This team is soft and doomed. Saleh holding the rookies out of camp?

This is some crazy, new-age sh*t. I was half-kidding yesterday, but I didn’t think Saleh was really going to these lengths. I think they’re going to get absolutely physically wrecked when the season starts.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/new-york-jets-rookie-minicamp-robert-saleh-press-conference-takeaways/

“The Jets will employ more of a 7-on-7 format throughout rookie minicamp than they have in the past. Saleh has his eyes on keeping his young offensive and defensive linemen healthy and also getting the quarterbacks, wide receivers and secondary more work.

“We’re going to be more cognizant with our bigs, so it’s going to be a lot more 7-on-7 this year,” Saleh said. “Making sure the quarterback, receivers and the back end of the defense are getting in all their work. But the bigs, instead of the banging, they’re going to be a lot more individual-based.”

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is some crazy, new-age sh*t. I was half-kidding yesterday, but I didn’t think Saleh was really going to these lengths. I think they’re going to get absolutely physically wrecked when the season starts.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/new-york-jets-rookie-minicamp-robert-saleh-press-conference-takeaways/

“The Jets will employ more of a 7-on-7 format throughout rookie minicamp than they have in the past. Saleh has his eyes on keeping his young offensive and defensive linemen healthy and also getting the quarterbacks, wide receivers and secondary more work.

“We’re going to be more cognizant with our bigs, so it’s going to be a lot more 7-on-7 this year,” Saleh said. “Making sure the quarterback, receivers and the back end of the defense are getting in all their work. But the bigs, instead of the banging, they’re going to be a lot more individual-based.”

It's just rookie mini-camp. Its literally new employee orientation. 

Did you know that when you join the military, they don't just drive you to boot camp and throw you into the Drill Sergeant shark attack? You go to a Reception Battalion,  get physical examination, learn the basics of being in the military, get uniforms, haircuts, etc AND you get tested to ensure you meet minimum basic requirements for running, push-ups, etc. 

After a week or two of that kind of stuff depending on cycle schedules, you go "down range" for the real sh*t. 

They're gonna be fine, T0m

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's just rookie mini-camp. Its literally new employee orientation. 

Did you know that when you join the military, they don't just drive you to boot camp and throw you into the Drill Sergeant shark attack? You go to a Reception Battalion,  get physical examination, learn the basics of being in the military, get uniforms, haircuts, etc AND you get tested to ensure you meet minimum basic requirements for running, push-ups, etc. 

After a week or two of that kind of stuff depending on cycle schedules, you go "down range" for the real sh*t. 

They're gonna be fine, T0m

I think the 7 on 7/ saving the bigs stuff is referencing all of camp, no? Didn’t they do a bunch of this last summer, too? 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Those 3 days sure have left a mark on you. 

• Haha 2

If this is the type of crap we’re complaining about then we must be in a new era of Jets football cuz this is small stuff compared to what actually matters and compared to what we’ve rightfully complained about over past decade. 

• Sympathy 1