Brett Favre is a scumbag, Prophet was right

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If true it’s definitely scummy and he should be arrested but it doesn’t fit his normal MO.

What is his "normal MO" and how do you know what it is in his personal and business life?

You going by the fluff pieces you read on ESPN or hear on NFL network?

I'd say we don't know him at all.  Not even a little bit. 

Same thing we all often say about NFL players (and actors, and famous people, and ultra-rich people, etc.) when something horribad comes out about them.

I am sure, circa, 1993, a version of you would have said something similar about OJ Simpson.  We don't know, not his MO, wait and see, etc.  We don't really know these people.

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why do you care what I think or say on a forum?

Because I find Internet White Knights to be absolutely fascinating, from a sociological and psychological standpoint.  It's always interesting to delve into it with them, to see what the motivations are and what their thinking is

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

@DoomProphet was right about Brett Favre being a scumbag. 

The Mississippi Department of Human Services is suing 38 people or companies, including retired NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, for misspending millions in welfare money aimed to help the poorest state in the country, according to multiple reports.

The lawsuit, filed in Hinds County Circuit Court, aims to recover the more than $20 million in cash it claims the defendants “squandered” from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families anti-poverty program.

“I do not understand these people,” attorney Brad Pigott, who wrote the lawsuit, told Mississippi Today. “What kind of person would decide that money the law required to be spent helping the poorest people in the poorest state would be better spent being doled out by them to their own families, their own pet projects, and their own favorite celebrities?”

The lawsuit was filed just weeks after the mother and son duo of Nancy New, 69, and Zachary New, 39, pleaded guilty to state criminal charges over the misspending. The duo agreed to testify against others in the corruption case, which auditor Shad White said was Mississippi’s largest in the past two decades.

They ran a nonprofit group and education company in the state, which received tens of millions of dollars under contracts with the Mississippi Department of Human Services; however, much of the money was illegally funneled to other nonprofits or contractors, considered “second-tier” recipients of the department, the outlet reported. 

Some of the welfare money was spent on drug rehabilitation in California for former pro wrestler Brett DiBiase. He was named as a defendant in the lawsuit, along with his father and brother, Ted DiBiase Sr. and Ted “Teddy” DiBiase Jr.

In 2020, Nancy and Zachary, along with former Mississippi Department of Human Services executive director John Davis and three other people, were charged in state court over the misspending. 

Last year, White demanded repayment of $77 million of misspent welfare funds, which included $1.1 million paid to Favre, who lives in Mississippi and has not been charged with any wrongdoing. 

White accused Favre of being paid for speeches and not showing up. Favre has stated he didn’t know the money came from welfare funds and noted his charity has provided millions in cash to help children in poverty in Mississippi and Wisconsin.

The lawsuit on Monday claims Favre was once the largest individual outside investor and stockholder of Florida-based company Prevacus, which was attempting to develop a concussion drug. The suit claims that in December 2018, Favre hoped Prevacus CEO Jake VanLandingham would ask Nancy to use the welfare money to invest in the company. 

In January 2019, Favre hosted a Prevacus stock sales presentation at his home that was attended by many of the defendants, where an agreement was reached to spend “substantial” welfare grant money on Prevacus and its corporate affiliate PreSolMD Inc.

The suit claims the stock was in the names of Nancy and Zach but was also for the financial benefit of Favre, VanLandingham, and the two companies. It demands repayment of $2.1 million in welfare grant money that was improperly paid to the two companies that year. 

Favre’s longtime agent James “Bus” Cook did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital. 

The expected filing comes months after the auditor’s office turned over demands for repayment of the misspent funds to the attorney general’s office.

“I applaud the team filing this suit and am grateful the state is taking another step toward justice for the taxpayers,” White said. “We will continue to work alongside our federal partners — who have been given access to all our evidence for more than two years — to make sure the case is fully investigated.”

Attorney General Lynn Fitch and Gov. Tate Reeves said in a joint statement Monday: “Our purpose with this suit is to seek justice for the broken trust of the people of Mississippi and recover funds that were misspent.”Sponsored

because he no showed a couple speeches? doesn't seem that he played much of a part. Probably couldn't make the speech cause he had a masseuse appt that day. I mean i he might be trash person but not because of this speech stuff...

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Calling him a scumbag and assuming that he’s guilty is the issue especially when he’s already donated millions of dollars to charities and done all types of charity work.

you are correct in wanting to get the facts and see what happened, it is very plausible he rep the company at an investor meeting and had 0 idea of the fraud part or charity spending money - he could have known but it is unlikely. I very much doubt he did anything wrong here. They just want a big name attached to it. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Calling him a scumbag and assuming that he’s guilty is the issue especially when he’s already donated millions of dollars to charities and done all types of charity work.

See what you touched upon here is what really bugs me about this thread, and everyone's thinking it but no one's saying it.

Bronx didn't call Favre a scumbag.

He didn't call him scum.

He called him a scumBrett Favre is a scum.

I just can't get on board with that -- @Bronx really, who talks like that?

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

See what you touched upon here is what really bugs me about this thread, and everyone's thinking it but no one's saying it.

Bronx didn't call Favre a scumbag.

He didn't call him scum.

He called him a scumBrett Favre is a scum.

I just can't get on board with that -- @Bronx really, who talks like that?

Fixed from scum to scumbag...my apologies Brett. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yet his Dolphins still won the division over the Matt Cassel led Pats and 3rd place HOF Favre Jets

Ok, you aren't seriously comparing Pennington th Favre, are you? Pennington was a great Jet QB and I loved the guy but his injuries did him in and not even the most ardent Fin fan would say Penny carried that team.

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly I’m not sure I’d ever log on if I had that view. What the hell is wrong with you? 

1.5 hours at the gym, 4 hours at the beach 5 x week.

Should I do 6 hours at the beach?

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you aren't seriously comparing Pennington th Favre, are you? Pennington was a great Jet QB and I loved the guy but his injuries did him in and not even the most ardent Fin fan would say Penny carried that team.

Who cares?  Where did Brett Favre carry us?  Third place in a  Brady-less division.  My ******* hero.  **** him in the eye.  He was using us to get to Minnesota the entire time.  Refused to listen to coaching.  Harassed a young reporter.  So worried about his iron man streak he wouldn't pull himself, then embarrassed by his own play he whined about his "torn tendons" that didn't materialize until after the season when we were discussing his epic choke job.  Did Sanchez have to carry that team in 2009? 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Bronx said:

@DoomProphet was right about Brett Favre being a scumbag. 

The Mississippi Department of Human Services is suing 38 people or companies, including retired NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, for misspending millions in welfare money aimed to help the poorest state in the country, according to multiple reports.

The lawsuit, filed in Hinds County Circuit Court, aims to recover the more than $20 million in cash it claims the defendants “squandered” from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families anti-poverty program.

“I do not understand these people,” attorney Brad Pigott, who wrote the lawsuit, told Mississippi Today. “What kind of person would decide that money the law required to be spent helping the poorest people in the poorest state would be better spent being doled out by them to their own families, their own pet projects, and their own favorite celebrities?”

The lawsuit was filed just weeks after the mother and son duo of Nancy New, 69, and Zachary New, 39, pleaded guilty to state criminal charges over the misspending. The duo agreed to testify against others in the corruption case, which auditor Shad White said was Mississippi’s largest in the past two decades.

They ran a nonprofit group and education company in the state, which received tens of millions of dollars under contracts with the Mississippi Department of Human Services; however, much of the money was illegally funneled to other nonprofits or contractors, considered “second-tier” recipients of the department, the outlet reported. 

Some of the welfare money was spent on drug rehabilitation in California for former pro wrestler Brett DiBiase. He was named as a defendant in the lawsuit, along with his father and brother, Ted DiBiase Sr. and Ted “Teddy” DiBiase Jr.

In 2020, Nancy and Zachary, along with former Mississippi Department of Human Services executive director John Davis and three other people, were charged in state court over the misspending. 

Last year, White demanded repayment of $77 million of misspent welfare funds, which included $1.1 million paid to Favre, who lives in Mississippi and has not been charged with any wrongdoing. 

White accused Favre of being paid for speeches and not showing up. Favre has stated he didn’t know the money came from welfare funds and noted his charity has provided millions in cash to help children in poverty in Mississippi and Wisconsin.

The lawsuit on Monday claims Favre was once the largest individual outside investor and stockholder of Florida-based company Prevacus, which was attempting to develop a concussion drug. The suit claims that in December 2018, Favre hoped Prevacus CEO Jake VanLandingham would ask Nancy to use the welfare money to invest in the company. 

In January 2019, Favre hosted a Prevacus stock sales presentation at his home that was attended by many of the defendants, where an agreement was reached to spend “substantial” welfare grant money on Prevacus and its corporate affiliate PreSolMD Inc.

The suit claims the stock was in the names of Nancy and Zach but was also for the financial benefit of Favre, VanLandingham, and the two companies. It demands repayment of $2.1 million in welfare grant money that was improperly paid to the two companies that year. 

Favre’s longtime agent James “Bus” Cook did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital. 

The expected filing comes months after the auditor’s office turned over demands for repayment of the misspent funds to the attorney general’s office.

“I applaud the team filing this suit and am grateful the state is taking another step toward justice for the taxpayers,” White said. “We will continue to work alongside our federal partners — who have been given access to all our evidence for more than two years — to make sure the case is fully investigated.”

Attorney General Lynn Fitch and Gov. Tate Reeves said in a joint statement Monday: “Our purpose with this suit is to seek justice for the broken trust of the people of Mississippi and recover funds that were misspent.”Sponsored

This is a new low even for him! I always hated him on the field and always felt he's the most overrated player and biggest choke artist in history. After the Jen Sterger incident is really what sealed it for me that not only is he a me first premadonna but he is a horrible human being too.

Do you have the link for this article? I'm probably going to make a video on it, don't know if I can stop myself from cussing but I'll try just to get put up here.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who cares?  Where did Brett Favre carry us?  Third place in a  Brady-less division.  My ******* hero.  **** him in the eye.  He was using us to get to Minnesota the entire time.  Refused to listen to coaching.  Harassed a young reporter.  So worried about his iron man streak he wouldn't pull himself, then embarrassed by his own play he whined about his "torn tendons" that didn't materialize until after the season when we were discussing his epic choke job.  Did Sanchez have to carry that team in 2009? 

I blame him solely for the fact we didn't get a chip between 08-10. He will never be forgiven by me.

4 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

This is a new low even for him! I always hated him on the field and always felt he's the most overrated player and biggest choke artist in history. After the Jen Sterger incident is really what sealed it for me that not only is he a me first premadonna but he is a horrible human being too.

Do you have the link for this article? I'm probably going to make a video on it, don't know if I can stop myself from cussing but I'll try just to get put up here.

The link is located on the original post.

10 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I blame him solely for the fact we didn't get a chip between 08-10. He will never be forgiven by me.

I know we loved those teams, but that choking **** didn't do so well with the Vikings.  Top 10 D and Adrian Peterson.  2009 NFC Championship.  Tie game. 19 seconds left.  They are on the New Orleans 38 and the piece of sh*t heaves an INT.  They lose in OT.  2010 he must have "hurt his tendon" again because he blew donkeys all year.. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

So who is defending Farve. Someone said it was terrible how we treated  Penny when Penny could barely throw anymore. No serious Jet fan can say they were happy watching opposing DB's sitting on the outs waiting for Penny to take the bait so they can pick off one of his cotton ball throws

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This.

I'll never understand Jets fans that hold Favre in some high special place.

He provided half a season of competent-level QB play, and then blew the rest of the season with his pride and selfishness.

Then he moved on to where he really wanted to be.

Good for him, not sure why he should mean anything to us.

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So who is defending Farve. Someone said it was terrible how we treated  Penny when Penny could barely throw anymore. No serious Jet fan can say they were happy watching opposing DB's sitting on the outs waiting for Penny to take the bait so they can pick off one of his cotton ball throws

Don't care if you defend him or not.  Don't care how we treated Pennington.  Pennington did better in 2008 than Favre.  Pennington threw for 200 more yards than Favre in 2008.  He threw 3 less TDs and 18 less INTs.  I get wanting to move on from Pennington.  I don't get acting like Favre was such an upgrade.  He was a failed experiment.  Nothing more.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't care if you defend him or not.  Don't care how we treated Pennington.  Pennington did better in 2008 than Favre.  Pennington threw for 200 more yards than Favre in 2008.  He threw 3 less TDs and 18 less INTs.  I get wanting to move on from Pennington.  I don't get acting like Favre was such an upgrade.  He was a failed experiment.  Nothing more.  

Again, where did I say anything positive of what Brett Farve was for the Jets, but facts are facts. Brett Farve is a Hall of Fame QB. The only way Penny gets in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket.