Daniel Jeremiah- “Mims, I have been told, is off the charts in the offseason stuff."

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I meant to comment on this earlier, but I wish to issue a mea culpa. I’ve come around to agreeing with you and (the very smug) @slats on this issue. I wanted Ekonwu because he seems to be a slam dunk pick who would directly help Zach Wilson and make ten Pro Bowls, but then again the difference between what Ekonwu would provide vs what a possible Becton plus Max Mitchell might provide isn’t all that great. While I do feel like CB is a bit overrated at this point, I get the appeal of Gardner and—presuming he hits—should likewise serve as a slam-dunk asset for a long time

If you just left it at agreeing with Sperm then forgetting me wouldn’t have hurt, but then you tagged slats.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, derp said:

If you just left it at agreeing with Sperm then forgetting me wouldn’t have hurt, but then you tagged slats.

You are farrrrrr less vindictive than the other two, so I took it for granted that you’d let it slide. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are farrrrrr less vindictive than the other two, so I took it for granted that you’d let it slide. 

Yet you’re all probably my favorite people on the board to banter with so I don’t know what that says about me.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The decade before the last didn’t suck

I’d love to see those teams again

Just because it sucked LESS doesn't mean it also didn't suck.  That illustrious decade of Jets football resulted in 0 Super Bowl titles, 0 Super Bowl appearances, 1 division title, and a 4-5 playoff record.  Plus 6 finishes in 3rd or 4th place.

It's like saying @T0mShane is less smug than @slats.  While true, it does not mean that Tom is not, in fact, very smug too.  

Your threshold for what you consider to be good football is ridiculously low.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

The only point I would counter with is Mims actually showed some flashes as a rookie in Gase's system with Darnold as the QB.  

His flashes only really occurred when Darnold was NOT under center.  Further demonstrating how bad Sam Darnold was.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because it sucked LESS doesn't mean it also didn't suck.  That illustrious decade of Jets football resulted in 0 Super Bowl titles, 0 Super Bowl appearances, 1 division title, and a 4-5 playoff record.  Plus 6 finishes in 3rd or 4th place.

It's like saying @T0mShane is less smug than @slats.  While true, it does not mean that Tom is not, in fact, very smug too.  

There’s no way I’m more smug than @T0mShane, I’m just right more often so it seems that way. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We went to the playoffs something 7 of the 10 years, went to the conference championship twice.  We didnt win the SB and wasnt great but that didnt suck.  Especially given the following decade of ineptitude 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

9 pages?  Anything new here about Mims or just continuing the same 6-month old arguments?

Sad George Costanza GIF

Nothing new.  Hes still tall and is still fast.  

Probably still sucks at football though but who knows

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We went to the playoffs something 7 of the 10 years

No we did not.  We went 5 times.  If you want to count 2010 as part of that “decade”, then we went 6 out of 11 years.  

1 home playoff game in a decade is still a sh*tty decade.  Just a lot less sh*tty than the following one.  Hooray?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No we did not.  We went 5 times.  If you want to count 2010 as part of that “decade”, then we went 6 out of 11 years.  

1 home playoff game in a decade is still a sh*tty decade.  Just a lot less sh*tty than the following one.  Hooray?

6 out of 10, not 7?  Ouch.  But doesn’t suck.  Especially with two AFCCG’s included.  That’s better than most teams not named Cheats and way better than the last decade.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

? 

This is kind of like the Mangini era, which probably saw some of the best drafting the Jets have seen in a while, only instead of drafting mostly 20th and 30th percentile athletes with good football character they’re drafting mostly 80th and 90th percentile athletes with good football character.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1