Mekhi Becton is looking like he’s in fantastic shape training with Duke Manyweather.

21 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Becton rookie year > fant last year according to pff . 

Not to mention the other actual starters on that line got better in '21. I can't award Becton got-better points when he missed the whole season, but his pinnacle was unlikely to have been as a rookie on Frank Pollack's line.

Yes the same one who coached the Bengals line into trying to end Burrow's young career in '21 after missing his soph season

• who got fired after 1 year as Oakland's OLC;
  • then seems to have gotten a bunch of undue credit for an OL already armed with three all-pros plus then landing La'el Collins, before getting fired;
  • who then moved to Cin where his OL landed Dalton on IR before getting fired;
  • then to the Jets for the two Gase years, again getting fired with the coach change;
  • finally then returning to Cin to see how many sacks it'd take to land Burrow on IR again (amazingly he stayed upright to the end), where everyone knows they got as far as they did despite Pollack's weakest unit on the team. 

Someone explain to me why he is so well regarded & what I'm missing. His track record is garbage outside of coaching a line with 4 pro bowlers on it plus a PB TE helping out (and not exactly being responsible for coaching up low-end talent into PB/AP linemen at that). 

So long as he stays on the field - granted this is no given - Becton should be just fine at worst. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Ah shoot, sorry Max.  I just screen recorded it off of Duke’s page because I knew it would disappear.  I’ll try and see if someone tweeted or something and link it here.  If not I’ll tweet it myself and link it!

Thank you!

On 5/5/2022 at 4:55 PM, bgivs21 said:

Why not? Everyone here assumed he was completely out of shape and at 4 bills based on beat reporter speculation.

Speak for yourself. I always thought that was straight bullsh*t. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

On 5/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, IndianaJet said:

To the extent you can tell, he does look leaner.  But to conclude he's actually in good shape from doing a few side step reps is a little bit of a reach.

I'd love to see some video of him performing agility drills or something a little more intense than what's be shown by his trainer now and in past posts.

So youre thinking hes been working all offseason with one of the top OL gurus and  the only thing they've been working on are side steps?  Everytime they put up a video some ask for something different to prove hes in their idea of in shape. 

Is there any proof that 99% of the other Jet players are working out as hard or harder than Becton?  No, but he gets ragged on for his work outs.  Can we just leave the guy alone and accept that the fat, lazy thing is a reach 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 5

On 5/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Not to mention the other actual starters on that line got better in '21. I can't award Becton got-better points when he missed the whole season, but his pinnacle was unlikely to have been as a rookie on Frank Pollack's line.

Yes the same one who coached the Bengals line into trying to end Burrow's young career in '21 after missing his soph season

• who got fired after 1 year as Oakland's OLC;
  • then seems to have gotten a bunch of undue credit for an OL already armed with three all-pros plus then landing La'el Collins, before getting fired;
  • who then moved to Cin where his OL landed Dalton on IR before getting fired;
  • then to the Jets for the two Gase years, again getting fired with the coach change;
  • finally then returning to Cin to see how many sacks it'd take to land Burrow on IR again (amazingly he stayed upright to the end), where everyone knows they got as far as they did despite Pollack's weakest unit on the team. 

Someone explain to me why he is so well regarded & what I'm missing. His track record is garbage outside of coaching a line with 4 pro bowlers on it plus a PB TE helping out (and not exactly being responsible for coaching up low-end talent into PB/AP linemen at that). 

So long as he stays on the field - granted this is no given - Becton should be just fine at worst. 

Good post and details I can’t recall anyone pointing out here. ???

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:49 PM, Dwight Englewood said:

The hate on Becton is so wildly over the top.  The guy was the best rookie Left Tackle just a year ago.  Now clowns are gloating about Wirfs, a right tackle who only has to pass protect for maybe 1 second for brady.

LOL

The proof will be in the pudding. I loathe all these "look at how hard I train" videos. He had the same ones last off season before getting his azz handed to him during TC by Lawson.

He seems to have a chip on his shoulder which is good. TC will give some insight on where he's at.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, RaoulDuke said:

The proof will be in the pudding. I loathe all these "look at how hard I train" videos. He had the same ones last off season before getting his azz handed to him during TC by Lawson.

He seems to have a chip on his shoulder which is good. TC will give some insight on where he's at.

oh huh.

• Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I mean every single pro-Becton post is fan fiction with the 'if healthy' disclaimer hastily slapped on at the end which isn't weird at all.

This literally has nothing to do with my comment. Bravo.

I'm young enough to remember Le'Veon Bell's boxing videos a couple summers ago, when he was supposed to be in the "best shape of his life".
He WAS in great shape...he was just too slow to be effective anymore.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Very happy for MB and his girlfriend. Children are a gift and add so much to a home. It appears they had a son. 

Please…. No rude comments. This is off limits to Jet fans and SOJF. 

Amazing we have to remind people family is off limits…….

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1