DT Larry Ogunjobi is visiting the Jets

Per Adam Schefter's report, he's spent each of the last two days with the Jets. Ogunjobi had a $40.5 million deal voided by a flunked physical, but is a steady rotation lineman who can provide some interior pass rush. Ogunjobi would be a fine depth addition. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Hmm, PFF doesn't really love the player, for what it's worth.  Steady decline that went down to 50.3 grade in 2021.  Who knows?  Maybe this is the type of player they get wrong.  Regardless, not a good trend which likely means his splash plays (sacks) are offset by some really bad plays.  

Couple other thoughts

1. Do we really need another pass rusher?  How about someone who can stop the run?

2. Odds are low we get him.  Strongly prefers teams with CB as the initials.  Drafted by Cleveland Browns, then to Cincinatti Bengals, then signed with the Chicago Bears before his failed physical.  

image.png.f9d8501bd74cc14843cf76c49ad82d3a.png

CNewYork BJets

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I hate the “is in for a visit” stuff, just sign him or don’t. Same sh*t happened with Kwon Alexander a month ago and no word since. Sign him or don’t, hate the in between maybe nonsense. 

2 days though  sounds like they have more interest here. I always felt like kwon was like when Reuben Foster visited last year.  More of a kick the tires kinda deal. 

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Per Adam Schefter's report, he's spent each of the last two days with the Jets. Ogunjobi had a $40.5 million deal voided by a flunked physical, but is a steady rotation lineman who can provide some interior pass rush. Ogunjobi would be a fine depth addition. 

Imo if we're signing him we probably cut Rankins that same day

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I hate the “is in for a visit” stuff, just sign him or don’t. Same sh*t happened with Kwon Alexander a month ago and no word since. Sign him or don’t, hate the in between maybe nonsense. 

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why not keep both?  

We have the funds and a need for more bodies at DT. 

Agreed.  With the foot issue, Joe D is probably going to give him a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal that he can be cut after 1 year.

If it happens, it will be a great deal for the Jets.  You can guarantee that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

This would be an excellent signing. Give him Rankins' money and roster spot.

2017 Draft Results

Drafted by Cleveland Browns  Round 3 ‧ Pick 1

NFL Comparison  Sheldon Rankins

Overview

Watching Ogunjobi play is like watching a more raw version of Sheldon Rankins and with a little less efficiency of movement. Like Rankins, Ogunjabi uses leverage, quickness, and strong hands to counter his average size. Size and below-average length will work against him for some teams, but others who covet disruptive defensive tackles who can play in the backfield and generate some pressure will be studying him closely. Has starting NFL potential.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/larry-ogunjobi/32004f47-5543-1455-618c-a01f22ab7199

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol this is such a weird thing to be upset about. 

Meh, I stick by what I said. It leaves everyone in limbo, there’s obvious interest there. If he doesn’t sign like Kwon it just leaves everyone hanging. I know visits used to be a big thing, I feel like they’ve been taken over by zoom calls. Don’t think we heard anyone from phase 1 of free agency making visits and those are the big money signings. 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why not keep both?  

We have the funds and a need for more bodies at DT. 

Because he's not signing for less than we're paying rankins and you can't pay that much to a 4th rotational DT. This isn't a run stuffer to replace Foley - he's a pocket pusher

12 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Sign him or don't?  Those are the only options.

Edited by AFJF

13 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Interviews are pretty typical before job offers.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Do we really need another pass rusher?  

Jets Team Sacks Since 2015

2021 - 33 (26th)

2020 - 31 (21st)

2019 - 35 (23rd)

2018 - 39 (18th)

2017 - 28 (28th)

2016 - 27 (29th)

YES

• Post of the Week 1