This team is soft and doomed. Saleh holding the rookies out of camp?

The #1 worst thing that could happen to this team is injuries. I personally m fine with the rookies being held out of ROOKIE CAMP (Not the main one), because if any of our picks goes out with an ACL tear in a rookie training camp, that would be worse than they get a little less official camp time.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have you guys ever seen this before? Holding rookies out of camp to avoid injury? Did he do this last year?

No, but I'm ok with it. If he wants to be sure they're physically ready to participate before gearing it up and getting them more involved it seams like a smart approach. My guess is they looked at the injuries they had last year, and are playing it safe. They probably will scale up as they deeper into the offseason program.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This will surely instill a sense of toughness and camaraderie, while scrubbing away any sense of entitlement from the locker room.

Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We should have held Carl Lawson out of all pre-season activities last year. 

Better he got hurt before last season than after 3 games.  Might not be ready for the big push to respectability this year.  Plus Lawson is responsible for Becton being in full rehab mode in the offseason after beating him like a drum last TC.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. I have a never-ending list of things to complain about.

Yes, but they are getting lamer and lamer! So it is a good sign!

If we win 10 straight super bowls he will surely find something to complain about!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have you guys ever seen this before? Holding rookies out of camp to avoid injury? Did he do this last year?

As others have said, he's holding the drafted rookies out the first day of rookie camp, not full training camp.  This weekend is more about the UDFAs and tryout guys anyway, and generally getting the rookies acclimated to things. And getting their numbers so fans can complain.  

• Sympathy 1

The #1 worst thing that could happen to this team is injuries. I personally m fine with the rookies being held out of ROOKIE CAMP (Not the main one), because if any of our picks goes out with an ACL tear in a rookie training camp, that would be worse than they get a little less official camp time.
This is bubble wrap parenting at its finest .. why dont we just lock them in their apartments until week 1 ???

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
25 minutes ago, Hex said:

This is bubble wrap parenting at its finest .. why dont we just lock them in their apartments until week 1 ???

Well the biggest point I made there is that it's just rookie camp. It's not the main one. How important is rookie camp to begin with?