Sauce Gardner contract taxes getting attention?

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tell me where the most immigrants are without telling me...

The literacy rate has nothing to do with school funding, tax rates, or how much teachers get paid, it's all about demographics.  

Here are the states with the highest literacy rates:

New Hampshire (94.20%)

Minnesota (94.00%)

North Dakota (93.70%)

Vermont (93.40%)

South Dakota (93.00%)

Nebraska (92.70%)

Wisconsin (92.70%)

Maine (92.60%)

The comment was made regarding reading skills in Mississippi- just a false Northeast perspective. Comment had nothing to do with taxes roads etc. 

Illegal or legal immigrants without saying

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

You're friends with Nat King Cole ?   Opps, he's passed, and before anyone makes fun of me, he's the best Male vocalist of all time, so don't think I'm making fun of him. I met the man way back when I was a kid growing up in NJ. 

My father loved Nat King Cole, would say the same things about him when I was a kid.  I grew up hearing his voice and music blasting through the house on Saturdays.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:
11 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:
What would the number be if he played for Miami ?

Only 4 game diff .. you pay where you play

Except most of his money will come in the form of his signing bonus...Regardless I do not feel bad for him. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Sauce should require the Jets to pay him his full signing bonus in BitCoin. Then leave the country and play out his career Samalia for 3 goats and 2 chickens a year.

Cause crypto is really killin it lately…

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My father loved Nat King Cole, would say the same things about him when I was a kid.  I grew up hearing his voice and music blasting through the house on Saturdays.  

One of the smoothest effortless voices you will ever hear. I grew up listening to Sinatra and was fortunate enough to see him in concert several times however, 3 underrated singers/voices are Nat King Cole, Vic Damone and Dean Martin., .

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

That's why I support a 10% federal flat tax.  Jesus, it's so simple and yet no one will push it.  

State taxes are bs, so glad we don't have them in TN.

And we still have a choice of paper or plastic.

image.thumb.png.9aa2b975eacbf84a58a21ca2175cebf7.png

No state is tax free.  They get you one way or the other.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Just saying….

States with the Lowest Literacy Rates

1. California

California's 23.1% of adults lacking basic prose literacy skills make California have the lowest literacy rate of 76.9%. The state of California and the state Department of Education are being blamed and sued for the failing literacy rate, as families and students believe that they are not receiving a quality education in reading and writing.

2. New York

New York has the second-highest percentage of adults lacking basic prose literacy skills of 22.1%, equaling a literacy rate of 77.9%. Despite this, New York has the ninth-highest percentage of adults with Bachelor's degrees or higher of 35.7%.

3. Florida

Florida has the third-highest percentage of adults lacking basic prose literacy skills of 19.7%, equaling a literacy rate of 80.3%. Florida has the lowest number of public libraries per 100,000 residents of 2.6.

4. Texas

Texas has the fourth-lowest literacy rate of 81.0%, with 19.0% of adults lacking basic prose literacy skills. Texas has the fourth-lowest number of libraries of 3.2 per 100,000 residents.

5. New Jersey

The fifth-lowest literacy rate in the United Statesis in New Jersey, where 16.9% of adults lack basic prose literacy skills, and 83.1% are literate. Despite this, 38.6% of New Jersey adults have a Bachelor's degree or higher, the country's fifth-highest. Additionally, New Jersey also has the third-best public schools.

Considering these are English literacy rates and this also looks quite a bit like the states with the highest non-native English speakers, I'd say this list isn't exactly what you're "just sayin."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

but here is the genius of the plastic bag ban. I now have close to 30 of the accepted bags in the trunk of my car because i constantly have to buy new ones because i forget to bring them in the store with me. So instead of the store buying the plastic bags for less than 1 cent apiece, i pay 99 cents per bag every trip to the store.

And the best part of all of this is the 99cent bag that is acceptable is made of you guessed it - plastic.

Can't fix stupid.

I forget to bring my bag all the time.  I put my groceries back in the cart and take them to my car and put them in the reusable bags I left in the car.  I'm pretty stupid and figured that out.  

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I forget to bring my bag all the time.  I put my groceries back in the cart and take them to my car and put them in the reusable bags I left in the car.  I'm pretty stupid and figured that out.  

so what you are saying is can't fix stupid actually applies to me.

I can accept that

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

so what you are saying is can't fix stupid actually applies to me.

I can accept that

It took me a year after moving back to CT from AZ to figure it out.  CT charges .05 for a paper bag at the check out.  I'm at the self service line with my 10 items.  The fing machine requires me to put every item in their bin not a bag before I can scan another item.  At the end they ask how many bags.  I figure since I'm packing my own bag why pay.  I'm a cheap bastard.  It worked.  I also feel very WOK and never feel guilty throwing trash out my car window or spitting in the street because I re-use.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This represents the I-90 corridor between Rochester and Buffalo, which is basically Bartertown. 

cc: @Pac

Not sure if his chart is accurate but that is correct!  There are innumerable shanty towns between larger cities that are filled with the walking dead.  

Hell where you went to college looks like the town in the Tom Cruise movie All the Right Moves.

When I was a kid living in Brooklyn, Sinatra was the man.  My father obviously like him but Nat was his guy.  Also was a big Tony Bennett fan who I was lucky enough to sit next to on a flight from LA to NY.  

Youre right about Vic Damone and Dean Martin, very underrated.  I think Martins comedic days and playing the swavey crooner kept people from thinking of him as high as some of his contemporaries 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Trotter said:

One of the smoothest effortless voices you will ever hear. I grew up listening to Sinatra and was fortunate enough to see him in concert several times however, 3 underrated singers/voices are Nat King Cole, Vic Damone and Dean Martin., .

All had a much better voices than Sinatra.  Sinatra was a master at tempo and phrasing.  Pure genius.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

All had a much better voices than Sinatra.  Sinatra was a master at tempo and phrasing.  Pure genius.  

If my deceased mother ever heard me say that I agree with you - she would be spinning - Sinatra was her guy and yes she was one of the paramount theater girls that would scream for him.

Vic Damone singing on the street where you live is so pure it just puts you in a special place for a few minutes.

One of my favorite Martin songs which he is not well know for at all is money burns a whole in my pocket.

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

image.thumb.png.9e0fbf86fc20eaeee3ac3ab7a17f72e2.png

image.png.5ca2b872caf897c306ac5340805a028c.png

image.png.6857fe6f157476f6d9eb8a780ab6d70f.png

image.thumb.png.0404d425d4e178b5c6b7f087d598a6cb.png

image.thumb.png.294673fe0c568d3aa3860cc653720623.png

image.png.dab54dc7d280e1c7eb85cdb8496c2ae2.png

053d859e70d552a61f44c6779e92d20b_crop_ex

image.png.c49fce6616c670bfbd9235d95ed0abac.png

image.png.ef4b060331bd64f980b96d4406dfcd43.png

image.thumb.png.838cbf493479112e5ae9b0f4fbff0135.png

image.png.e2e0c608ecc80872c67a6330dc4fa50b.png

image.thumb.png.c652729833293d203264587700ad0432.png

image.png.ca3937acb3395c4fa9a8c063712b6e5c.png

The level of wrong is astonishing!  And these are just some that don't also include Peyton.

i forgot about alot of these. ok im wrong about that, but this also proves my point. these are all national so i think he gets these even if he won 2 SBs in Denver or anywhere else but NY.

13 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

EXACTLY!!! Cali players get hit the hardest in the league but somehow you never here that mentioned when discussing where players want to go.

It's NOT just the money why players dont want to come here.

Its the losing and the weather. If we won a hell of a lot more they can make boatloads more money here in the tristate area through endorsements. 

I know lol.  If NFL and NBA players were so worried about state income taxes why are they all falling over eachother to sign deals with teams like the Rams, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, 49ers etc

The players still pay state taxes on states they play away games in

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Amazingly... the condition of Florida's highways are way better than NJ ... the highest taxed state.

Florida utilizes a toll system.  So does NJ for 95 and the parkway.  But Florida is still charging people money plus they have to borrow billions in bonds

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

The comment was made regarding reading skills in Mississippi- just a false Northeast perspective. Comment had nothing to do with taxes roads etc. 

Illegal or legal immigrants without saying

You think people in MS know how to read?  Lol that's cute

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Hmmm, what if the athlete forms an LLC for (whatever reason you can come up with) and then pays the agent as an LLC expense?

Im sure a lot of that happens with the bigger athletes and endorsement money, appearance fees.   But I have not heard or seen of any team athletes being paid as an LLC.  Don't think the teams would do that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You think people in MS know how to read?  Lol that's cute

They may know how to read but they don't know how to earn money.  Lowest per capita rate in the country.  You can be illeterate in NJ and still afford an accountant to do your taxes.  

Federal tax is 37%. Everybody gets to enjoy that beating. 

NJ tax is about 9%. That applies to half the salary. Other half is based on where we end up playing our away schedule. 

Difference is basically 5% of your annual income compared to a state where there is no income tax (Texas). That’s less that. $2mil difference over the life of the contract, which can be very easily recouped with marketing 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

NJ tax is about 9%. That applies to half the salary. Other half is based on where we end up playing our away schedule. 

Difference is basically 5% of your annual income compared to a state where there is no income tax (Texas). That’s less that. $2mil difference over the life of the contract, which can be very easily recouped with marketing 

~17% of his contract is paid out of state on road games; ~83% of it's paid in NJ.

It's half his salary but it's not nearly about half the contract amount.

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

So this is almost accurate.  In NJ, he will be taxed on ALL federal income of course.  The states where he is "also taxed", depending on where those games are played,  he gets a credit for those taxes paid.

Let's use a simple example, Player W2 =$1,000,000.    80 percent played in NJ(lets call it 9 percent rate), 10 percent in Florida (no tax), 10 percent in Georgia (Lets call it 6 percent).

He pays Fed Tax, let's call it $300,000.

He pays   GA Tax of let's call it  6,000 ($100,000 * .06)

He pays NO Florida tax

He is "charged" 90,000 of NJ tax,($1 million * .09) THEN.... takes a credit for the $6,000 paid to GA.  SO.. in effect, he pays the NJ rate on all games. If he plays in CA , he will pay that rate.

In this example, he pays $84K to NJ and 6K to GA.

Can be very complex. 

40 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So this is almost accurate.  In NJ, he will be taxed on ALL federal income of course.  The states where he is "also taxed", depending on where those games are played,  he gets a credit for those taxes paid.

Let's use a simple example, Player W2 =$1,000,000.    80 percent played in NJ(lets call it 9 percent rate), 10 percent in Florida (no tax), 10 percent in Georgia (Lets call it 6 percent).

He pays Fed Tax, let's call it $300,000.

He pays   GA Tax of let's call it  6,000 ($100,000 * .06)

He pays NO Florida tax

He is "charged" 90,000 of NJ tax,($1 million * .09) THEN.... takes a credit for the $6,000 paid to GA.  SO.. in effect, he pays the NJ rate on all games. If he plays in CA , he will pay that rate.

In this example, he pays $84K to NJ and 6K to GA.

Can be very complex. 

No it’s not complex actually. I did not know NJ wanted tax on all income and credit tax paid elsewhere. So essentially he will end up paying 9-10% NJ tax all across the year. That’s about $3mil in NJ tax over the life. While other players would pay based on where they play and may end up paying say $1mil on average instead of 3mil in NJ. Not the end of the world when you’re talking about 30 mil but it does take a hit for the mega contracts. 

• Upvote 1

IB4TLibertarians

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

• Upvote 1