If the regime likes Flacco so much

18 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Why was he not in camp or the roster to start last season when he probably would have been very useful.  Did we ever get an answer to that?

Because they like him so much they let him pursue his dream of starting somewhere.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

I just hope we have a better #2 when games start to matter, because Joe "2-11 the last three years" Flacco just isn't a reliable backup QB at the NFL level anymore.

13 starts, over 3K yards, over 60% comp., 15TDs, 8 INTs.

Nothing wrong with those numbers.  W & Ls are team issues, not all on the QB.  Flacco is certainly good enough to back up a starter

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

13 starts, over 3K yards, over 60% comp., 15TDs, 8 INTs.

Nothing wrong with those numbers.  W & Ls are team issues, not all on the QB.  And certainly good enough to back up a starter

Certainly good enough to back up the backup.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson’s poor performance has nothing to do with Mike White. Mike White is NOT an NFL starting caliber QB. He’s not even a #2 caliber NFL QB. 
You can point to whatever you want - it’s just the reality.  Zach Wilson being bad doesn’t make Mine White good.   

There’s a reason the Jets went out and got Flacco the moment Zach got hurt. 
There’s a reason there was a 5th round tender on him and ZERO interest.  
Again, if I wasn’t clear enough - Because Zach Wilson performed poorly doesn’t make Mike White a good NFL QB. He’s not. 

@Warfish

What is it about this that warranted a downvote?

Not a personal thing - but just curious what about this is false?

1. Are you claiming anything here is not true? If so, what?
  2. Do you think Mike White is an NFL starting caliber QB?
  3. Do you think Zach being bad makes Mike White good?
  4. Are you suggesting the Jets didn't actually go out and sign Flacco, to start, as soon as ZW got hurt?
  5. Are you saying Mike White wasn't tendered for a 5th round?
  6. Are you suggesting there actually was interest in Mike White on a 5th round tender?
  7. Or was the down vote, that you acknowledge the reality, but makes you unhappy that Mike White isn't a starting caliber NFL QB.

Again, nothing personal, just curious as to what made you down vote a post that, from what I can tell, was basically full of facts.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

@Warfish

What is it about this that warranted a downvote?

Not a personal thing - but just curious what about this is false?

1. Are you claiming anything here is not true? If so, what?
  2. Do you think Mike White is an NFL starting caliber QB?
  3. Do you think Zach being bad makes Mike White good?
  4. Are you suggesting the Jets didn't actually go out and sign Flacco, to start, as soon as ZW got hurt?
  5. Are you saying Mike White wasn't tendered for a 5th round?
  6. Are you suggesting there actually was interest in Mike White on a 5th round tender?
  7. Or was the down vote, that you acknowledge the reality, but makes you unhappy that Mike White isn't a starting caliber NFL QB.

Again, nothing personal, just curious as to what made you down vote a post that, from what I can tell, was basically full of facts.

Nothing personal intended.

I strongly disagree with the hypocrisy of judging Mike White as "not NFL caliber" for effectively one game (Buffalo), while consistently opining that Zach Wilson is a franchise QB despite being worse in every way both throughout the season, and specifically vs. that same Buffalo team.

As with Zach, I'd expect people to give Mike White a chance too.  After all, purely on performance, he earned it more than Zach did.

• Post of the Week 1

I strongly disagree with the hypocrisy of judging Mike White as "not NFL caliber" for effectively one game (Buffalo), while consistently opining that Zach Wilson is a franchise QB despite being worse in every way both throughout the season, and specifically vs. that same Buffalo team.
As with Zach, I'd expect people to give Mike White a chance too.  After all, purely on performance, he earned it more than Zach did.
Yeah ... I have a problem with the sun setting everyday too ... Mr White is what he is .. a career backup.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Okay, so two things..

1) I'm not saying Mike White isn't an NFL caliber QB from 2 games.  I'm saying Mike White isn't an NFL caliber QB for 4 years.  He's been in the NFL - we've seen him for 120 minutes or so.  Coaches see him in practice every days for 4 years.  The Jets coaching staff and his prior coaches see him as nothing more than a 3rd string QB.  

Sometimes here we don't acknowledge practice as being real - but it is.  They know what he is far more than the two games we saw. 

2) As for Zach - Zach talent, natural skills will give him the chance to mature.  That's the nature of the NFL.   Zach wasn't good last year and very few are claiming otherwise.  But his potential will allow him time to grow.

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah ... I have a problem with the sun setting everyday too ... Mr White is what he is .. a career backup.

Nothing wrong with that, having a good career backup to play behind our #1 is still a good thing.

I for one hope Mike White is the best career backup possible.

Isn't about him starting.  That's 100% on Wilson.  But if he goes down again, I want someone other than ancient can't win Flacco at this point.  

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, so two things..

1) I'm not saying Mike White isn't an NFL caliber QB from 2 games.  I'm saying Mike White isn't an NFL caliber QB for 4 years.  He's been in the NFL - we've seen him for 120 minutes or so.  Coaches see him in practice every days for 4 years.  The Jets coaching staff and his prior coaches see him as nothing more than a 3rd string QB.  

Sometimes here we don't acknowledge practice as being real - but it is.  They know what he is far more than the two games we saw. 

2) As for Zach - Zach talent, natural skills will give him the chance to mature.  That's the nature of the NFL.   Zach wasn't good last year and very few are claiming otherwise.  But his potential will allow him time to grow.

Sorry, but you didn't watch him play for 4 years.  You watched him play in four games, same as the rest of us.  

Lets not mince words, you're angry some people suggested White > Wilson, so you hate White for it.  That's been clear from day 1 with you mate, no matter how much you try and mince words or hide it.  

Me, I want Zach Wilson to greatly improve this year and be that franchise QB, and I want Mike White to stay healthy and show he can be a great backup QB.  Because that is what is best for our Jets.

Not the same lame internecine infighting and "my guy" jealousy.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, but you didn't watch him play for 4 years.  You watched him play in four games, same as the rest of us.  

Lets not mince words, you're angry some people suggested White > Wilson, so you hate White for it.  That's been clear from day 1 with you mate, no matter how much you try and mince words or hide it.  

Me, I want Zach Wilson to greatly improve this year and be that franchise QB, and I want Mike White to stay healthy and show he can be a great backup QB.  Because that is what is best for our Jets.

Not the same lame internecine infighting and "my guy" jealousy.

At this point it's a silly argument. 

I like Mike White, seems like a nice guy.  I loved the Bengals game. 

Bottom line:

1. You think the games you saw him play aren't enough to make determination on his ability
  2. I think the fact that he's been a 3rd string QB for 4 years - on multiple teams - with coaches that see him every day - tells me he's not a good player.  I think if any one of the many teams that needs a QB saw something in him beyond a 3rd string player - they would have signed him for a 5th round draft pick and $3mm.

Nothing to do with Zach - if Mike White was the better QB I would be super excited to have Mike White as the QB of the NYJ.  I loved the Bengal game, he caught lighting in a bottle and it was super exciting and the highlight of an otherwise dreary season - but that's what it was - lighting in a bottle.  

Pointless to argue this anymore. 

We simply see it differently - and, to me, that's okay.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bottom line:

1. You think the games you saw him play aren't enough to make determination on his ability
  2. I think the fact that he's been a 3rd string QB for 4 years - on multiple teams - with coaches that see him every day - tells me he's not a good player.  I think if any one of the many teams that needs a QB saw something in him beyond a 3rd string player - they would have signed him for a 5th round draft pick and $3mm.

Nothing to do with Zach - if Mike White was the better QB I would be super excited to have Mike White as the QB of the NYJ.  I loved the Bengal game, he caught lighting in a bottle and it was super exciting and the highlight of an otherwise dreary season - but that's what it was - lighting in a bottle.  

Pointless to argue this anymore.  We simply see it differently.

Kurt Warner:

After playing college football at Northern Iowa from 1990 to 1993, Warner spent four years without being named to an NFL roster. He was signed by the Green Bay Packers in 1994, but released before the regular season and instead played three seasons for the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League (AFL).

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Kurt Warner:

After playing college football at Northern Iowa from 1990 to 1993, Warner spent four years without being named to an NFL roster. He was signed by the Green Bay Packers in 1994, but released before the regular season and instead played three seasons for the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League (AFL).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Kurt Warner:

Great idea, let Mike White go to the Arena football league and dominate there for 3 years then come join the Jets.  That would be great.  

I'm all for it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Drew Bledsoe once started over Tom Brady.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

What's interesting about this is - Bill Bellichick is on record talking about how good Tom Brady was in practice and he was just waiting for the right window to get him in the game. 

Brady started his rookie year as 4th string - and by the middle of the year he was 2 and by the end of the year he was getting playing time.

Clearly, Brady showed, in practice, what he was capable of.  

What the coaches see in practice matters.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

What's interesting about this is - Bill Bellichick is on record talking about how good Tom Brady was in practice and he was just waiting for the right window to get him in the game. 

Brady started his rookie year as 4th string - and by the middle of the year he was 2 and by the end of the year he was getting playing time.

Clearly, Brady showed, in practice, what he was capable of.  

What the coaches see in practice matters.

What Mike White showed in the game got him into the HOF.

What happens in the game matters.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach Wilson 3-10

image.png.ab07a983eab75af10ed8b5412da7d7f6.png

Mike White 1-2 (and got injured very early in the Indy game)

image.png.07c75598df591643d553a70f7bf0d9e1.png

Mike white is a 4th year journeyman who had an int% of 3.8 (!) across 3 starts last year. Just to be clear, you think this helps your case? 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

At this point you're just a troll.  I thought you were better than that.

I'm done.  Good luck with this nonsense.

Are you claiming anything here is not true? If so, what?

Do you think Mike White didn't get into the HOF?

Do you think Mike White got into the HOF for something other than what he did in a game?