Jump to content

Who is your favorite Jets' YouTube talk show?


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Personally for me it’s Let’s Talk Jets by a wide margin. 
 

always felt like those dudes would be my boys to hang out with if I lived closer. Have gotten to know and meet up with Tyson over the past couple months as well. 
 

When it comes to all the other shows there are things I love, and things that gripe me a bit, but I support them all because it’s made working from home so much easier and fun to have the shows playing in the background. 
 

I hate when people beg for likes. I understand why they do it, but in my opinion their quality speaks for itself…it’s only when you hear them  saying “smash the like button” or “Theresa XXXX amount of you here, you can do better than this”. It makes it really cheesy.  But that’s just me. 
 

respect to all the content creators, big or small, repping our fan base. I wish for success for all of them. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

None..

I dunno how you can listen to a 1 team oriented podcast or YouTube channel. It's basically team propaganda.

I can only speak for myself but my channel started because I was sick of the hatred ESPN threw the Jets way. Too many talking heads that are just reading cue cards or box scores without game context.

Personally I like that I can voice a controversial opinion or be brash and don't have to worry about tip toeing around sponsors guidelines.

As for the team propaganda bit, there is definitely a more positive spin because of bias' but there is plenty of doom and gloom if that's your cup of tea too. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where's Mangold & Sanchez?

 

 

For me they are in a separate catagory. Doubt they are doing it for free or pennies, doubt they are using their own equipment, and more of a possible agenda trying to stay relavent in an industry where many former players want in on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Comparing Rich Eisen to some of these dudes in their mom's basement doesn't feel right.

Fixed. He doesn't belong in this category. Thanks for the feedback, LMAO!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Youtube has made my job soooooo much harder and frustrating. There is so much bad information out there.

We live in a world where some people are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year....if not millions...because people pay to WATCH them play video games online.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

For me they are in a separate catagory. Doubt they are doing it for free or pennies, doubt they are using their own equipment, and more of a possible agenda trying to stay relavent in an industry where many former players want in on. 

Eisen is on the list by the OP, so they belong too IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not YouTube, but the best stuff is happening on twitter at The Jet Lounge. The guests include almost every major beat writer including Cimini, ex Jets like Tony Richardson (a regular), Braylon Edwards, Damien Woody, Leger Douzable. Mike Devito, national guys like Will Parkinson and former organization members like Connie Carberg. Also members of the Jet family like Kelli Rausch (Gastineau's sister)

They're getting thousands of people into their spaces. Almost all of the major YouTube guys come on as well like Greenbean, Boy Green, Jake Asman etc.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Thanks JN, just my opinion. I like Eison of all the national media guys

Exactly, the whole thread it’s based on opinions.  Interesting is there will never be a consensus agreement.  Which is fine

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Who is your favorite Jets' YouTube talk show?

None.  I don't consume Jets content on Youtube.

Youtube is for conspiracy theories, internet mysteries, politics, gaming videos and news and help, music and guitars.  And whatever else floats into my feed.

But oddly, not the Jets.

This forum is my only real internet-based Jets outlet.  I don't even read the NY papers nor am I on Twatter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i dont listen to any of them.

i mean i might have listened once or twice before the draft if they were talking about something i was interested in. but now that its over what are they going to tell me? another Deebo trade? what if we drafted this guy instead of that guy? i get that here and at least i can see other opinions on the subject and reply to them. 

now during the season was different. i watch that Aussie guy just to watch Zacks throws to slow motion them to see if the WR dropped it, if it was catchable and so on. 

i also watched the guy who posted the all 22s. again i was trying to get a closer look to see what JD and Saleh are seeing. to see if its Zachs fault on some plays or not. hopefully this year i wont need to look at these videos cause Zach played well enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assman gets good guest, Tyson and play like a jet shows on podcast is entertaining  for different reasons. And the rest of the list is meh.. 

thing is dont really care to watch regular jets fans give there opinion. I get enough of that on here and jets twitter..  but the shows that have real guest where u can learns things like inside info or sourced info. Always catch my interest.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I love this forum but this is ignorant. 

ignorant: destitute of knowledge or education; lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified; 
resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence; unaware, uninformed

How so? How would watching YouTubes make me not "ignorant"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

ignorant: destitute of knowledge or education; lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified; 
resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence; unaware, uninformed

How so? How would watching YouTubes make me not "ignorant"?

You said that this forum was the only "real" internet-based Jets outlet. 

You mentioned twitter. The Jet Lounge has had just about every one of the team's beat writers, numerous former players, former scouts, etc. Is that not real? Who here is more "real"? So yes, ignorant as I don't think you're aware of what's going on there.

It was started as a way to bring Jet fans together and it's just taking off. I would never want to make this about this site vs the lounge because I'm a huge fan of Phil and would do anything I could to help promote the site and never disparage it. We're all family. This is like home to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Not my favorite  as well. However, he wanted Thibs like most Jets fans and predicted the Giants taking him if we didn't. I give him credit for that

 

Hardworking guy and does a nice job with his format.


Overconfidence in his opinions nails it.

He was extremely dismissive of taking RB in second round.  Indicated that the Jets shouldn’t do it… After the draft, his tune has shifted to “he didn’t think the Jets would do it.”  It’s a minor thing but… prefer content creators who own their takes

One of his other over-confident takes is that Mims will be off the team.  He might be right but too locked in on the hot take.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Assman gets good guest, Tyson and play like a jet shows on podcast is entertaining  for different reasons. And the rest of the list is meh.. 

thing is dont really care to watch regular jets fans give there opinion. I get enough of that on here and jets twitter..  but the shows that have real guest where u can learns things like inside info or sourced info. Always catch my interest.

Boy Green has been really great about getting unique guests with either a national perspective, or an in depth perspective on players. (YouTube channel)

Absolutely hate his click bait articles on “Heavy” as a digital writer.  Probably turns people off of his YouTube channel.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You said that this forum was the only "real" internet-based Jets outlet. 

You mentioned twitter. The Jet Lounge has had just about every one of the team's beat writers, numerous former players, former scouts, etc. Is that not real? Who here is more "real"?

It was started as a way to bring Jet fans together and it's just taking off. I would never want to make this about this site vs the lounge because I'm a huge fan of Phil and would do anything I could to help promote the site and never disparage it. We're all family. This is like home to me. 

Yes, that's correct, is is MY only real internet-based outlet for Jets stuff.   Not "the", my.

When I want Jets talk, news or analysis, I come here. 

Of course I have ESPN, Pro Football Reference and the Jets own site as well.   

Not really sure how any of this makes me ignorant tho. :-k  

JN posters post the news and tweets that matter (i.e. actual Jets news), almost instantly most days.  I can't fathom any reason why I'd want or need to be on Twitter (or other social media), for the Jets or anything else for that matter. 

I also don't really care much about "beat writers" or their opinions, especially NY beat writers.  Most beat writers are trash, frankly, and NY media is the trashiest trash of them all.  The best and most interesting bits gets reposted here, so again, not really sure why I'm ignorant as you see it.

I have no idea what this "lounge" you're talking about is, but if my introduction to it and it's community is me being called "ignorant" for not watching some nobodies on YouTube or not being on twitter ffs, it's not a great first impression tbqh.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, that's correct, is is MY only real internet-based outlet for Jets stuff.   Not "the", my.

When I want Jets talk, news or analysis, I come here. 

Of course I have ESPN, Pro Football Reference and the Jets own site as well.   

Not really sure how any of this makes me ignorant tho. :-k  

JN posters post the news and tweets that matter (i.e. actual Jets news), almost instantly most days.  I can't fathom any reason why I'd want or need to be on Twitter (or other social media), for the Jets or anything else for that matter. 

I also don't really care much about "beat writers" or their opinions, especially NY beat writers.  Most beat writers are trash, frankly, and NY media is the trashiest trash of them all.  The best and most interesting bits gets reposted here, so again, not really sure why I'm ignorant as you see it.

I have no idea what this "lounge" you're talking about is, but if my introduction to it and it's community is me being called "ignorant" for not watching some nobodies on YouTube or not being on twitter ffs, it's not a great first impression tbqh.

I read "my" as "the". Apologies. The Lounge is great, though. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

We live in a world where some people are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year....if not millions...because people pay to WATCH them play video games online.

 

 

I’ll never understand this, but I don’t hold it against anyone. Folks gotta get theirs however they can. It’s the ones who do their best to sound like they know what they’re doing but absolutely do not. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These shows were good to begin with but once people start taking themselves too seriously they become insufferable...The Let's Talk Jets guys are the best of the bunch at having self awareness but that's not saying much.  

29 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You said that this forum was the only "real" internet-based Jets outlet. 

You mentioned twitter. The Jet Lounge has had just about every one of the team's beat writers, numerous former players, former scouts, etc. Is that not real? Who here is more "real"? So yes, ignorant as I don't think you're aware of what's going on there.

It was started as a way to bring Jet fans together and it's just taking off. I would never want to make this about this site vs the lounge because I'm a huge fan of Phil and would do anything I could to help promote the site and never disparage it. We're all family. This is like home to me. 

You sound like you need to get out more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

None.  I don't consume Jets content on Youtube.

Youtube is for conspiracy theories, internet mysteries, politics, gaming videos and news and help, music and guitars.  And whatever else floats into my feed.

But oddly, not the Jets.

This forum is my only real internet-based Jets outlet.  I don't even read the NY papers nor am I on Twatter.

Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

ignorant: destitute of knowledge or education; lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified; 
resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence; unaware, uninformed

How so? How would watching YouTubes make me not "ignorant"?

Is it really inconceivable that among the over 800 million videos on YouTube, some of them contain educational material?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is it really inconceivable that among the over 800 million videos on YouTube, some of them contain educational material?

On the contrary, YouTube has some amazing channels full of great educational opportunities/resources. 

Hell, half my cooking skills come from watching YouTube, lol.

But Jets Fan talk?  Given how much time I spend here at JN, no, I don't think I'm missing much honestly.  The bulk of what I've seen on YT in re: Jets is just guys like us talking the same sh*t we talk here.  Don't think I'm missing much, especially since some folks re-post YT stuff here as well.  When it comes to the Jets, like Politics, I tend to prefer the written word.  

To each their own.  I still don't think I'm "ignorant" for skipping Fan videos given the breadth and quality of discussion here.  Are Jets Fans who don't come to JN also "ignorant" then, or just those who skip fan-content on YouTube and Twitter?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green bean is my favorite, passionate and a knowledgeable dude, even though I find myself not agreeing with everything he says. 

The worst is boy Green, guy is just loud and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Also not funny. Sorry if you read this board, gave it a fair shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...