Mekhi Becton is looking like he’s in fantastic shape training with Duke Manyweather.

55 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

2022 winner of the Chad Pennington award.

Book it.

What does that mean?  An egg who gets hurt or a comeback player who wins the division with the Dolphins (before getting pasted by the Ravens in the postseason).

Looks like he did trim down a bit but I have no confidence that he will even be healthy for 10 games. Looks to me that he has been babying them knees and he has some fear about going full boar on them shaky knees - and with his weight on them knees I can understand his fear. One knee blowout and his career is most likely over. Lets just hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

One problem with that video, he is setting and kick sliding to his left, Mekhi you are now a right tackle, you better practice setting and kick sliding to your right.

The way he looks to me, I would say he very well might just win back the left tackle job.

I realize I'm no expert, but his body is looking lean, and he looks to be in amazing shape.  I can't wait to see more of him in action.

22 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He was in pass protection, yes.  More important on the left side anyhow, put Becton on the right next to AVT and run right to your heart's content.

Becton rookie year > fant last year according to pff . 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

One problem with that video, he is setting and kick sliding to his left, Mekhi you are now a right tackle, you better practice setting and kick sliding to your right.

He will compete with Fant this offseason and should be practicing accordingly. 

24 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He will compete with Fant this offseason and should be practicing accordingly. 

This 'will compete' narrative is  over blown, teams do not have tackles compete with each other.  Fant earned his LT spot last year and the team trusts him there.  It would take a Fant injury to change that.  Any 'compete' narrative is lip service.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This 'will compete' narrative is  over blown, teams do not have tackles compete with each other.  Fant earned his LT spot last year and the team trusts him there.  It would take a Fant injury to change that.  Any 'compete' narrative is lip service.

Becton starts at LT week 1.

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If becton is able to do well against Lawson in camp does that mean becton got better or Lawson got worse after the injury? Conflicted.

I know you're being a wise ass but I couldn't care less what they do in shorts and shells. Becton is a giant beast who physically dominates people and wears them down over the course of a game. Speed rushers obviously have a advantage in flag football. The reports of Lawson owning Becton in shorts are so stupidly over blown on here it's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Becton starts at LT week 1.

I think if its real competition becton will win. But since i don't think it will because you need the Oline to gel quickly . I think Fant does start at LT (barring injury) because he is a better LT than a RT. I Don't think he is better a player than becton at all tho..

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I think if its real competition becton will win. But since i don't think it will because you need the Oline to gel quickly . I think Fant does start at LT (barring injury) because he is a better LT than a RT. I Don't think he is better a player than becton at all tho..

Becton struggled against Lawson last camp. I’ll be curious to see how both look in TC

Also curious to see how Fant does against Lawson as well

11 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Any idea what is weight is at?

Any idea what coaches want his weight at? I maybe heard 360 ish somewhere but I can't remember.

I think ideally I'd want him under 350. He's strong as heck and I honestly don't think his play strength would be significantly impacted even if he's 330. Losing the weight would just improve his health, conditioning and speed

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

LT is a premium position. Guard is not. People forget who Becton is on a football field.

To be fair, a dominant RT makes the same as an average LT at roughly $13M per year.  So you also have to consider where he would perform better.  While pay is not apples to apples, either is performance.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If we get the real Big Ticket ? back…..woah nelly ?.

I still don’t get the Becton hate, he a big dude he got hurt once, and the NY media planted the lazy fat seed to rile up Jets fans and you all fell hard.  Kid is young big talented I pray he can stay healthy and reach his amazing potential.

• Upvote 4