The Jets were not good at catching the football last season.

10 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Would help completion percentage if Zach would stop throwing worm killers 

They weren't worm killers on the fake Jets turf!

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Defense improved.  The run game should be improved with Hall and a tougher OLine.  I think Zach improved to end last season and the off-season will only help.  

Do we think the team will also catch the football better next season?  This is why I wanted Cooper or an experienced WR1.  I love G. Wilson, but a rookie is the only addition to the WRs.  The Jets are banking on unrealized potential at WR.  It might work…

TEs and RBs should be better at catching. That should help.  

GW is a legit #1WR prospect with very good hands.  The Three Amigos at TE will catch everything.  Corey Davis will be more relaxed...settling into where he belongs...a #2 wideout.  So he'll catch better.  Moore will be  clutch-reliable in his year two.  The RBs are solid catchers.  

And my favorite pick...this guy...can make like a Kamara-LeVeon type...great hands...

Download video

Many of those "drops" weren't exactly easy catches. Guys draped all over them, trying to get 2 feet down at the same time. The good news is that many of those throws by Wilson were under pressure and still extremely accurate and often showed off his excellent pocket presence/mobility. 

There is a lot to be excited about heading into 2022. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Wait.  Now I'm confused.

Who sucks and needs to be replaced now?

But seriously, yeah, a few of those drops by Davis were not good.  I really hope he can do a little better this season holding onto the ball.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah nobody was good this isn't hard.

Actually.  Berrios was good.  70% catch rate and lots of key catches including 21 first downs on 65 targets.

He's not going to stretch the field, but I like him very much as a 3rd down guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Actually.  Berrios was good.  70% catch rate and lots of key catches including 21 first downs on 65 targets.

He's not going to stretch the field, but I like him very much as a 3rd down guy.

I also like Berrios as a 3 way guy.

Woops, I misread that. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That's true Berrios was very good but the reason this argument is still going on is to absolve someone of blame which is idiotic and a waste of time.  The WRs dropped balls and Zach was throwing grounders the first 7 games.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Many of those "drops" weren't exactly easy catches. Guys draped all over them, trying to get 2 feet down at the same time. The good news is that many of those throws by Wilson were under pressure and still extremely accurate and often showed off his excellent pocket presence/mobility. 

There is a lot to be excited about heading into 2022. 

Combination of potentially better line plus moar weaponz at RB,TE and even WR should give Zach more time with a looser defense, leading to hopefully more catchable throws. 

The whole "it's a team game" thing. I'm agreeing with you. I think I just wanted to type "moar weaponz" 

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Defense improved.  The run game should be improved with Hall and a tougher OLine.  I think Zach improved to end last season and the off-season will only help.  

Do we think the team will also catch the football better next season?  This is why I wanted Cooper or an experienced WR1.  I love G. Wilson, but a rookie is the only addition to the WRs.  The Jets are banking on unrealized potential at WR.  It might work…

TEs and RBs should be better at catching. That should help.  

Zach Wilson for the most part running for his life & making money throws but guys dropping them... Everyone... Zach Wilson Sucks. 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, undertow said:

That's true Berrios was very good but the reason this argument is still going on is to absolve someone of blame which is idiotic and a waste of time.  The WRs dropped balls and Zach was throwing grounders the first 7 games.

For this and @Warfish I agree last season is done.

This is another important area the Jets need to take a big step forward.  It’s something I’ll be watching to hear about in practice reports.  

There is more talent on both sides of the ball, so the camp battles should be interesting! 

• Upvote 1

Every team experiences drops… some more than others.  

Hopefully…

- we are league average or better in this category in 2022 

- they don’t come in big spots

- our offense is good enough to overcome

great offenses get penalties, drops, and negative plays but are able to overcome them at a greater rate than bad teams.

• Upvote 1

I’d add we’ve seen too many teams have great success against us in 3rd and super long…

Hoping we stop teams better in those situations on defense.

And on offense… we pull out a few successes in 3rd and super long when they do arise.

I think for the most part we saw what we saw last year.  There were plenty of missed plays that Zach left on the field.  He knows it, we know it.

However, if these balls are caught many of these would play like a highlight reel of how extremely talented Zach is and how excited we should be to have him as our QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I’d add we’ve seen too many teams have great success against us in 3rd and super long…

Hoping we stop teams better in those situations on defense.

And on offense… we pull out a few successes in 3rd and super long when they do arise.

I do think drops are magnified in low volume, low power passing attacks.

The high flying offenses can get away with them… and the volume makes the rate look better as well.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Crowder dropped a lot of balls the last two years.  Don’t understand the love he gets.

Probably has something to do with him being our best receiver every year he's been here (with the exception of last year). That also says a lot about our WR core since he's been here, lol.