Twitter RUMOR about Jets Week 1 opponent

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I think the NFL might do it - lots of 2nd year QB talk on NFL media as well.  Probably fueled by lack of interest in the rookie QBs lol.  

That’s another angle I didn’t think of. Battle of the 2nd year QBs. Hoping it’s true but not holding my breath. I think the schedule drops 5/12 so we’ll find out pretty soon. 

• Upvote 1

This would be a complete disaster , I am very optimistic about this upcoming season . The over 5.5 wins is a no brainer and I’ll be betting on us having an outside shot at a 6-7 seed with just average qb play from Wilson BUT can you think of anything more completely deflating than Zach coming out in prime time week 1 against belicheck and getting picked off 4 times while the whole country watches ? It could derail the kid mentally for weeks . I think Zach will be better and I don’t assume he’s going to get killed by Belicheck his whole career but do we need him to start the year against the coach that embarrasses all our young QBs ? Can’t we get in a rythme first before playing the pats ? I honestly can’t think of a worse scenario week 1 than this , I hope it’s not true and I generally love when we get prime time opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Would be exciting, but terrifying at the same time.

I know there's been a lot of optimism about our team, and the fact that we may now be able to beat the Pats but idk. The two worst games we've played in the last few years have been us with a young QB against the Pats. 

Could be a disaster as easy as it could be our best game in ages. 

• Sympathy 1

this could be true.

1. 9-11

2. battle of 2nd year QBs.

3. still is a hated rivalry.

4. lots of buzz about the Jets having a great draft. people will have interest in seeing us play. 

i think this could be true. you can sell us with this draft we just had. with all our 1st and 2nd year players that looks good we are probably seen as an up and coming team. and what better way for us to take that step then to beat our most hated rival.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

This would be a complete disaster , I am very optimistic about this upcoming season . The over 5.5 wins is a no brainer and I’ll be betting on us having an outside shot at a 6-7 seed with just average qb play from Wilson BUT can you think of anything more completely deflating than Zach coming out in prime time week 1 against belicheck and getting picked off 4 times while the whole country watches ? It could derail the kid mentally for weeks . I think Zach will be better and I don’t assume he’s going to get killed by Belicheck his whole career but do we need him to start the year against the coach that embarrasses all our young QBs ? Can’t we get in a rythme first before playing the pats ? I honestly can’t think of a worse scenario week 1 than this , I hope it’s not true and I generally love when we get prime time opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I kinda was leaning this way until I realized this is NEW YORK, if these players think they are future nfl stars and this isn’t the “same ol Jets” prove it!

and what better way to set the tone than to beat up on that cheating, moldy hoodie 

• Upvote 2