Connor- Clemons a first round talent, Ruckert to be our starting TE in '23, expect an F'ing good pass rush this season

hmhertz

He asked about Clemons in the presser. Question was basically if not for the injuries and off field do you think he would’ve been a day one or day two guy talent wise, and I think the answer was basically “yeah probably somewhere in there”. Goofball.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, derp said:

He asked about Clemons in the presser. Question was basically if not for the injuries and off field do you think he would’ve been a day one or day two guy talent wise, and I think the answer was basically “yeah probably somewhere in there”. Goofball.

He was rumored to go to the Jets at 1.04.

• Haha 2

I like the fact the Jets double dipped at edge. Connor Rodgers thought he had talent, questioned his off field stuff but dinged the Jets overall score because of the pick.

He is a strong player with a violent punch, plus he has a nose ring. Daphne Zuniga will struggle to make the team this year because of Michael.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I thought he had a lot of good points. He nailed it as far as the defensive line philosophy is concerned. 100% rested 100% effort. Interchangeable parts to a certain degree.

JD is  building a Ravens system. One year the Jets will just sit back and let the draft come to them. They will develop their own system of football and choose players that fit their system without reaching or giving up draft capital. The Ravens drafted 11 players. They just drafted depth and future starters. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

I thought he had a lot of good points. He nailed it as far as the defensive line philosophy is concerned. 100% rested 100% effort. Interchangeable parts to a certain degree.

JD is  building a Ravens system. One year the Jets will just sit back and let the draft come to them. They will develop their own system of football and choose players that fit their system without reaching or giving up draft capital. The Ravens drafted 11 players. They just drafted depth and future starters. 

Can’t wait for that. We are in great hands.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Pretty sure the Ravens believe they added two or three immediate starters. Their draft this year was a lot like the Jets in that they were basically done by the fourth round (just one sixth round pick after five fourth rounders for them). So same approach, take the cream off a weak year and cash out. Big difference is that they used first rounders on non-premium positions while the Jets hit nothing but premium positions in the first. 

I agree on what the Jets are looking to do. I expect a very conventional draft next year, with OL & CB taken in the later rounds to put in the developmental pipeline. They will not want to be taking CBs and RBs high again anytime soon. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

A lot of options, but still missing "Superman"

When so many guys getting after the qb including idl then I’m sure there will be guys who break out. I can see quinnen and Lawson having great years. I could be wrong, but it takes edge rushers a bit to really start to make a huge impact. JJ and Clemons are older so may not take them super long 

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, JiFapono said:

lmfao - what a hack.  This dude doesnt know his ass from his elbow.  He's proven time and time again to be completely clueless

I never got the whole Jet beat writer hate but what does he report that is wrong?

i read a cool article about ruckert the other day, it was an interview with the ohio state TE coach.  He said 2 things that were cool.  First, he said that ruckert has competed against the best pass rushers in practice every day like boss and chase young so he’s already had blocking experience against the best pass rushers.  Second, the TE coach actually said (of course this is his coach but still) that ruckert handled Hutchinson better than the OSU tackles.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i read a cool article about ruckert the other day, it was an interview with the ohio state TE coach.  He said 2 things that were cool.  First, he said that ruckert has competed against the best pass rushers in practice every day like boss and chase young so he’s already had blocking experience against the best pass rushers.  Second, the TE coach actually said (of course this is his coach but still) that ruckert handled Hutchinson better than the OSU tackles.  

If you get a chance sometime (and you remember where it was), post the article.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you get a chance sometime (and you remember where it was), post the article.

I should have, i regret not doing it.  I think the jets are going that SF power rushing attack, with becton and those TEs and now a big rb.  If you think about it, the offense this offseason has really dedicated itself way more to the running than passing attack.  I’m hoping for a real flip of time of possession, with the one question being can the jets d be better against the run.

• Upvote 1

Not if we play Quinnen Williams , the bum stinks at stopping the run and rushing the passer. Even Sheldon Richardson a broken down old bum former Jets  DT would play the run and

the pass better than QW today

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I should have, i regret not doing it.  I think the jets are going that SF power rushing attack, with becton and those TEs and now a big rb.  If you think about it, the offense this offseason has really dedicated itself way more to the running than passing attack.  I’m hoping for a real flip of time of possession, with the one question being can the jets d be better against the run.

If you're so inclined, you can probably find it in your browser's history.  

On 5/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, Claymation said:

Daphne Zuniga will struggle to make the team this year because of Michael.

Might not have even required Clemons’ presence for that to be the case.  Currently, ourlads has 9 other pass rushers/DEs listed ahead of Zuniga on the depth chart (Lawson, JFM, JJ, Huff, Curry, Jacob Martin, Clemons, Anae, Hamilcar).

On 5/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, JiFapono said:

lmfao - what a hack.  This dude doesnt know his ass from his elbow.  He's proven time and time again to be completely clueless. 

On no earthly planet was Michael Clemons a first round talent. 

The USFL is an earthly planet lol.

• Haha 1