Cowboys draft board- Jets and giants drafted 4 of the top 5

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It seems like every year or two we get some kind of sneak peek into the Cowboys draftboard.  Too funny.  Can you imagine the reactions here if we had a glimpse of Macc's or Rex/Idzik's draft boards?  

Whoo boy that would've been something.   I know I would've been part of the brigade that was calling them out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It seems like every year or two we get some kind of sneak peek into the Cowboys draftboard.  Too funny.  Can you imagine the reactions here if we had a glimpse of Macc's or Rex/Idzik's draft boards?  

I’m pretty sure they didn’t have draft boards based on the results ? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I seriously think I recall seeing a team's draft board in the background of a war room shot during the actual draft (Day 2 or 3 but still).  

Also...something's wrong with that list.  Where was Cole Strange? :D

Found this - Ravens during the draft.  Not sure if this is what I remember but it seems like someone with the right equipment could zoom this in from the original broadcast.

image.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

#1 - Josh Rosen

#2 - Sam Darnold

#3 - Mark Walton

#4-10 - Punters

Can't say it often enough...best draft I can ever remember.   The first four picks all legit 1st round impact players.  With three of them a Consensus best at their positions.  The fourth one a top 2-4 Edge player.  And the fifth... Ruckert...well...Chris Simms has him #1 TE.  Many have him top 5.

Mitchell-Clemens...solid depth pieces for the trenches.  One or both could end up a year or two down the road as starters.

I'm so giddy man.

JD-Jets...won this draft...knocking it out of the park...

image.thumb.png.44ea11a4cbf42af1645174d5740c66f0.png

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That just bought the new GM street cred among the Mara's. Two teams that hate each other.

I hate them, but give them credit.

Great trade down the year before, very nice 1st 2 picks this year.   Happily, they drafted K Toney last year.

9 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Cowboys had JJ at 28 ... we got him @ 26... Hopefully he lives up to the top 10 rating that he received from most pundits.

Wishing him & ALL The JETS Players ONLY THE BEST.

Meh, I think that JJ was probably late first by a lot of teams and maybe even us. Yeah I know we said he was Top 8 but GMs say things like that about everyone they draft. If he is a fourth rounder then they had him as a second, fifth round? third. Bottom half of first? Top 8. The good one from the Jets perspective is really Breece Hallon that list,

59 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Cowboys had JJ at 28 ... we got him @ 26... Hopefully he lives up to the top 10 rating that he received from most pundits.

Wishing him & ALL The JETS Players ONLY THE BEST.

They also had Lewis Cine at #13.  I don't recall too many analysts having him in the Top 20.

This just goes to show how different teams slice and dice things differently.

Amazing how the consensus never formed this year. 

I would have thought it would be more the case in the past few years without/or very different combines and visits or where players had taken seasons off due to COVID. But the past couple of drafts were way more predictable than this year - maybe it's just a function of there being fewer QBs worth taking early.