This team has 7 top forty picks in last 2 drafts

Surely not all of them will be home runs.  But just as surely not all of them will be busts.  The talent is now there.  Odds are that at least one of Elijah Moore or Garrett Wilson will turn out to be great, not just good.  Odds are the one of Breece Hall or Michael Carter may turn out to be great, not just good, etc.  With more swings a batter gets more chances at a home run.

But all of this will boil down to two things:  How good is the QB?  How good is the Coach?

And again, we might only need one of them to be a hit so that there's only one thing missing.

• Upvote 2

we saw how the offensive schemes came together by the end of last season - without davis moore and carter for most of that time and without becton all season - add players like tomlinson and garrett and hall and the te’s plus lefleurs offensive has a second offseason and i have to say this is make or break year for zw- talent galore on offensive and i expect him to be top 15qb in all metrics that matter - it’s up to him and i’m pretty sure this will be a super season to be a jets fan

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

But all of this will boil down to two things:  How good is the QB?  How good is the Coach?

And again, we might only need one of them to be a hit so that there's only one thing missing.

This is something we could slip into every thread here. The QB and HC are question marks, still. There’s no doubt about that. 

As far as the talent JD added this year goes, the only real knock is the youth and inexperience. This is why he was so aggressive in trying to find a veteran target for Zach. Obviously, we don’t know how these rookies will pan out, but it’s probably a pretty good bet that Beece Hall should literally hit the ground running, even if he’s mostly a two down back for most of the year. The veteran TEs give them a little cushion with the youth at WR. The WR group is packed with talent from 1-5, it’s just a matter of them staying on the field and reaching their potential. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'd think the team is ready for a vet QB next year if Wilson doesn't pan out.  i think he does.

I agree. There have been a lot of posts here declaring that Douglas and Saleh will only go as far as Zach will take them -and that if Zach busts, they’re gone- but I never bought into that. If this supporting cast is anywhere close to how good I think we all believe it can be, and Zach still can’t get out of his own way, they’ll get another chance with another QB, imho. Hard to see them completely giving up on Zach, but I’d expect a lot more urgency at the backup QB spot next season. Bring in one of these younger, marginal starter types (like Mariota to the Falcons, Wentz to the Commies, Trubisky to the Steelers) to push him from below and take over if need be. 

Really hoping it doesn’t come to that, though. They’ve done all they could do in two offseasons to set ZW up for success, I’m hoping he snatches it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'd think the team is ready for a vet QB next year if Wilson doesn't pan out.  i think he does.

Exactly this. The talent on this team on offense is too good to suck. It'll be ready for someone to step in and lead them.