Is this the beginning of the end of "Same Old Jets"?

no.  they had a good run under michaels where they made some reallt good draft picks and had good players.  even the walton teams were strong.  and to get rid of same old jets means burying their history, both good and bad.  besides, this group hasn't played a game yet.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Tannenbaum was an awful GM.  Once he ran out of money, he had no clue how to build a roster.

There is no smoke and mirrors here w/ Joe Douglas.  He is building this for long term sustained success.  We are becoming the Baltimore ravens/pittsburgh steelers right before your eyes.

The Jets will have 10-15 of dominance and win multiple Super Bowls.  And no, I am not saying this post 2022 draft.  I have been saying this for a year now.

If you look at how Joe Douglas is operating its genius.  Hes a GMing savant.

Definitely changed the culture within 3 years. Hopefully we will see the results starting with this season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oh lord....that preseason we went 5-0 and I think then went on to win only 4 games the entire regular season.

Good times...

Browning Nagle.  The man, the myth, the legend.  

As trite as it may sound, until they prove otherwise, they're still the Jets.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Most of you young folks can't imagine how many times I've heard this over the decades.   A decent draft.  Super Bowl.  An undefeated pre-season?  Super Bowl.  We win two in a row in the regular season?  Super Bowl.

Please, do yourself a favor and just wait until we actually play some games before making any determination of this team's success.  Right now, it's nothing but speculation, hope and potential.   The last two which usually crash and burn with the team's ineptitude.

You do not have to wait if you pull back the curtain and see what is behind.

All these hopes and dreams you had in the past were smoke and mirrors.

Ill start from 1998:

Parcells - would have won a super bowl with us but he quit

Herm/Bradway - if you were fooled by these 2, shame on you.  Edwards was a good rah rah guy but a pretty bad head coach on Sunday and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to conservative.  Bradway as a gm was average at best.

Mangini/Tannenbaum - Mangini was just mimicking Bellichek and after 1 year of success, he went down the tubes pretty quick,  I cant imagine you were fooled here.

Rex/Tannenbaum - Rex's rah rah attitude plus tannebaum spending like a drunken sailor always had a quick expiration date.  I cant imagine when Rex was at the podium in a wig dressed as his brother you said to yourself, "Heres a guy that is going to be here for 15 years and win multiple super bowls."

Bowles/McCagnan - After a year of fitzmagic, this hit the fan real fast.  I cant imagine anyone was fooled here.  Terrible coach and worse gm.

Adam Gase - if anyone thought this clown was the answer.........................my goodness.

So as you can see, if you believed in real success and super bowls, you really have no one to blame but yourself.  The front office structure and coach was never in place for sustained success.

We now have the best young gm/head coach tandem in the league.  We have more young talent on our roster then any team in the league.  We have zero cap issues that will get us in trouble down the road.  We have an owner who will do whatever said gm/coach ask of him.  Money is no obstacle.

If you guys can see how this is different from the regimes over the last 25 years then I do not know what to tell you.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Definitely changed the culture within 3 years. Hopefully we will see the results starting with this season.

The cupboards aren't bare anymore, the success of this team now falls squarely of Robert and his staff. They have to develop these players and more importantly Zach Wilson. The success of this franchise depends on it.

Well.  It was the end of the same old Jets when Parcells ran the show.  It was also the end of the same old Jets for the first years of the Rex Jets.  Going back a bit further, even the Walt Michaels Jets were a nice departure from failure for a while.  

They just have not been able to sustain regular functionality due to bad decisions at the VERY top.

If Woody stays out of JD's way and JD knows what he is doing, it will indeed be the end of the same old Jets.  Again.  For how long is for how long Woody stays out of the kitchen. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Most of you young folks can't imagine how many times I've heard this over the decades.   A decent draft.  Super Bowl.  An undefeated pre-season?  Super Bowl.  We win two in a row in the regular season?  Super Bowl.

Please, do yourself a favor and just wait until we actually play some games before making any determination of this team's success.  Right now, it's nothing but speculation, hope and potential.   The last two which usually crash and burn with the team's ineptitude.

As a fellow Boomer, I hear you loud and clear.

Rexx buried a football to get rid of a bad taste. I am guessing it is going to take more than that for a burial of same old jets.

Ideas anyone?

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You do not have to wait if you pull back the curtain and see what is behind.

All these hopes and dreams you had in the past were smoke and mirrors.

Ill start from 1998:

Parcells - would have won a super bowl with us but he quit

Herm/Bradway - if you were fooled by these 2, shame on you.  Edwards was a good rah rah guy but a pretty bad head coach on Sunday and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to conservative.  Bradway as a gm was average at best.

Mangini/Tannenbaum - Mangini was just mimicking Bellichek and after 1 year of success, he went down the tubes pretty quick,  I cant imagine you were fooled here.

Rex/Tannenbaum - Rex's rah rah attitude plus tannebaum spending like a drunken sailor always had a quick expiration date.  I cant imagine when Rex was at the podium in a wig dressed as his brother you said to yourself, "Heres a guy that is going to be here for 15 years and win multiple super bowls."

Bowles/McCagnan - After a year of fitzmagic, this hit the fan real fast.  I cant imagine anyone was fooled here.  Terrible coach and worse gm.

Adam Gase - if anyone thought this clown was the answer.........................my goodness.

So as you can see, if you believed in real success and super bowls, you really have no one to blame but yourself.  The front office structure and coach was never in place for sustained success.

We now have the best young gm/head coach tandem in the league.  We have more young talent on our roster then any team in the league.  We have zero cap issues that will get us in trouble down the road.  We have an owner who will do whatever said gm/coach ask of him.  Money is no obstacle.

If you guys can see how this is different from the regimes over the last 25 years then I do not know what to tell you.

54de186b-e2d9-4b82-b603-1e97379e66f2_tex

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Rexx buried a football to get rid of a bad taste. I am guessing it is going to take more than that for a burial of same old jets.

Ideas anyone?

Winning a SB will do it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Ideas anyone?

The UN General Assembly votes unanimously that the only way the SOJ moniker can be removed is if I have a threesome with Sydney Sweeney and Camilla Cabello.  A rapidly-convened Special Papal Ecumenical Council concurs and maintains that the enormity of my action negates any possibility of breaking my marital vows.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Is what you predict going to happen? Who knows

the facts on the ground are they haven't won a division game in 3 years

and they are playing in the toughest division again 

dont tell me with sweet cheap words.

show me, with wins.  

Other than the 11 straight years we have not made the playoffs, the shocker for me was Saleh's D gave up the most points per game in the NFL.  He better fix that in a hurry.  'Cause if they play the same way and Zach has a similar season, we're not winning more than three or four games again.  

• Upvote 3