these vets are going to go out of their way to mentor a kid who wants his job (and$$$)I don’t know what to tell you.

Tannehill is paid to play QB the coaches are paid to develop and coach players. Maybe you can’t relate to him not wanting to do all 3, but I’m pretty sure a lot more than 1% can.

5 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Wish he would have said something like, "When I'm here, I'm preparing to try and win a championship.  How much of that time are you hoping I'd sacrifice on that task, to mentor Malik Willis for the future?  Crickets?  Okay.  We have great coaches here who will do that.  I'm going to go back to trying to win a Super Bowl for the Titans and their fans."

He can be correct and still without tact. I’m not debating the latter.

He could have given the standard answer and then go ball out and make it very difficult for them to replace him.  Now by being "honest" he has put all the pressure on himself and he goes through a few bad games he might find his ass on the bench sooner than later. 

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When I see posts that are silly or wrong I'm gonna respond on occasion.  I don't give 2 f**ks about you specifically any more or less than any other average JN poster.  Deal with it, ya mental midget.  

I take offense to this post, I though as a JN poster we were friends lol...

The most successful QB's tend to be a$$holes, yes.  The Jets draft "nice kids" who suck at the position, while Jets fans make a bunch of excuses for why they failed.
... thankfully the new Sheriff has drafted 'the one' and we will all bask in the light he shines this year.

Future is bright ... prepare for the new Zach Attack ... with help from his posse ... Wilson, Moore, Davis, Berrios ... and dare i say it ... Mims.

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I take offense to this post, I though as a JN poster we were friends lol...

You're not in the "average JN poster" group I was talking about!  There's a lot of "run of the mill" posters who are no different to me than anyone else, and Jet9 is in that category.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're not in the "average JN poster" group I was talking about!  There's a lot of "run of the mill" posters who are no different to me than anyone else, and Jet9 is in that category.  

I'm touched lol...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait, you and @Jet9 are two different people? 

• Haha 2