Seattle's 31st pick vs Atlanta's 47th pick In The Draft

YJF

Keep Abe and send 'em bryan Thomas and then later play dumb and go "oh yeah but that guy is also a DE and a 1st round pick so why don't you just keep him since he's already there, he's fast, dude trust me he's better than Abe and it's too complicated at this point to do anything about it" Then trade Abe to another team for their first. That's how ya rebuild.

yes, the nfl is all about popularity(and money). if you franchise him again as you say you do, and you refuse to trade him, what fa in his right mind would want to play for a team that does that to his own players? Cutting a player is one thing, toying with him is a whole nother'...

The NFL is about winning and money. Don't make me school your ass in this thread too. The verbal thrashing I gave you and your buddy in the other thread was bad enough, and with YJF taking it to you here... ah, what the hell?

Seattle franchised Walter Jones three years in a row. Is that franchise damaged in any way? Nope. What you're missing is that the Jets represent New York, the largest media market in the United States, and one of the largest in the world (with Hong Kong, Tokyo, and London). So, there's money to be made, especially if you become the face of a New York franchise. Think Derek Jeter. The money is to be made in New York city. And, considering just about all the money is equal through out the league, it's all about location. Location and winning.

If you've got a great front office, people are going to want to play for you. The Jets front office will have to make the tough choices, but they're not going to be cheap. Besides that, I'd rather have good football players, than sexy football players. As I said elsewhere, the sexy players are the ones who are the highest paid. Good football players, however, win you championships.

And to suggest they're "toying" with Abe... that's funny. You're just bent because they won't get bent over the table and give Abe up for nothing. Don't be jealous. You're actually going to have to pay equal value.

looks like the falcons and abe are standing pat. falcons not willing to give up more, (though I think they should maybe give a 3rd too), abe not willing to play anywhere else. looks like we'll pick him up next year when hes a fa...

And Vick will be slower/a worse passer by then, good move!:yahoo:

Someone stated a Deal I'd be happy with its:

Falcons get:

Abe

jets 2nd round pick

jets 3rd round pick

Jets get:

Falcons 1st round pick

Falcons 2nd round pick

Falcons 2007 4th round pick (falcons traded 4th round pick today to browns)

We get roughly between 21st to 24th pick value for him with this trade, though I'm not too keen on giving up both our 2nd and third, its still better value than the seattle offer and I would take it over that until they up the ante. I would try to take our 3rd out of the deal though, and throw in our 4th instead for 17th-19th value though.

The NFL is about winning and money. Don't make me school your ass in this thread too. The verbal thrashing I gave you and your buddy in the other thread was bad enough, and with YJF taking it to you here... ah, what the hell?

Seattle franchised Walter Jones three years in a row. Is that franchise damaged in any way? Nope. What you're missing is that the Jets represent New York, the largest media market in the United States, and one of the largest in the world (with Hong Kong, Tokyo, and London). So, there's money to be made, especially if you become the face of a New York franchise. Think Derek Jeter. The money is to be made in New York city. And, considering just about all the money is equal through out the league, it's all about location. Location and winning.

If you've got a great front office, people are going to want to play for you. The Jets front office will have to make the tough choices, but they're not going to be cheap. Besides that, I'd rather have good football players, than sexy football players. As I said elsewhere, the sexy players are the ones who are the highest paid. Good football players, however, win you championships.

And to suggest they're "toying" with Abe... that's funny. You're just bent because they won't get bent over the table and give Abe up for nothing. Don't be jealous. You're actually going to have to pay equal value.

wow, you're gonna school me again? as in back-tracking and deleting posts so I don't embarass you as much?

Both of you, you're still missing my point. This is your rookie front office year. If you poorly handle this, it will seriosuly hurt your chances with future free agents. you made my point when you said:

If you've got a great front office, people are going to want to play for you.

So if you don't...you catch my drift?

wow, you're gonna school me again? as in back-tracking and deleting posts so I don't embarass you as much?

Both of you, you're still missing my point. This is your rookie front office year. If you poorly handle this, it will seriosuly hurt your chances with future free agents. you made my point when you said:

So if you don't...you catch my drift?

Wow.. you're ignorant. I don't know how many times we can tell you that NO posts were deleted. You and the other guy made yourselves look all stupid, all by yourselves. You didn't need our help. And please, you actually have to have knowledge and the ability to use it to embarass me. You lack both.

And, it's a rookie front office. So? They seem to know what they're doing. It's not as if they're disrespecting Abe. They have to do what is best for this football team, not for the player. And if you put together a winner, they'll come and play for you. I don't see how hard that is to understand.

Trading Abe for a pick under 25 is really just retarded...

The guy is proven monster pass rush... a 31st round pick is an unproven anything with a good chance of never becoming anything...

just let the guy stay and hopefully mangini cracks the whip on him and we get better trade value for him next year.

The only way I would keep Abe is if we were able to resign him to a reasonable contract and if he moved to his natural position of OLB. If Mangini wants to go with a 3-4 Abe would be a good OLB in that scheme.

I doubt Abe would do either though.

you're so full of it storm-shadow. When I try to see all my posts, I can only see 51 of my 53 posts.

Well, in that case, I can't help you. I didn't delete any of your posts. Why on earth would I? And, if you go and look, it will tell you who they were deleted by, and there's a reason for the deletion.

But, I didn't do it, I really didn't need to. You make building an arguement really simple.

It is a compromise. He is not saying it is equal value. It is better value than Seatle's 31st pick and it gives us a chance to get 2 of the top 15 players in the draft and 3 of the top 50.

Thats completley arbitrary to say though since the charts equivalent to the 24th pick is not the same as the 24th pick. The 24th pick this year will be one player. The proposed trade will involve multiple players from multiple schools playing multiple positions... and the jets taking on multiple risks.

It is a compromise. He is not saying it is equal value. It is better value than Seatle's 31st pick and it gives us a chance to get 2 of the top 15 players in the draft and 3 of the top 50.

Thats completley arbitrary to say though since the charts equivalent to the 24th pick is not the same as the 24th pick. The 24th pick this year will be one player. The proposed trade will involve multiple players from multiple schools playing multiple positions... and the jets taking on multiple risks.

Archived