If the regime likes Flacco so much

20 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Still waiting for Wilson to have a good game against a quality opponent

The kid was seconds away from beating the defending Superbowl champs while missing 4/5 of his starting OL with Braxton Berrios and Keelan Cole as his top receivers.

Wilson’s first half of the season was mostly horrid before the injury, but I don’t see why so many are denying the substantial growth he displayed over the last 6 games of the season.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The kid was seconds away from beating the defending Superbowl champs while missing 4/5 of his starting OL with Braxton Berrios and Keelan Cole as his top receivers.

Wilson’s first half of the season was mostly horrid before the injury, but I don’t see why so many are denying the substantial growth he displayed over the last 6 games of the season.

He was a rookie. None of his games wowed. He showed flashes. He showed growth. He showed areas where he need to improve.

I think his best game against a quality opponent was Tenn. He had one of his highest completion percentages, his highest yard total, 2TDs, 1INT, highest QB rating, was only sacked once, and most importantly, won the game against a good defense (albeit littered with injuries). 

Yes, Tampa was a close second just because of the level of competition he was facing. 

Also had a good game against Philly despite the blowout loss. 

34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He had a decent game against the Bucs in which the team lost anyway.  Sam Darnold had a better rookie season.  I know Jets fans are still holding out hope that it all clicks for Wilson year 2 but what has he shown?

And Mike White being a better player is nowhere near the stretch as people here are making it out to be.