Todd McShay Mocks A Top 3 Selection in 2023 Draft ...

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Bills are the Vegas Super Bowl favorites. They are a sick team on paper. If/when the Jets get swept by buffalo, that means they have to sweep either MIA or NEP to get to 3-3 in the division. 

the Jets will be a live underdog this year but every other team will see them as a winnable game.

it's tough to see how they go from 0 wins in 3 years to 3 wins in 1 year. Zach would have to be really good. 

1-2 division win would be a step in the right direction to be honest. If they can not get embarrassed at home by MIA and NEP that's at least a start 

i don't hold out much hope of them beating buffalo, unless Josh Allen gets injured or something crazy 

I agree that the Bills are the best team in the NFL.

I also think they were the best team in the NFL last year -- when they dropped 6 games including losses to the Jacksonville Jaguars and a 41-15 shellacking by the Colts. I want the Jets to be competitive week in and week out and that gives us an outside chance even against a great team like the Bills.

That said, even if the Bills plaster us twice -- I think 3-3 in the division is a reasonable goal. I can't subscribe to the idea that 1-5 or 2-4 is good enough. The Dolphins and Patriots just aren't good enough to accept defeat, to accept 4th place. The time to start winning games is now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

For the NY Football Jets :-(

Todd McShay has Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud as the projected No. 1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft ahead of Bryce Young of Alabama at No. 2. McShay has five quarterbacks in total in the top-10.

1. Houston Texans: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

2. Detroit Lions: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

3. New York Jets: Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

5. Atlanta Falcons: Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

6. Carolina Panthers: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

7. Chicago Bears: Jordan Addison, WR, Pittsburgh

8. New York Giants: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

9. Seattle Seahawks: Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami

10. Washington Commanders: Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State

12. Philadelphia Eagles (via Saints): Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia

13. Las Vegas Raiders: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

14. Minnesota Vikings: Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

15. New England Patriots: Noah Sewell, ILB, Oregon

16. Miami Dolphins: Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

17. Tennessee Titans: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

18. Indianapolis Colts: Derick Hall, DE, Auburn

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

20. Arizona Cardinals: Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

21. Baltimore Ravens: Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU

22. Cincinnati Bengals: Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson

23. Houston Texans (via Browns): BJ Ojulari, DE, LSU

24. Dallas Cowboys: Henry To'oTo'o, ILB, Alabama

25. Seattle Seahawks (via Broncos): Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

26. Los Angeles Chargers: Zion Nelson, OT, Miami

27. Miami Dolphins (via 49ers): Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama*

28. Detroit Lions (via Rams): Tony Grimes, CB, North Carolina

29. Green Bay Packers: Emil Ekiyor Jr., G, Alabama

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina

32. Buffalo Bills: Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma

TODD MCSHAY/ESPN

Todd contributions to draft insight are token at best and imaginary at worst. I was around to remember when/if ever brought anything meaningful to the table - but at this point, I would avoid him at all costs at any BBQ. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the other problem with Will Anderson to NYJ is he's not really a fit for the 4-3 due to his size. He's 6'4" 243 like an Anthony Barr Sam on running downs and edge on pass downs, which is fine and all but it's not like he's an elite edge by 4-3 physical standards. He's kind of a perfect 3-4 OLB though.  

I guess but Robert Mathis played pretty dang well during his career at that weight/height in the 4-3 and I dont think Freeney was much bigger either and didnt Dee Ford play in this system? 

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I think it's hard to find more than 8 wins next year, but I'm hopeful for a minimum of 6.

image.thumb.png.6c4f0d56677150cb54408616b0ef72e3.png

have to beat NE and Miami once.  Bears, Jags and Lions at home should win.  Brown suck, Steelers and Seahawks will be tough on road but they are an average teams.  hey we beat Titans and Bengals last year.  7 minimum, 9 is possible but I would say 8

1 minute ago, jbt said:

have to beat NE and Miami once.  Bears, Jags and Lions at home should win.  Brown suck, Steelers and Seahawks will be tough on road but they are an average teams.  hey we beat Titans and Bengals last year.  7 minimum, 9 is possible but I would say 8

Lots of words to say, "you're right!"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

non conference road schedule is brutal. games at Denver and at Green Bay are also terrible matchups  - even the "easy" games like at Seattle is a 3000 mile road trip and DET always plays tough on thanksgiving.  

The Jets haven't beaten BUF, NE or MIA in three years so I'm not sure how they get to more than 6 wins while getting swept by the division. They have to at least split with MIA and NE to have any sort of chance at .500. 

6 wins would be about expected (5.5 is the current over under, last year's over under was 6 and they got 4) 

7-8 wins would be excellent 

a winning season (9+) Saleh should win coach of the year 

I didn't say slam dunks - just winnable. Denver is not a world-beating team, they can (and should) beat Miami and NE, Green Bay has no WRs left .... none of those games should be penciled in as losses (though if GB is in December it's a tougher game). Just comparing rosters - there's no reason we can't win 8-10 of those games

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Beating Green Bay in GB is reasonable?  Denver in Denver with Wilson?

Yes. Green Bay's WRs right now are Allen Lazard (still unsigned), Sammy Watkins, and the shell of Randall Cobb; at TE they've got Tonyan and Marcedes Lewis. Rodgers is all-world, of course, and their RBs are no joke, but there's nobody in that passing game who should scare you right now. That makes them eminently beatable. I know it's heresy but Wilson simply has not been a great QB for several years and he's downgrading at receiver, and I don't love the Denver OL. Again, a beatable team. That doesn't necessarily make that a "should win" game, but it's not a "would utterly shock me if they do" game

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wilson was awful last year and we still didnt pick 3.  We are 10xs the roster we were last year.  This makes no sense.

In Zach Wilson's 2nd year, with a massively upgraded roster, we are going to be worse then we were last year???

Hall of Fame QB beat a team that went to the SB.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wilson was awful last year

His stats are awful and the beginning of his season was awful but overall he improved noticeably pretty much weekly. He was in my view much more impressive than Sam his rookie season because of the progress and at the end was clearly a better looking prospect than Mac Jones who clearly regressed as the season went on.