Jump to content

Twitter RUMOR about Jets Week 1 opponent


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Would like to start the season with a scrubby NFC team to get our feet wet.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

i agree. i just knew Sam was going to beat us week 1 with Zack playing his 1st pro game and so many rookies. but if we played them later on we would have won.

same thing this year. too many important rookies will need a few games to get there feet wet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Patsies are usually not at their best until after the first 6 weeks or so ... how many years have we seen them look vulnerable early then turn it around mid season and go on a late run that has them in the mix, or the playoffs?

If this is the game then bring it on. Let's see what this Mac Jones kid has. Show him the 2022 Jets are much more dangerous than the 2021 Jets.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What on earth would make anyone here say that the Giants deserve that game more than the JETS... What have they done lately, and what kind of draw would that game get. I don't get it... JETS/PATS seems more of a draw on Sun night than anyone the Giants play, unless we have the NFC East this year, which I haven't checked in which we play each other for the Snoopy Bowl all over again lol...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Would like to start the season with a scrubby NFC team to get our feet wet.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As much as the jets/pats SNF has me excited, I’d love to start against the Bears, lions or Jags. Jets can’t start 1-7 again. They need some wins early. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

What on earth would make anyone here say that the Giants deserve that game more than the JETS... What have they done lately, and what kind of draw would that game get. I don't get it... JETS/PATS seems more of a draw on Sun night than anyone the Giants play, unless we have the NFC East this year, which I haven't checked in which we play each other for the Snoopy Bowl all over again lol...

The last team you want to put on snf right now is the giants, they have no names, no marketable players not even barkley anymore.  Jets/pats does make sense, 2 intriguing 2nd yr qbs in big markets on 9/11 and a rivalry game in a division that buffalo should win but week 1 the records are all the same.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The last team you want to put on snf right now is the giants, they have no names, no marketable players not even barkley anymore.  Jets/pats does make sense, 2 intriguing 2nd yr qbs in big markets on 9/11 and a rivalry game in a division that buffalo should win but week 1 the records are all the same.  

It really doesn’t matter week 1. Whatever game they pick will get ratings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, doitny said:

this could be true.

1. 9-11

2. battle of 2nd year QBs.

3. still is a hated rivalry.

4. lots of buzz about the Jets having a great draft. people will have interest in seeing us play. 

i think this could be true. you can sell us with this draft we just had. with all our 1st and 2nd year players that looks good we are probably seen as an up and coming team. and what better way for us to take that step then to beat our most hated rival.

5. Saleh’s brother worked at the WTC and barely made it out.

I doubt we get the first SNF game, but the storylines do add up

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

110% agree. I just doubt they give the unproven Jets week 1 SNF. Would be insane though. 

Wasn't Saleh's brother's in one of the towers? The Jets with Fireman Ed on live TV would play. As you said our unproven status as a team runs a risk of a blow out but I'd imagine early in the season rating would be much higher for this game than later in the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The last thing the Jets want is to open against BB and a national game.

This team is still super young and added a lot of new pieces.   Would much rather see them open without any more fanfare than necessary.

Ease into the season.

 

True but on the flip aide its also an opportunity to change the narrative and set the tone for the season a little bit. 

Can’t be scared of opportunity.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Literally the only game I wanted to avoid early.

The culture better shift radically this offseason because we’ve been losing this game mentally before we’ve even taken the field more often than not. 

Beating them would be a huge statement but this has a Jets ripping your heart out reality check feeling if there ever was one. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Literally the only game I wanted to avoid early.

The culture better shift radically this offseason because we’ve been losing this game mentally before we’ve even taken the field more often than not. 

Beating them would be a huge statement but this has a Jets ripping your heart out reality check feeling if there ever was one. 

I agree here, I hate this rumor. Can’t have all these good vibes wiped out in a Thanksgiving type massacre. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Honestly Id rather not wait all day Sunday on week 1 to watch the Jets play.  I want the game Sunday 1 pm - win the game and then enjoy the rest of the day watching the other games.

although when the weather is beautiful I prefer 4pm games - still beach weather. Makes for an awesome Sunday - tennis is the AM, beach for a few hours, catch the end of the 1:00 games and then watch at 4 and the night game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

although when the weather is beautiful I prefer 4pm games - still beach weather. Makes for an awesome Sunday - tennis is the AM, beach for a few hours, catch the end of the 1:00 games and then watch at 4 and the night game.

Lol, that’s why I like the 1pm games, especially early in the season when the US is still on DST, and they play at noon for me down here. I watch the Jets at home, then whatever 4pm games are on at the beach bar. Makes for a lovely Sunday, especially on those rare occasions when the Jets win. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

True but on the flip aide its also an opportunity to change the narrative and set the tone for the season a little bit. 

Can’t be scared of opportunity.

Completely agree.

Look, barring any serious injuries - we're going to be coming-out of camp/pre-season super amped up as fans.

It'll be all about how good Zach looks, how much Moore has grown into the role, G. Wilson looks beyond his years - MC and Hall look unstoppable...

etc...it's going to be all of that positive hyperbole - but we also know the reality -  it means nothing until the real games start...

Coming out of week 1 with a win would be huge - coming out of week 1, on a Sunday night - and beating the Pats would be the biggest Jet win since the playoffs 12 years ago.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not believe for a fraction of a second that is true.

The Week 1 SNF matchup is usually one of the most marquee games of the season.

The Jets haven't been on SNF since 2011.

We're gonna get it... Why? Because it's the *checks notes* 21st anniversary of 9/11?

No way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I do not believe for a fraction of a second that is true.

The Week 1 SNF matchup is usually one of the most marquee games of the season.

The Jets haven't been on SNF since 2011.

We're gonna get it... Why? Because it's the *checks notes* 21st anniversary of 9/11?

No way.

It would be fun and exciting until around the 14:05 mark of Q1 when NE is up 10-0.

Jet QBs and prime time (especially vs NE) have not exactly been a good match.

Butt fumble, 45-3, seeing ghosts, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I do not believe for a fraction of a second that is true.

The Week 1 SNF matchup is usually one of the most marquee games of the season.

The Jets haven't been on SNF since 2011.

We're gonna get it... Why? Because it's the *checks notes* 21st anniversary of 9/11?

No way.

Well we were on SNF for the 10th anniversary of 9/11

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Well we were on SNF for the 10th anniversary of 9/11

We were coming off an 11-5 season when we were one game from the Super Bowl. We didn't suck then.

Again, we haven't played on SNF in 11 years. Its the signature marquee game of the week and the NFL/NBC have made it clear we aren't invited.

Why would that suddenly change for the Week 1 game? Because we "won the draft?"

I'll go out on a limb -- we won't play on SNF again in 2022 unless we get flexed in after a shockingly good season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We were coming off an 11-5 season when we were one game from the Super Bowl. We didn't suck then.

Again, we haven't played on SNF in 11 years. Its the signature marquee game of the week and the NFL/NBC have made it clear we aren't invited.

Why would that suddenly change for the Week 1 game? Because we "won the draft?"

I'll go out on a limb -- we won't play on SNF again in 2022 unless we get flexed in after a shockingly good season.

I think you are too much from the millenial school of thought that markets and population of those markets no longer matter.  That's why NBA ratings are in the tank because ABC/Disney and Adam Silver think everyone wants to watch the Utah Jazz vs. Memphis playoff games.  

 

New York City is North America's biggest tv market by far.  We have the most people.  The most dedicated hardcore fans.  The most potential eyes on the screen for the live event they are selling ad revenue for.  We also have a wealthier fanbase than most NFL teams.  The Jets on week 1 SNF makes more sense than by week 7 when we are 1-6 again and Zach Wilson is benched.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I think you are too much from the millenial school of thought that markets and population of those markets no longer matter.  That's why NBA ratings are in the tank because ABC/Disney and Adam Silver think everyone wants to watch the Utah Jazz vs. Memphis playoff games.  

 

New York City is North America's biggest tv market by far.  We have the most people.  The most dedicated hardcore fans.  The most potential eyes on the screen for the live event they are selling ad revenue for.  We also have a wealthier fanbase than most NFL teams.  The Jets on week 1 SNF makes more sense than by week 7 when we are 1-6 again and Zach Wilson is benched.

Markets matter in sports that aren't wildly popular nationally.

If you think the Jets are some surefire ratings draw -- why haven't they been on SNF since 2011?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If indeed the Patriots week 1, hold off on playing Breece and Carter in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games and make sure they are as fresh as can be. Play bully ball against the Patriots D, that way Bill can't be creative with his secondary and confuse Zach which opens up play action and legit one on one coverage which are not disguises.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...