Mike Florio cautions Jet Fans against unwarranted optimism

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dear God the media has done nothing but gone out of their way to rain our little post-draft enjoyment parade.

God forbid we are universally praised for something positive. 

The funny thing is the Pats had what most would say was a horror show for a draft, yet nobody is saying anything about that. 

• Upvote 3

Clearly, there's reason for optimism. Obviously, the team still needs to play, gain experience, and get better. Fortunately the Jets finally have, on paper, a solid/functional roster composed primarily of young aspiring players. Unfortunately, they all need experience as individuals, and as a team on the field before they become a great team. At least they should be fun to watch, and inspire some genuine hope they'll get better. As opposed to wondering how many over priced retreads are going to be cut as soon as another losing season has ended.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion there’s zero pressure on this team to win this coming season. As long as they are a competitive team, the win loss record is not gonna matter this year for the most part. Play competitive football and hope that Wilson takes the next step up. What can you really expect with all these new pieces. 

• Upvote 1

You guys man ..... What's with all the hate for Florio !

We're not talking about Florio's Sidekick efffing Peter King. The God Damn Giant Homer ! Talking up Kadarius Toney liker he is Lance Alworth. Dude has NEVER said a nice word about the Jets. Now THERE is a guy I'd like to apply a hot branding iron to his face.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Mike Florio devoted a segment of his show Monday Morning question the attitude among Jet Fans expecting a big jump in the Jets Win-Loss record in 2022 is unwarranted. The crux of the segment is the strength of the AFC. This includes the Jets' Division Rivals in the AFC East. As Florio and Chris Simms outlined there are no easy marks in the Division.

F uck you, Mike... R.gif.78a6331091d1b8b2006461390c5df40c.gif

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, LockeJET said:

In my opinion there’s zero pressure on this team to win this coming season. As long as they are a competitive team, the win loss record is not gonna matter this year for the most part. Play competitive football and hope that Wilson takes the next step up. What can you really expect with all these new pieces. 

Let's just show the world we're not a bunch of horses' asses! :D  

16 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Mike Florio devoted a segment of his show Monday Morning question the attitude among Jet Fans expecting a big jump in the Jets Win-Loss record in 2022 is unwarranted. The crux of the segment is the strength of the AFC. This includes the Jets' Division Rivals in the AFC East. As Florio and Chris Simms outlined there are no easy marks in the Division.

I'm surprised that POS  even mentioned the Jets. He only seems to mention Colin Kapecrap in every article or harp his book, that's not doing well at all. . Never saw a writer so off base with nearly everything he writes. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm surprised that POS  even mentioned the Jets. He only seems to mention Colin Kapecrap in every article or harp his book, that's not doing well at all. . Never saw a writer so off base with nearly everything he writes. 

Take me inside the thought process where you really want to shoehorn crap into somebody's name but fail to come up with Crapernick here. I'm enthralled.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, faba said:

He does not have to tell Jet fans to be pessimistic- mind your business Florio

What he actually said was I expect this offense to be good and this team to be much better than it was last year but the aafc is brutal for the results might not necessarily show that much of a difference in the win-loss column.

19 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Any Jets fan who doesn’t realize the gauntlet that is the AFC is gonna be really difficult to navigate is a fool this is a Captain Obvious Take.

I’m optimistic for improvement I don’t have SB hopes nor Playoff hopes to be honest, I have hopes of being the team that took the next step towards being a playoff team on 2023 that seems realistic to anyone IMO with what the Jets have done the last 2 seasons.

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agree.  The right side of his brain concocts a story and then publishes it for the left side of his brain.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Lupz27 said:

Any Jets fan who doesn’t realize the gauntlet that is the AFC is gonna be really difficult to navigate is a fool this is a Captain Obvious Take.

I’m optimistic for improvement I don’t have SB hopes nor Playoff hopes to be honest, I have hopes of being the team that took the next step towards being a playoff team on 2023 that seems realistic to anyone IMO with what the Jets have done the last 2 seasons.

If Wilson shapes up into anything approximating a franchise QB, they have enough talent to win ten games and perhaps earn a wild card.  That is based on the offensive roster.  Plenty of manpower now especially if we get the surprise of surprises and Becton comes to work.   The defense is probably going to be weak at the second level, but they can score enough points to stay above water IF Wilson works out.  

If Wilson continues to struggle, they will win about 6 games.  Then, it will be off to the QB rich 2023 draft to look for the QB of the future.  

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Imagine waking up and telling a fanbase before the season and after a highly regarded draft class  that they are idiots for having hope that a team will play well. 

JoJo every team "wins" the draft ! I didn't see a grade lower than B for all 32 teams this year. I expect the only NY Jet 1st round draft pick to be designated a starter on Week 1 as of Pre-Training Camp will be Sauce. JJ has a 50/50 chance of Starting but he will have to prove it in Camp against some experienced Veterans. I would not be surprised to see Jacob Martin starting at Defensive End Week 1. As to Garrett Wilson forget it. Barring injury the starting Wide Receivers for Week 1 will be Corey David and Elijah Moore. Breece Hall has a good shot (50/50) at starting Week 1 but he will also have to earn it. Michael Carter will be designated as Top RB on the Depth Chart and Hall will have to knock him off.

So for all of the guys the Jets Drafted only 2 will earn starting positions for Week 1

if this team can get 6-7-8 wins and and the majority of the losses are competitive.....my expectations will have been met. This team is still young and needs to learn to play together. My expectations will be a wildcard contender in 2023. If we see growth, competitiveness, and some good player development, the 2022 season will be a success.