Bills almost took Breece Hall in the 1st round

5 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I still think if everything goes our way we have a very good chance of losing our fifth Super Bowl. 

Keep the faith!

More than welcome to chat with us this season.

I'm sure the 17.5 people that chat on the Bill's forum cant keep a conversation going long.  

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, fullblast said:

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, enjoy

that was enjoyable but did these numbnuts think the Bills were going to trade back into the round? 

i'm really excited for Hall but even the Jets didn't like him enough to take him in rd1

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

that was enjoyable but did these numbnuts think the Bills were going to trade back into the round? 

i'm really excited for Hall but even the Jets didn't like him enough to take him in rd1

Yeah that's not true. 

Not only would they have taken him in the first, the Jets attempted to trade into rd 1 a second time to select him, but couldn't find a trade partner. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yeah that's not true. 

Not only would they have taken him in the first, the Jets attempted to trade into rd 1 a second time to select him, but couldn't find a trade partner. 

they traded back in and took JJ over Hall that's what happened. They passed on him 3x in rd 1 if we're being pedantic about it 

I can see the argument this dude is worth a 36 pick but not a 23 BUF or 26 NYJ pick.

the point im trying to make is he's not going to be there at 64 which is where Buffalo actually picks 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets tried to trade back into round 1 to get him! 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It’s kinda insane the amount of slander the Jets are getting for drafting a RB in the 2nd round. Look at this whole Twitter thread, you’d think they took one at 4. 

The Jets arguably got the best cb, wr, maybe edge, and rb in the whole draft. Not to mention a TE people had highly rated. To trade up to 36 they gave up a 5th rounder. They got 26 and a late 3rd rounder giving up 35, an early 3rd rounder, and a 5th rounder, maybe getting the player they were gonna take early that 3rd round with the late 3rd. They took 7 players in first 4 rounds, better chance of hit rate than 5th rounders. You really couldn't do better than they did, yet people still "roast" them. If I were the coach, I would tell the players to stay off the media social feeds and watching television networks. Plus be respectful in press conferences to minimize engagement. There is no rational way a team should be criticized for the draft the jets had or the "process" they are following, and I would ask Jason politely if the Ravens had the same exact draft the Jets did how would he rate their "process"? 

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

More than welcome to chat with us this season.

I'm sure the 17.5 people that chat on the Bill's forum cant keep a conversation going long.  

Their forum is actually a lot larger / more active than ours.

I may have trolled it on occasion in the past ?

It seems more nuanced than implied by the OP. Their GM didn't say he'd take Breece at 25. Elam was the last player they had with a 1st round grade. They would have traded back and taken him later if he was there. 

..but who cares.. what another team would or would not have done. The pick made sense and seems like a really good choice. It's better to worry about that. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they traded back in and took JJ over Hall that's what happened. They passed on him 3x in rd 1 if we're being pedantic about it 

I can see the argument this dude is worth a 36 pick but not a 23 BUF or 26 NYJ pick.

the point im trying to make is he's not going to be there at 64 which is where Buffalo actually picks 

I know they traded up for JJ. But they also attempted to trade back into round 1 for Hall. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Facts said:

Their forum is actually a lot larger / more active than ours.

I may have trolled it on occasion in the past ?

That is simply not true.

A - They arent nearly as active, if they are, I want to see receipts 

B - There about 47 Bills fans in the world anyways. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Loved this pick from the moment it was announced but this confirms it.

Bills GM basically admits that Breece Hall was going to be their pick if Elam wasn’t there.

https://www.ballysports.com/national/news/brandon-beane-s-lasting-formula-to-build-a-champion-in-buffalo

I still think about when he worked with us at age 21 here in Charlotte, before joining the Panthers.  He comes from a solid family.  

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

That is simply not true.

A - They arent nearly as active, if they are, I want to see receipts 

B - There about 47 Bills fans in the world anyways. 

I just looked and they not only have 2 million more posts than we do, but 4,000 more active users.

But who gives a crap - why are we arguing about Bills fans? I’d rather paint my toenails.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It’s kinda insane the amount of slander the Jets are getting for drafting a RB in the 2nd round. Look at this whole Twitter thread, you’d think they took one at 4. 

The PFF nerd crew loved Joe Douglas when he was collecting picks and drafting John Morgan and they hate him when he is trading up for AVT, Hall, and JJ....this is what people call intelligent these days.  I am personally thankful and relieved JD isn't in the trade down cult....also when did the "rule" change from you don't draft a RB in round one to you don't draft a RB till round 3 nobody informed me of the rule change.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I think a highly drafted RB makes more sense for a team like the bills who are Superbowl contenders. 

I hope the kid is a stud and proves me wrong but I still don't like taking a RB so high. 

If you look at the teams in the Superbowl the last few years, most of them have a running back that was drafted in the 1st or 2nd round (in some cases not the team that drafted them). Those same running backs also don't make a lot of money. So you seem to be right on.. it makes sense to draft a high running back when you've got a good shot at a Superbowl. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think a highly drafted RB makes more sense for a team like the bills who are Superbowl contenders. 

I hope the kid is a stud and proves me wrong but I still don't like taking a RB so high. 

I’m fine with it outside of round 1. Especially after we went CB, WR, and Edge first. 

Top 5 rushers last year were all 2nd round picks. 

Just don’t be an idiot like the Giants taking a RB 2nd overall. LOL. Can’t believe they did that. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It may not work out, but there was nothing wrong with Joe Douglas process. A bad process was Idzik in 2014 drafting 12 players. 

Trading some late round picks to move up is the benefit of having extra draft picks. 

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It was a second round pick. Carter is really just a 3rd down scatback and the other rbs on our roster are JAGs at best

Our offensive line is the most talented part of our roster.  If we are going to not get a joke next season we have to establish the running game.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It was a great pick for the Jets - and analytics guys don't take into account the Jets team, how it's positioned and what they're trying to build.

Breece Hall will have bigger impact on this roster over the next couple of years than any other player they could  have possibly taken.  

Analytics  is useless.

Fixed.?

• Haha 1