Twitter RUMOR about Jets Week 1 opponent

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I do not believe for a fraction of a second that is true.

The Week 1 SNF matchup is usually one of the most marquee games of the season.

The Jets haven't been on SNF since 2011.

We're gonna get it... Why? Because it's the *checks notes* 21st anniversary of 9/11?

No way.

Actually you’re wrong. It’s that Thursday night game that is the most marquee matchup of season. It’s usually the Super bowl champs vs a high profile opponent 

35 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Actually you’re wrong. It’s that Thursday night game that is the most marquee matchup of season. It’s usually the Super bowl champs vs a high profile opponent 

How am I wrong? I didn't say it was the most marquee matchup of the season... So not really sure what you're arguing. "Usually one of the most marquee matchups of the season." It usually is.

Genuinely baffled by people doing mental gymnastics to explain why a team that hasn't been featured in the "game of the week" in 11 years is going to be in the "game of the week" Week 1 coming off a 4-13 season.

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It would be fun and exciting until around the 14:05 mark of Q1 when NE is up 10-0.

Jet QBs and prime time (especially vs NE) have not exactly been a good match.

Butt fumble, 45-3, seeing ghosts, etc. 

Just haven’t had a good qb in over a decade.  Prime time doesn’t factor in to it

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Where do you see this

Just from what I’m seeing on Twitter so it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I might be getting the teams confused but the NFL released the eagles week 2 opponent and announced it as their home opener. The bills week 2 opponent was released and nfl did not state it was their home opener, leading you to believe week 1 they are home. Silly, but people trying to piece it together. 

4 hours ago, BradSmith16fan said:

If indeed the Patriots week 1, hold off on playing Breece and Carter in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games and make sure they are as fresh as can be. Play bully ball against the Patriots D, that way Bill can't be creative with his secondary and confuse Zach which opens up play action and legit one on one coverage which are not disguises.

Makes sense.

This is where we need to have all the Oline together with the top 5 in place and playing all the snaps during camp.  Last year in game 1, first play it looked like they all forgot what they were doing out there because none of the starters played in the preseason at all.  Sure, rotate some of these new kids in and around, but otherwise I want the starting 5 becoming a UNIT together hanging out and dancing, or going go-karting. Maybe doing some white water rafting, but whatever it is, do it as a group!

46 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Just from what I’m seeing on Twitter so it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I might be getting the teams confused but the NFL released the eagles week 2 opponent and announced it as their home opener. The bills week 2 opponent was released and nfl did not state it was their home opener, leading you to believe week 1 they are home. Silly, but people trying to piece it together. 

The NFL does a nice job of making this some sort of event, given that something like 14 of those opponents are known years in advance. Still, I suspect that Amazon Thursday Night package is gonna be some good matchups this season, lol. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Markets matter in sports that aren't wildly popular nationally.

If you think the Jets are some surefire ratings draw -- why haven't they been on SNF since 2011?

The Jets have been atrocious last 12 years.  That said, everyone has the same record week 1 and we have the biggest tv market and probably the wealthiest fanbase in the entire league

I’ve been watching this team for 35+ years. I’m not young lol. Just tired of people running from the hoodie. Talent wise, they’re nothing to be afraid of. If the jets want to be anywhere, they need to stand up and win a damn AFCE game right out of the gate. 

Running from the hoodie ? We have to play them twice a year regardless , with our recent history of total embarrassment and disaster in games vs the pats I’m just saying can we not play them week 1 in prime time and maybe week 3-4 in prime time would be nice when all of our rookies , 2nd , 3rd year guys and all the new FA adds have played a couple of weeks together ? That’s all I ask … I hate the pats so much it’s in my name for Christ sake but we can beat them any 2 weeks of the year , I don’t need to see it week 1 before we’re in any kind of rhythm

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Death2NE said:

Running from the hoodie ? We have to play them twice a year regardless , with our recent history of total embarrassment and disaster in games vs the pats I’m just saying can we not play them week 1 in prime time and maybe week 3-4 in prime time would be nice when all of our rookies , 2nd , 3rd year guys and all the new FA adds have played a couple of weeks together ? That’s all I ask … I hate the pats so much it’s in my name for Christ sake but we can beat them any 2 weeks of the year , I don’t need to see it week 1 before we’re in any kind of rhythm

You guys say what you want about rex but he beat the pats with Geno Smith as his qb

Or we kill SOJ once and for all and make the world watch. I’m not for cowering to the hoodie any more. Let’s see what our jets are made of. 

And also , let’s get real for a second , a week 1 win vs the pats doesn’t kill SOJ once and for all lol … Rex and sanchez did it in week 2 in their first year in probably the loudest game I’ve been to in my life , then belicheck went on to embarrass every young qb we’ve had since then multiple times over . I’ll take week 1 prime time literally against anyone else in the league I’d just rather this team with many new pieces get a couple games under their belt before one of the best defensive minds in the history of the game gets us before they’ve ever played together

20 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

The Jets have been atrocious last 12 years.  That said, everyone has the same record week 1 and we have the biggest tv market and probably the wealthiest fanbase in the entire league

So you think it's coincidence we haven't appear on the broadcast in over a decade?