What an Absolutely Class Act Jermaine Johnson Is!

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He turned 23 this winter so what is he, almost a whole year older?

Hes the way he is because of how he was raised.  

i year makes a difference and he's probably closer to 2 years older given the nfl team draft a lot of juniors.  the bottom line is this guy is well spoken and can hopefully help the jets at edge or even drop into coverage.  and his parents should be proud.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I went into the draft with Sauce on the brain.  I knew JJ existed, but didn't know much.  The more I read and watch highlights, the more I'm beginning to think that JJ may be the best guy they drafted this year.  

If nothing else, he's the most "likeable" guy to root for. I'd be tempted to get his Jersey for my son, but I'll wait and see how he looks at the pro level.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

totally agree about johnson.  he's got a great story about getting to play football.  he actually speaks english.  he's older than a normal college player and that might have given him a better perspective on things.  here's to hoping he plays well and has a long career with the jets.

Yeah, I'm sick of all these rookies coming in only speaking German.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I said it from like 30 minutes after drafting him... And, yes, this could be a huge OldTakesExposed, but *JJ seems like one of the most likable guys we've had as far as I can remember.

*Maine, thanks. 

4 hours ago, ZachEY said:

My goodness, Jim-Bob, I just can’t understand why all these people call me racist!

Born and raised in NJ, parents are immigrants... Not racist at all, it was a joke, you should know better from my posts we've had together... Guess maybe I should have said that. And to infer people from the South (Jim-Bob) are racist is somewhat racist in itself, cause not everyone who is a redneck as again inferred is racist. People (not just you) should stop with the whole racist schtick, cause it's old and not working anymore. People are getting fed up and wise to that schtick. It's great to see people actually standing up against it now. Praise the days when we pretty much all got along together before some went balistic on every word spoken or written. Love that I have a good sense of humor, and am not offended easily. I take your comment above to heart cause I know you're a good person.

Oh not intended for you, but everyone should be forced to watch South Park, so they can understand the meaning of (sense of humor). It's becoming a lost emotion. Hell if people like Dave Chappelle, and Chris Rock have to watch out, then I feel for this society and young people in general. Thank god I got to grow up in a much better atmosphere then today's crap. Hope things can go back to the way they were.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I thought this guy was supposed to be a gangster and he droped because of gang ties?

Was that some sort of Jets propaganda so we coudl land him late in the first round?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Born and raised in NJ, parents are immigrants... Not racist at all, it was a joke, you should know better from my posts we've had together... Guess maybe I should have said that. And to infer people from the South (Jim-Bob) are racist is somewhat racist in itself, cause not everyone who is a redneck as again inferred is racist. People (not just you) should stop with the whole racist schtick, cause it's old and not working anymore. People are getting fed up and wise to that schtick. It's great to see people actually standing up against it now. Praise the days when we pretty much all got along together before some went balistic on every word spoken or written. Love that I have a good sense of humor, and am not offended easily. I take your comment above to heart cause I know you're a good person.

Oh not intended for you, but everyone should be forced to watch South Park, so they can understand the meaning of (sense of humor). It's becoming a lost emotion. Hell if people like Dave Chappelle, and Chris Rock have to watch out, then I feel for this society and young people in general. Thank god I got to grow up in a much better atmosphere then today's crap. Hope things can go back to the way they were.

Do you you know for a fact he is a good person or is he a bad ass heart of gold type?

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Jermaine Johnson’s parents welcomed him to this world on 7 January 1999 in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. They have seen their son following his dream into achieving it.

The defensive end player grew up with his mom, June, and dad, Jay, while gaining their support in pursuing what he wants. He has made his parents proud with his growing success, & his loved ones are more than blessed to have him as their son.

Jermaine’s father has previously commented on his son, “He wants to be able to use his talents. I don’t care where he ends up; he’s a dawg at heart.”

No matter how the player is going to end up in the coming days, he could always have the support of his parents. They have been through thick and thin together and have seen all the tireless journey of the defensive end player.

image.thumb.png.ff9e4872a9d54e0ff1ff55fa4ab5c507.png

Those names don't seem to be immigrant name..... Jay & June.

25 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I thought this guy was supposed to be a gangster and he droped because of gang ties?

Was that some sort of Jets propaganda so we coudl land him late in the first round?

Of course.  The 'gang' referred to is more commonly known as  "Gang Green".  8-)

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He’s been great in interviews. I really think he’s be a consistent element for this team. 

He has but I saw somewhere that he slipped because of the interview process and attitude. Don't see it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

i year makes a difference and he's probably closer to 2 years older given the nfl team draft a lot of juniors.  the bottom line is this guy is well spoken and can hopefully help the jets at edge or even drop into coverage.  and his parents should be proud.

He turned 23 in January.  Hes not closer to 2 years older, thats his age.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Do you you know for a fact he is a good person or is he a bad ass heart of gold type?

I believe so yes, from prior conversations. Don't know him personally, but recall some of our club discussions. Don't ask me to go back and do any searches lol...

17 hours ago, slats said:

He’s 24 years old and only really had one year of production in school. The lack of hurries & QB hits was also concerning to some. He didn’t drop, he went right about where he should’ve according to most of the stuff we’ve heard since the draft. The Jets loved him, though. Hope they were right. 

He’s 23 and won’t be 24 until next year. I get the impression your not a fan with the negative spin. At 26 he’s an absolute steal. 

I noticed he had a # in the 50s. Made me wonder if the Jets plan to use him at OLB and DE. My thought was Lawson, jFM, Q and clemons/huff/curry/martin (whoever is fresh or hot) on the line with JJ at OLB in obvious passing situations. How fast would 1 of those 5 get to the QB?

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s 23 and won’t be 24 until next year. I get the impression your not a fan with the negative spin. At 26 he’s an absolute steal. 

I was responding to someone asking why he dropped, and those are things I heard before and after the pick. It’s true that he probably concerned me the most out of the top four Edge guys we’d been talking about, but Hutch and Walker were gone, and the Jets didn’t want Thibs. I didn’t like the talk of him at #4, and didn’t love him at #10, either, but can’t complain about #26. They seem to feel that he’s a great fit. I like that he’s a complete DE who’ll be capable against the run. I can actually imagine him coming out on some passing downs to let Huff or Martin pin their ears back.