Daniel Jeremiah- “Mims, I have been told, is off the charts in the offseason stuff."

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Mims has another year to show if he can actually be the replacement for Corey Davis at the X spot.

Boy would that be an unexpected boost to this team.

Especially since we would have less than $1 million in dead money left on Davis' contract in 2023  if he could replace him.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I remember a similar article that "the Jets are loving what they're seeing from Christian Hackenberg this offseason."

This was also the offseason where D. Watson and P. Mahomes were drafted and we took well ya know....

Never seen that article before i know todd bowles hated him.. 

58 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I remember a similar article that "the Jets are loving what they're seeing from Christian Hackenberg this offseason."

This was also the offseason where D. Watson and P. Mahomes were drafted and we took well ya know....

God was that an awful decision. It was arguably worse than passing on Marino for O’Brien

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Has there even been a contact practice yet? What is this off-season stuff?

I'm glad to hear he's putting the effort. What an asset it would be for this guy to suddenly start producing but let's wait until he's running routes against an NFL player first. 

Why? We never wait around here to declare a player a bust. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'd hate to be called an optimist, but Becton and Mims were both pretty good their rookie seasons. It's not incomprehensible that they just had sophomore slumps and they can still bounce back. 

^ Check out this JD hater. Are the tides shifting? 

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

What more could you ask for in Behcton and Mims after a dissapointing season because of injury and wierd circumstances? They both connected with the best outside/off season position coaches to improve, they look in shape, have said all the right things, and they both appear to be working above and beyond to get better. The harsh criticism of Mims and Behcton is counterproductive and a bit mean spirited.  . 

Now if only the fans could spell Becton correctly! 

But yeah, it bodes well on everybody if these two come around this year. For themselves first and foremost, but it also makes them look like good JD picks, and that Saleh and the staff used the right approach to get them motivated. You know, because the organization is being run competently for the first time in a very long time. It’s weird and difficult to get used to, I know. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'd hate to be called an optimist, but Becton and Mims were both pretty good their rookie seasons. It's not incomprehensible that they just had sophomore slumps and they can still bounce back. 

Mims must have forgotten to show up for his sophmore slump

27 minutes ago, maury77 said:

God was that an awful decision. It was arguably worse than passing on Marino for O’Brien

Probably not worse in the sense that the Marino / O'Brien thing was in the 1st Round and Marino became one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Hackenberg was clearly the far worse player than O'Brien lol.

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

Get back on board…. Come

on big guy

#unleashTheBeast. #FreeMims

DentalPessimisticFireant-max-1mb.gif.e6dc79ff507a27823c2270cc4b1d4982.gif

It was Free Denzel and I’m priding myself in ignoring the trappings of pre-season hype, the heartbreak of training camp and want to go into the regular season with the freshness of new born baby Becton.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

With Douglas and now Jeremiah reporting how Mims is killing the off-season it means one of two

things.  That it's actually true or they are trying to boost his trade value, I'm hoping its true because

a WR corps of Davis, Moore, Wilson, Berrios & Mims is scary

Throw in two actual NFL level tight ends, a rookie TE that’s ready to deliver  Long Island   street justice blocking for the best  running back from the Draft it could finally be Yahtzee. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

Last season was just a lost year, he missed to much reps and was unhealthy for the install of the offense. It’s more realistic to evaluate him this year. If he sucks again, move on.

Not a big deal, but our fans will no less harp on it for the next 4 months.

Could be more than coincidence; that his slighter frame - and not working on himself enough off the field - wasn't unrelated to his being both injured and not prepared to be on the field.

Maybe figuring as a high draft pick (on a team lacking WR1 level talent) the job would be just handed to him, plus that he wouldn't get hurt in the future because he didn't get hurt in the past. I doubt that's a conscious thought/plan he had, but it seems obvious he wasn't previously putting in the offseason work that he did this winter/spring, or no one would be wow'd by the shape he's in now. 

Young players working hard on improving themselves is always great to hear. We'll see/hear a lot more in 3 months when it's offense vs. defense in pads, as to whether this "news" manifests in similarly big changes on the field. I do think it will (if he doesn't get another unexpected injury), since it's not like he wasn't talented or skilled. I hope so, since they can't train their other fast WRs to grow to 6'3" tall with 34" arms, nor their taller TEs to run a 4.4 40 & 2.5 second 20.

If not? Well, the truth is the team's already made arrangements for football without Mims.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be more than coincidence; that his slighter frame - and not working on himself enough off the field - wasn't unrelated to his being both injured and not prepared to be on the field.

Maybe figuring as a high draft pick (on a team lacking WR1 level talent) the job would be just handed to him, plus that he wouldn't get hurt in the future because he didn't get hurt in the past. I doubt that's a conscious thought/plan he had, but it seems obvious he wasn't previously putting in the offseason work that he did this winter/spring, or no one would be wow'd by the shape he's in now. 

Young players working hard on improving themselves is always great to hear. We'll see/hear a lot more in 3 months when it's offense vs. defense in pads, as to whether this "news" manifests in similarly big changes on the field. I do think it will (if he doesn't get another unexpected injury), since it's not like he wasn't talented or skilled. I hope so, since they can't train their other fast WRs to grow to 6'3" tall with 34" arms, nor their taller TEs to run a 4.4 40 & 2.5 second 20.

If not? Well, the truth is the team's already made arrangements for football without Mims.

Definitely glad to hear he’s putting in the physical work. That can only be good. But his problems so far with this regime have seemed to be more mental. I’d like to hear that he dived as deeply into the playbook as he has the gym. This is a player I really wanted the Jets to draft. I’ll be psyched if he can turn it around. 

• Upvote 3