Who Ya'll Want Week One?!

10 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

I would want a home game against either Chicago or Jax… would like the chance to get off to a good start

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We face NFC North, AFC North and 1 NFC West team on top of divisional games. 
Give me Detroit! Hutchinson / JJ comparison

2022 Opponents
Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks

2 minutes ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Any old timers remember when Neil ODonnell threw for 5 TDs in Seattle week 1? I’d like something along those lines. 

That was parcell's first game.  You knew this was not the SOJ with him at the helm after that performance.

Fast forward 16 weeks to the Leon Johnson hb option play vs the lions that was intercepted and kept us out of the players.  That one still hurts.

• Upvote 3

If I had to face anyone in the AFCE, its definitely the Dolphins.  The loss of a coach forces a reshuffling of strategy and an adjustement period (they are also learning a new OL scheme). 

Later in the year, they will start to gel, and they out talent us, so I don't like our chances, but I think they can be had early.

6 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Any old timers remember when Neil ODonnell threw for 5 TDs in Seattle week 1? I’d like something along those lines. 

Loved that game....after so many years of crap....Went to a sports bar with a long time fan who happened to be a Seahawks fan....great fun...LMAO

6 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Give me the pats. They not ready for this jelly. We'll catch them totally off guard by giving them zero tape to study on this new offense. Throw in a revamped defense that will get after Mac, i think we land a surprise knockout

lol...has anyone been watching the last 20 years?   If we open with the Pats, BB will make us his bit**...again.  Other than winning without Brady, his whole purpose in life is to embarass the Jets.   Give him a whole preseason to gameplan.....ugh.....I'd rather play the Pats after we have a few games under our belt.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, pajet said:

lol...has anyone been watching the last 20 years?   If we open with the Pats, BB will make us his bit**...again.  Other than winning without Brady, his whole purpose in life is to embarass the Jets.   Give him a whole preseason to gameplan.....ugh.....I'd rather play the Pats after we have a few games under our belt.   

The Pats, despite losing McDaniels has amongst the highest continuity of any team in the NFL.  They almost always win their first few games, simply b/c they are better prepared.  (Or rather I should say, most teams are a complete #$@!show early on in the modern NFL season).

Also, given their qbs decided struggles in the cold (and comparing and contrasting his warm weather stats), we definitely want to play them late in the year.

10 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Loved that game as well. From Kotite  to Parcels was like the outhouse to the penthouse. It was like watching a different franchise!

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That was parcell's first game.  You knew this was not the SOJ with him at the helm after that performance.

Fast forward 16 weeks to the Leon Johnson hb option play vs the lions that was intercepted and kept us out of the players.  That one still hurts.

That was the game that helped bring back instant replay. Too late for us though, we would have made a whole lot of noise in the Playoffs

Really should be a home opener this year considering we've opened on the road the past 2 and 4 of the last 5 years. Bears, Jags, or Lions would be ideal, though I have a feeling either Bears or Jags will be a Thursday night game (bad teams from last year that they can run with the 2nd year QB matchup storyline). If it's a division game, give me Miami at home with all of their roster/coaching turnover. Should also mean we won't play them down in Miami until the weather cools off a bit.

given that it is 9/11 I can see the rumors being true and we open Sunday night. The Pats make sense for more of a national draw. I think last time 9/11 fell on a sunday the Giants opened at home and the time before that we opened against the Cowboys.