2022 "Must-Haves"

4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Dolphins have a tough defense but the Jets should have a good offense.  I can see the Dolphin offense being completely inept this year.  I am optimistic for at least 1-1 against the Dolphins, if not 2-0.

I don’t see the Jets beating the Patriots.  They are not yet designed to beat the Patriots.  Need to be able to stop the run and short pass.  That is exactly what we can’t do.  

I said I want, not that we will lol...  I get it, but like I've said in previous posts... This is the year Ulbrich needs to step up his play calling for the defense, and the middle needs to make stops. I believe you will see a rotation of Lawson, JJ, and yes I believe Clemons might be able to crack in there with the starters. Those 3 guys alone should be able to help out the middle with less double teams on QW, and whoever else wins the other DT starting position.

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I would really like to see the Jets establish a solid running game. I can't  think of anything that would help Zach more.

In my mind there is almost no doubt that's the goal.  Look at the additions - Laken Tomlinson (Pro Bowl OG and first guy targeted in FA), CJ Uzomah and Conklin (not one but two TEs who both have strong run-blocking backgrounds), and then Breece Hall (high 2nd round pick and a trade up to get him!)

Let's not mistake what we're seeing here.  The 49ers got to a Super Bowl and a second NFC Championship Game with a QB they've been actively trying to trade in Jimmy Garapolo.  That system is run-first, run when you want to, run even when the defense knows you're going to run.... and then pass opportunistically to guys who can make magic happen when they get the football.

What the Jets are doing isn't just to support Zach.... it's to hedge against a very good chance that he doesn't become more than an average QB.  The Jets don't want to be a QB-dependent team even in a league where the QB means so much.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In my mind there is almost no doubt that's the goal.  Look at the additions - Laken Tomlinson (Pro Bowl OG and first guy targeted in FA), CJ Uzomah and Conklin (not one but two TEs who both have strong run-blocking backgrounds), and then Breece Hall (high 2nd round pick and a trade up to get him!)

Let's not mistake what we're seeing here.  The 49ers got to a Super Bowl and a second NFC Championship Game with a QB they've been actively trying to trade in Jimmy Garapolo.  That system is run-first, run when you want to, run even when the defense knows you're going to run.... and then pass opportunistically to guys who can make magic happen when they get the football.

What the Jets are doing isn't just to support Zach.... it's to hedge against a very good chance that he doesn't become more than an average QB.  The Jets don't want to be a QB-dependent team even in a league where the QB means so much.

And if Zach does turn in to a good QB.  Thats when things are REALLY looking up. No joke if Zach turns in to an above average QB there is legit SB talk here in a year or two.  I think even if he completely flops and busts out JD will still have built an undeniably good roster and "survives" to bring in another QB eitger via the draft or FA.

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 12:19 PM, BettyBoop said:

Here are a few of the "must-haves" in 2022.

• At least seven wins.
  • 0 blowout losses.
  • At least two combined wins against Miami and New England. 
  • Top 12 in sacks.
  • Top 18 in defense.
  • A top 15 QB.
  • At least 15 interceptions.
  • HOPE.

Parlay killer right there

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, rtnelson said:

And if Zach does turn in to a good QB.  Thats when things are REALLY looking up. No joke if Zach turns in to an above average QB there is legit SB talk here in a year or two.  I think even if he completely flops and busts out JD will still have built an undeniably good roster and "survives" to bring in another QB eitger via the draft or FA.

It's all risk management.  How do you maximize what Zach does well and minimize what he doesn't?  Last year he had some questionable decision-making and a few accuracy issues.  With the guys the Jets are adding Zach will be able to throw some quick outs and high percentage passes to guys who can then really rack up the RAC yardage.  And, they'll have some guys who should be able to get open deep and let him use his arm talent.  I have no data to back this up but subjectively I felt like (outside of some dirt balls behind the LOS) Zach was good on short passes and long ones.  It was those intermediate ones that he sometimes threw into traffic or was a bit inaccurate with.  I have no clue what this upcoming season will look like but the risk/reward is in a really good place if Zach takes a step forward on his decision-making alone because the Jets now have the talent to do something on offense if all Zach does is put the ball in the right guy's hands.

• Upvote 1