Daniel Jeremiah- “Mims, I have been told, is off the charts in the offseason stuff."

Some good reports could help JD in a trade for picks if he goes that route….or if he does well , it would be a fearsome receiver corps….it also makes the 2020 draft more legit, assuming a healthy Becton

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I forget who/where it was posted but there were a few pics of Mims working out that went public a few weeks ago and the dude went from being a bean pole to being a jacked WR.  He's undoubtedly putting the work in, but now he's gotta' do something on the football field.

• Upvote 3

My hope is that Mims signs himself up for special teams. And he has time to grow as a receiver. What a difference a year makes, he would be the 5th wide out this year. That is a crazy thought.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mimsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

If Mims becomes what he was drafted to be.  My goodness.  This offense could be truly unstoppable.

I lost all hope for mimsy after last year, but from multiple sources, he has transformed his body and is putting everythinig he has into becoming the best receiver he can be this offseason.

Here is the link to listen to jeremiah:

I was so excited when JD stopped teasing me...and finally drafted Mims in that 2nd round of 2020.  I was really pumped...believing Jets just drafted a #1 wideout for the NYJ.

This past year I just couldn't believe what I was seeing from Mims.  Balls bouncing of his chest instead of catching it with his hands out and extended.  Meandering (look it up?) around on that football field like he was a lost soul...wandering around in a maze.  Going in and out of bounds running a route.  Silly penalties.  It was like Mims lost his mind.

I would truly want to believe he's going to look...and perform...like his impressive college tape indicated he could. 

I'm excited...and a bit giddy...after this bounty of four...1st round talents drafted.  Then a hometown fan of the Jets...becomes a player for the Jets...Ruckert...now instantly a favorite of Jets fans.  Then you top it off with two mean nasty prospects for the trenches...Mitchell-Clemens...that should be solid depth pieces with potential as future starters.

So...yea...I'm feeling real magnanimous (look it up?) that I'm gonna actually hold out hope for Mims escaping the insane asylum he was imprisoned in this past year...and be behind his recovery...of coming back to being a productive receiver again.  

I know that's foolish of me...but that's what fans do.  Act like fools...

image.png.490eb3e3b88bd99bfbbbf3b5cbbf24c6.png

• Upvote 4

Has there even been a contact practice yet? What is this off-season stuff?

I'm glad to hear he's putting the effort. What an asset it would be for this guy to suddenly start producing but let's wait until he's running routes against an NFL player first. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

I was so excited when JD stopped teasing me...and finally drafted Mims in that 2nd round of 2020.  I was really pumped...believing Jets just drafted a #1 wideout for the NYJ.

This past year I just couldn't believe what I was seeing from Mims.  Balls bouncing of his chest instead of catching it with his hands out and extended.  Meandering (look it up?) around on that football field like he was a lost soul...wandering around in a maze.  Going in and out of bounds running a route.  Silly penalties.  It was like Mims lost his mind.

I would truly want to believe he's going to look...and perform...like his impressive college tape indicated he could. 

I'm excited...and a bit giddy...after this bounty of four...1st round talents drafted.  Then a hometown fan of the Jets...becomes a player for the Jets...Ruckert...now instantly a favorite of Jets fans.  Then you top it off with two mean nasty prospects for the trenches...Mitchell-Clemens...that should be solid depth pieces with potential as future starters.

So...yea...I'm feeling real magnanimous (look it up?) that I'm gonna actually hold out hope for Mims escaping the insane asylum he was imprisoned in this past year...and be behind his recovery...of coming back to being a productive receiver again.  

I know that's foolish of me...but that's what fans do.  Act like fools...

image.png.490eb3e3b88bd99bfbbbf3b5cbbf24c6.png

Look what up? Are you speaking Bengali?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

I forget who/where it was posted but there were a few pics of Mims working out that went public a few weeks ago and the dude went from being a bean pole to being a jacked WR.  He's undoubtedly putting the work in, but now he's gotta' do something on the football field.

He was running full speed again.  Everything last year looked like he was jogging. Guess like his trainer said he was bad shape from that food poisoning . Cause they had to rebuild his body and get his weight back up . Seems to be paying off . Cant wait too see him on the field 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Would be nice for Mims to contribute and Becton to stay healthy, if nothing else but to lessen the slandering of our own players around here.  I mean what GM would want to trade for either of these two when they come on to JetNation all they see is "lazy, fat Becton & useless, salmon, Mims"?

so you think gms are making trade decisions based on what fans say on a forum??

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jerrmiah’s exact quote: “Dude, Mims has a great personality. I’m telling you. You should totally give him a chance, man. What do you have to lose? One date. Give it a shot.”

"Definitely worth trading for, 100%"

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

these guys are all used to having to be in peak physical condition - and they all know the price they pay when they fall out of shape - so mims is trying to rebuild his superb physical shape - the problem appears to be the mental challenge of the offensive system - lining up wrong on consecutive downs etc - and yes what he had to learn under gaase’s plan was a fraction of laflour’s and that may be the ultimate issue - can he not just learn but master the play book? bmi aside - does he have the brains to learn all the routes and how to play “like he’s in a phone booth” when running them - time will tell - and btw i love love loved mims his rookie year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1