Jump to content

If the regime likes Flacco so much


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

How many interceptions did Zach throw:

  • Before the signed Flacco?
  • After they signed Flacco?

Better question:

How many interceptions did Zach throw before vs after My Quite showed him how to win with the same personnel that Zach was struggling horribly with?

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Well, yeah, Zach was going to struggle no matter who was backing him up, but it was probably not the best idea to give him no one to talk to other than LaFleur. They had to go out and pay a premium in-season to bring John Beck in to be his binkie.

Why does everyone skip over the passing of Knapp. He was going to be the guy who mentored Zach. Doesn’t fit the agenda i guess?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a bit of a different take. Last summer, when playoffs weren't even in the realm of possibility, it didn't seem necessary to JD that he bid for Flacco (Philly, paid him a significant bonus) just to be a mentor. The thought process, which I agree with, was to kick the can down the road because J.D. knew that if Zach went down  we could still use White or a journeyman off the street to evaluate and grow the other offense talent. By the way, the significant bonus wasn't paid by us after the trade and the remainder of the week by week money at the time of the trade was small.

This year is different. Playoff talk isn't totally crazy  and remember also that JD and the rest of us feel a need to make a significant leap in the win total, So this time if made sense to pay Flacco a significant guaranteed amount.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Better question:

How many interceptions did Zach throw before vs after My Quite showed him how to win with the same personnel that Zach was struggling horribly with?

 

Mike white has 1 win as a starting QB

 

it’s almost like you Mike white people have only ever watched one game 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Why does everyone skip over the passing of Knapp. He was going to be the guy who mentored Zach. Doesn’t fit the agenda i guess?

Incredibly sad and tragic. Underrated impact on Zach and the whole team, imo.

 

But who has been hired to fill that role? Cavanaugh was a short term, emergency fill in, but better, more experienced coaching is needed for QB.

 

But damn,  how awful was that situation? So sad and just unfair. Life is short and fragile, and now I'm down.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Better question:

How many interceptions did Zach throw before vs after My Quite showed him how to win with the same personnel that Zach was struggling horribly with?

 

And how many interceptions did Mike White throw after learning from his own greatness? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was absolutely a catastrophic mistake to not have a veteran QB on the roster to mentor Zach Wilson. Say what you want about him, but he was still a 23 year old kid from the suburbs of Utah. Everyone pounded on the Jets for going through the summer without a safety net guy. Hughes reported recently that Douglas tried to get a veteran (Hoyer, iirc) to sign here in that role, but nobody wanted to do it. 

how can it be a catastrophic mistake when you just proved JD tried to get at least 2 veteran QBs.? Football isnt like Baseball where you can throw buckets of money to get what you want. cant blame a man if he tries.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

you’re absolutely correct - in the midst of a seemingly incredible rebuild that has seen us upgrade talent all over the field and we have reasons to be optimistic for the first time in over a decade it’s easy to forget what morons jd and the staff are - want flacco - don’t want flacco? really? your post really shows what idiots we are being again - these namby pamby decisions prove how useless it is to even hope this team will get competitive any time soon is - gardner? wilson ? jj? hall? don’t be fooled by the shiny objects - we changed our mind about a back up qb

thanks for helping us see reality- oh and find another team to root for ok? posts like this offer zero to this board - just shows how miserable some people are and will always be


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Incredibly sad and tragic. Underrated impact on Zach and the whole team, imo.

 

But who has been hired to fill that role? Cavanaugh was a short term, emergency fill in, but better, more experienced coaching is needed for QB.

 

But damn,  how awful was that situation? So sad and just unfair. Life is short and fragile, and now I'm down.

It was so terrible. By all accounts everyone loved Knapp and some dickhead teenager playing on his phone while driving kills him Smh. 
 

Cavenaugh was let go and not replaced. Currently it’s just lafleur, calabrease, and Benton as the ol/run game coordinator. 
 

I have a feeling they really like Calabrease and will make him pass game coordinator then hire someone else as qb coach 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
15 hours ago, Beerfish said:
There has not been one shred of evidence that he is teaching anyone anything.

Flacco (1) Super Bowl MVP ... Beerfish + Mr White (0)

That stat is suppose to imp res me when talking about a QB now and who is a better backup and or mentor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Mike white has 1 win as a starting QB

it’s almost like you Mike white people have only ever watched one game 

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

And how many interceptions did Mike White throw after learning from his own greatness? 

922125818_MikeWhiteFingers.gif.34432c768cea81b562fd1139074ce846.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality isn't nearly as complicated as y'all are trying to make it out to be...

1) They ran with Zach and a White - because they didn't want to pay Flacco, knowing they were going with Zach all the way.   Always understanding if Zach did get hurt they could always go and get a legitimate back up.

2) Once Zach got hurt they knew Mike White isn't a legitimate back-up - so they went out and traded for one

3) Essentially they rolled the dice - save cap dollars if Zach doesn't get hurt - but if he does it'll cost you a late round pick.

Very reasonable gamble - they lost the bet - but it was low risk.  

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The reality isn't nearly as complicated as y'all are trying to make it out to be...

1) They ran with Zach and a White - because they didn't want to pay Flacco, knowing they were going with Zach all the way.   Always understanding if Zach did get hurt they could always go and get a legitimate back up.

2) Once Zach got hurt they knew Mike White isn't a legitimate back-up - so they went out and traded for one

3) Essentially they rolled the dice - save cap dollars if Zach doesn't get hurt - but if he does it'll cost you a late round pick.

Very reasonable gamble - they lost the bet - but it was low risk.  

HOF'er Mike White isn't a legitimate backup yet he beat the team that came very close to winning the Super Bowl.  And in his 2 starts he won 1 game (the Indy game he was hurt too quickly to count) while Zach won 3 times in 13 starts.  And one of his wins was an crappy performance against the awful Jaguars.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was absolutely a catastrophic mistake to not have a veteran QB on the roster to mentor Zach Wilson. Say what you want about him, but he was still a 23 year old kid from the suburbs of Utah. Everyone pounded on the Jets for going through the summer without a safety net guy. Hughes reported recently that Douglas tried to get a veteran (Hoyer, iirc) to sign here in that role, but nobody wanted to do it. 

This mentoring thing is complete BS.  Players play and coaches coach.  The HC, OC and QB coach have the responsibility to teach Wilson, not another player on the roster. Does every position need a mentor or just QB. Who is the veteran mentor for our young receivers?  Running backs?  OL? DL?  With 53 man rosters there is no room for "mentors." 

Go down the NFL QB depth charts for all 32 teams and point out these veteran mentors please.  Lawrence has no mentor. Fields has no mentor.  Do you seriously think Brian Hoyer is a "mentor" for Mac Jones?  It's time to stop with this veteran mentor crap.  

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Why was he not in camp or the roster to start last season when he probably would have been very useful.  Did we ever get an answer to that?

The actual answer to this question is he thought he could start on the Eagles and he knew he couldn't on the Jets, so HE chose the Eagles. Players that are in his position and of his age will pick the place they think they can play more often than not. It's not about the money at this stage of his career - he signed huge contracts already. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

HOF'er Mike White isn't a legitimate backup yet he beat the team that came very close to winning the Super Bowl.  And in his 2 starts he won 1 game (the Indy game he was hurt too quickly to count) while Zach won 3 times in 13 starts.  And one of his wins was an crappy performance against the awful Jaguars.

Are we still pretending White isn’t the best qb on the roster?

  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 2021 back up QB situation is a low point in JD's career. Not re-signing Flacco wasn't the issue because Flacco wanted to start and was asking for too much money. JD sh*t the bed when he traded for Flacco when they already had Josh Johnson on the practice squad. While it was a sh*tshow, I am already over it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A troll or a fool think that Mike White is better than Wilson or Flacco. A washed up, old Joe Flacco is still better than Mike White.

Zach Wilson has yet to play well facing a defense better than Coastal Carolina

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

I just hope we have a better #2 when games start to matter, because Joe "2-11 the last three years" Flacco just isn't a reliable backup QB at the NFL level anymore.

I don’t think they’re worried about his record, they understand where the team’s been these last couple years. They have a former first round pick, and Super Bowl Champion, in the QB room with the kids. I know your position on mentoring, but I don’t believe it’s shared over at 1JD. Or around the league, for that matter. 
 
And while I think there’s a lot more urgency for wins than there was last year (when there was basically no urgency to win at all), it’s still not their #1 priority. That remains developing Zach and the rest of the first, second, and third year players. And they like having Flacco in his ear. If Zach struggles again this season, then you’ll probably see one of those young marginal starter types recruited to push him and/or take over if need be. This year is still mostly about Zach, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A troll or a fool think that Mike White is better than Wilson or Flacco. A washed up, old Joe Flacco is still better than Mike White.

image.png.bd78007b03bac5716cb823296fe2307a.png

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I recall Mike White beating one of the teams that played in the super bowl 

The outlier game of the century. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

HOF'er Mike White isn't a legitimate backup yet he beat the team that came very close to winning the Super Bowl.  And in his 2 starts he won 1 game (the Indy game he was hurt too quickly to count) while Zach won 3 times in 13 starts.  And one of his wins was an crappy performance against the awful Jaguars.

Zach Wilson’s poor performance has nothing to do with Mike White. Mike White is NOT an NFL starting caliber QB. He’s not even a #2 caliber NFL QB. 
You can point to whatever you want - it’s just the reality.  Zach Wilson being bad doesn’t make Mine White good.   
 

There’s a reason the Jets went out and got Flacco the moment Zach got hurt. 
There’s a reason there was a 5th round tender on him and ZERO interest.  
Again, if I wasn’t clear enough - Because Zach Wilson performed poorly doesn’t make Mike White a good NFL QB. He’s not. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson’s poor performance has nothing to do with Mike White. Mike White is NOT an NFL starting caliber QB. He’s not even a #2 caliber NFL QB. 
You can point to whatever you want - it’s just the reality.  Zach Wilson being bad doesn’t make Mine White good.   
 

There’s a reason the Jets went out and got Flacco the moment Zach got hurt. 
There’s a reason there was a 5th round tender on him and ZERO interest.  
Again, if I wasn’t clear enough - Because Zach Wilson performed poorly doesn’t make Mike White a good NFL QB. He’s not. 

66359843_StayInformed-MikeWhite.png.983690c9fe3fa2148663cb56da50d6c9.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd hope White is qb2. Yes, yes it was probably an outlier but there's still a nonzero chance he's the best qb on the roster and I'd prefer to get a definitive answer on that if/when our 160lb starter misses some time. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Hall of Famer, mistakenly not selected #1 overall, Mike White.  

I assume you're referring to the comments from the article below.  But hey, Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/12/mike-white-if-you-ask-me-i-should-have-been-a-first-overall-pick/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...