"I am extremely excited to be with the Lions"- J. Williams

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

First off, JD is not out of the woods. His career is linked to Zach. If Zach stinks it up again this season, JD is done here. Wilson was the worst QB in the NFL last season so he has a lot to prove. 

Secondly, 80%is out of line. I think you are confusing  fire him with I am unimpressed to this point. How the Jets do this season will go a long way in determining his future here. The pantry is stocked with his guys so it's  time to put up. 

Wrong, he’s not getting fired because of Wilson.  He’s one of his picks that get evaluated and QBs not only need time to develop but a large majority fail.  

• Upvote 1

Michigan weather is nasty and the Lions have been a very bad franchise for many years. 
Coming from Alabama, it is a rude awakening. 

Obviously you know nothing about Detroit winters. It might snow 3 times. One of them might be 6 inches.

I lived briefly in Huntsville, Alabama when more than 12 inches fell. Been here in the Detroit area for 20 years now and it has never snowed that much.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

43 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, he didn't have to go to the draft.

And, every player drafted then takes photos with their new team and jersey.

I suspect he went to the draft for him and his family - to celebrate an incredible accomplishment in his life.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Wrong, he’s not getting fired because of Wilson.  He’s one of his picks that get evaluated and QBs not only need time to develop but a large majority fail.  

You are totally wrong on this. Wilson is the most important player he picked, not just another player. Actually anyone else or even the majority  of his players can fail but if Wilson is legit, that gives JD time to get the rest right, but if the QB is bad and you spent a high drat pick on him to boot with other QB's available who were also highly regarded,  that is not something he can survive. Personally I am hoping the light went on and he plays better but he was really bad last seaon so who knows

I do not agree with the contention that JD's tenure with the Jets relies solely on Zach Wilson.  In fact, everything about Woody and his history in dealing with GMs and coaches indicates the contrary. 1st, there is zero support or any other evidentiary reason to think that his job with the Jets is based entirely on the success or lack thereof of Zach Wilson.  Where in the world did that come from anyway other than some anxiety riddled fans' personal opinions?  2nd, Woody and the Jets simply have never fired a GM or coach on the basis of a single failure, be it 1st round QB, 2d round Qb or any other individual player drafted.  In fact, the opposite has been true ever since Woody acquired ownership.  Woody and the Jets have been abundantly patient with bad GMs and bad HCs.  There is absolutely nothing out there to indicate any change at all.  

Just because one wants that to be true, doesn't make it true.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are totally wrong on this. Wilson is the most important player he picked, not just another player. Actually anyone else or even the majority  of his players can fail but if Wilson is legit, that gives JD time to get the rest right, but if the QB is bad and you spent a high drat pick on him to boot with other QB's available who were also highly regarded,  that is not something he can survive. Personally I am hoping the light went on and he plays better but he was really bad last seaon so who knows

GMs don’t necessarily get fired because their QB fails.  There are plenty of examples of the GM getting a pass.  Especially if the rest of his picks are good.  And rarely after two seasons with that QB in the roster

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Detroit is turning things around very much like we are.  He will settle in once he spends time their and sees how things are changing.

Thank you Brad Holmes!  Thank you!!

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/4/22/23037012/4-takeaways-detroit-lions-gm-brad-holmes-2022-nfl-draft-press-conference

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So you would stick with a GM that in 3 years has won maybe 12 games? 

It’s not black and white. If the Jets go 6-11 and are in a ton of one score games, with both the offense and defense playing much better, then yes, keep Douglas. If they’re 6-11 and are getting embarrassed in most of their losses then maybe I’ll support firing Douglas. 

The current over/under for Jets wins in Vegas is 5.5, for reference. 

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's a pretty horrible take. If every other Jets draft picks looks great, but Wilson is a bust, you think the GM gets fired so we can bring in the next Macc or Idzik who will also bomb on QB but also bomb on every other decision a GM needs to make?

Chris Ballard  has bombed on his QB signings for years and he doesn't get fired because his other moves have been good. You don't just fire GM after a miss at QB. 

Sorry, we disagree.  And the only player I would say who was a solid draft pick was AVT.  Everyone else is either not good or injured. That  of course can change but up until now, that is reality 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

GMs don’t necessarily get fired because their QB fails.  There are plenty of examples of the GM getting a pass.  Especially if the rest of his picks are good.  And rarely after two seasons with that QB in the roster

OK, seriously, are the rest of his picks good. The only one that looks solid to me is AVT. 

On 5/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, we disagree.  And the only player I would say who was a solid draft pick was AVT.  Everyone else is either not good or injured. That  of course can change but up until now, that is reality 

Well there’s the problem, you can’t recognize talent if you think AVT is JDs only pick worth a damn.   That's a ridiculous take on the JDs picks 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s not black and white. If the Jets go 6-11 and are in a ton of one score games, with both the offense and defense playing much better, then yes, keep Douglas. If they’re 6-11 and are getting embarrassed in most of their losses then maybe I’ll support firing Douglas. 

The current over/under for Jets wins in Vegas is 5.5, for reference. 

You see, this is what is wrong with this fan base. Losing is acceptable if we look good losing. To me it just means we went from being a dumpster fire to a bad team. 

7 minutes ago, mattg said:

Ungrateful jerkoff. Alot of these kids lack the proper manners and decorum needed when exposed to the cameras and spotlight 

I should know better than to even respond to this but I can't help it.

Hopefully your time posting on here has come to a quick end.

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Maybe this will help...

That's not a mustache, it's actually his finger.

Wasn't referring to that one, but while we're on it, it made me think he's going to be doing a lot of cocaine to cope with being in Detroit, lol.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You see, this is what is wrong with this fan base. Losing is acceptable if we look good losing. To me it just means we went from being a dumpster fire to a bad team. 

The concept of losing being "acceptable" and firing the GM over what would be a failed rd 1 QB pick in his 2nd season are not the same thing.  Losing is not acceptable, but the consequences of its unacceptability do not point to a premature firing of the current GM and/or HC. You also said it is certain.  Woody's history of patience points directly the other way. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well there’s the problem, you can’t recognize talent if you think AVT idea his only pick worth a damn.  

That isn't  what I said, he is the only one I can say has shown to be reliable and an NFL talent. Carter amd Moore are both small players and both showed talent and that they couldn't  endure an entire season of pounding.  As far as DB's, I don't  recall anyone shutting anyone down. There's were some bright spots but I also remember  Diggs embarrassing  them the entire game. It didn't  even look fair. I do hope Sauce is the real deal though. I love tall DB's. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The concept of losing being "acceptable" and firing the GM over what would be a failed rd 1 QB pick in his 2nd season are not the same thing.  Losing is not acceptable, but the consequences of its unacceptability do not point to a premature firing of the current GM and/or HC. You also said it is certain.  Woody's history of patience points directly the other way. 

Yeah,  Woody has never been influnced by outside factors either. What do you think the media will be writing about him.

To be honest, I am hopeful with who we have now. I think Sauce is going to be the shut down DB we have been missing, I'm not sure about Wilson being a #1 WR but he should be a solid pick, I really don't  know what to think about JJ. I know some mocks had him pretty high and he might have been high on the Jets draft board but he slid without having any bad news on him. I am happy we got an edge, I just hope he can do the job. Lastly Hall I am excited about. He is a guy I wanted the Jets to pick. To me he looks like another Kareem Hunt. So to be honest I am glass half full but we will see how everyone plays soon enough

45 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think JD has shown enough competence to stick as GM even if Zach Wilson is a bust. 

I completely agree with this. 

I would think if Zach isn't any good and he has to move on.  He would have to bring in a vet for a year or two while grooming a draft pick.  I don't think he gets the chance to start a rookie again though.

He's been a professional and competent - following a logical strategy.   I feel like picks can be hit or miss - but follow a smart plan and you'll be in the mix.

After all of the complete and total lack of competence in the role - the Jets would be insane to fire him because he missed on Zach.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Here's him celebrating with Lions fans:

image.thumb.png.0d9cf31c353f29d0d795473e5f2a8436.png

Here's him smiling with Goodell:

image.thumb.png.8d3d2472f89c78dc3114b67ae9db5d15.png

Here's him smiling by himself:

image.thumb.png.d12827ac072432e91fbc44b3b944d07f.png

Some of you are weird.

That is a 'I am going to sh*t on my pants' grin.Screenshot_20220504-123118_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3d25014b612bb323a8d504b9cce1784.jpg

• Haha 1