Clemons Video:”You Need Some of that Nasty”

Them reporters better not rub this guy the wrong way because he looks like he could snap real quickly. Dont ask him a tough question cause he might be meeting you in the parking lot by your car. He seems like he should of been with the Oakland Raiders of the 70's. Just please don't rip our QB's head off in practice - Please!   The Red jersey means he's your friend!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Just watched the whole interview…

Clemons is the truth!

He handled the press thoughtfully and masterfully, and showed a depth of character and personality in the process.  The dude is funny, intelligent, and intimidating.  That’s a crazy combo move to pull off.  

I can see why he was a captain - very mission focused, with an internal confidence and drive, that is inspiring. 

The type of player who, teamed with Moore and JJ, could really be a leader among the young players. Mims, should stick close to these guys. 

Nice to think that a core group of players growing together with a team. Like the 80’s Cowboys, Bears and more recently Seahawks have had but with less drama.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I was so going to pick Clemons in the JetNation mock draft at 206 but @section314 beat me to it at pick 202. I was so angry ? I researched this kid for several days and thought he’d slip by everyone’s radar. His measurables, his videos, the bc analysis on him are just off the charts. Great pick @section314

Thanks!. Sounds like we both looked at much of the same things. I agree with you, he is a good player and will really help us. JD was on Movin the Chains last Monday with Pat Kirwin and David Moulton, and they asked him what is was about him that sold the Jets on drafting him. JD started out by calling him "big Mike" and said the things he loved were how strong his hands are, and that he plays every down angry and violent. Kirwin said he interviewed him at the SR. Bowl , I believe, and asked him " if I could only watch one game of yours from last year, what would it be?' Said Clemons didn't hesitate.....LSU. Kirwin watched it, said he was dominant and later watched every game. Really likes him and thinks he will be a good add to our D. Moulton basically focuses on the SEC and his comment was pretty simple..." trust me, this guy is definitely an NFL player." 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Just watched the whole interview…

Clemons is the truth!

He handled the press thoughtfully and masterfully, and showed a depth of character and personality in the process.  The dude is funny, intelligent, and intimidating.  That’s a crazy combo move to pull off.  

I can see why he was a captain - very mission focused, with an internal confidence and drive, that is inspiring. 

He must be your next door neighbor or he’s dating your daughter or something like that for you to give him this many compliments - I agree with everything you said except the mission focused part - I think he’s more focused on who is the next QB he’s gonna kill or who in the locker room is he gonna kill cause someone pulled a rookie prank on him and he don’t have much of a sense of humor. 

I like the guy. He pauses to think about what he's going to say, and provides insightful answers. He wasn't recruited, he worked his ass off, and took the long hard path. He seems genuine, has a good sense of humor, and seems really comfortable with the media. This guy is going to surprise people, and contribute more than a little as a rookie.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Load the field up with pass rushers.  That's a surefire path to success if you can get there, and thus I am very happy we double-dipped at EDGE in this draft.  

24 reps @ 225 with 35” arms. That is some serious strength for a 6’5 - 265 lb. Edge. 
It’s going to be tough for OL to get their hands into his pads. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/7/2022 at 2:28 AM, Maynard13 said:

I was so going to pick Clemons in the JetNation mock draft at 206 but @section314 beat me to it at pick 202. I was so angry ? I researched this kid for several days and thought he’d slip by everyone’s radar. His measurables, his videos, the bc analysis on him are just off the charts. Great pick @section314

I picked him in my draft!  I also picked Wilson and Maine.  Nailed it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15gAZNEwycNV7PFr3E_qezgKPuRCNj0hCCkTz5usLejE/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

I am excited about this dude ... watching in his press conference I think the first time i was ever actually intimidated by someone's intensity.

Dude is refreshingly mature and developed.

Anyone know more about him ... can this kids play match his personality ?

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2022 at 8:00 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player “Think” so carefully before answering! This is a man and speaks softly but carries a big stick

My thought exactly.  He was very careful about navigating some silly questions with well thought out answers.