Possible Schedule Leak for NYJ

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I continue to remain a massive skeptic that we're facing the Pats on SNF Week 1. Would just be baffling.

I get the 9/11 angle making it a possibility, but three prime time games seems entirely unlikely. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

—-I don’t think they have a shot against the Pats in prime-time Week One. Belichick is going to have billboard material all year because everyone hated their offseason. Jets lost this matchup by 19 and 41 points last season, and Belichick doesn’t seem even a little bit challenged by Zach Wilson. 

—They should compete against a Watson-less Browns, but it’s in Cleveland, and early, which probably tips it to Cleveland, particularly if the Browns just line up and run the ball with the backup QB. 

—They should absolutely beat the Lions, even though everyone loves the Lions right now. If, for any reason, they lay an egg against Dan Campbell in this one, the Saleh hot seat starts to get legitimately warm.

—Miami is just a bad matchup for us. Sauce Gardner vs Tyreek Hill could be very depressing. Interesting faceoffs between Saleh and LaFleur vs McDaniel, but ultimately I think Hill and Waddle are way too much for our offense to keep it close. That said, McDaniel might absolutely suck, and Brian Flores may have just been a lot better coach than we think, which may have elevated that roster. 

—Don’t think they compete at Vikings, and then get the Bills at home, which is a bloodletting. Unless something unforeseen happens, they’re optimistically going into the BYE at 2-4. 

Of the remaining 11 games, six of them are probably non-competitive: @Broncos, Bengals, Ravens, @Pats, @Bills, and @Packers. The other five are where Saleh and Zach can save their futures: They *should* split with Miami, they *should* beat the Jaguars and Bears, and they *should* steal one of the @Seahawks and @Steelers back-to-back games, which probably gives them a ceiling of 6 wins, and that’s factoring in the one weird upset win and the one horrific choke job to a lesser opponent they experience every year. Lots of pressure on Zach toward the end of the season to beat Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, to boot. 

Is this really what it’s all about? That you’re just a frightened little boy? I’d like to think the people actually in the organization are a little less timid than you are. 

Also, this schedule is clearly a fake, besides the 1pm game in Seattle. The road team brings the network, Lions and Vikings at home (for example) would be on FOX. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I just don't think the 21st anniversary of 9/11 is as particularly significant one and the Jets were 4-13 last year.

I hope you’re right. I tend to lean that way myself. This schedule is a clear fake, so there’s that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Is this really what it’s all about? That you’re just a frightened little boy? I’d like to think the people actually in the organization are a little less timid than you are. 

Also, this schedule is clearly a fake, besides the 1pm game in Seattle. The road team brings the network, Lions and Vikings at home (for example) would be on FOX. 

I picked the over and that makes me a frightened baby? 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I picked the over and that makes me a frightened baby? 

Your whole write-up is basically what’s scary about every game, like a big mean Steeler fan lurking around every corner. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I continue to remain a massive skeptic that we're facing the Pats on SNF Week 1. Would just be baffling.

Agree unless 9/11 is not the driver and the league wants to sell Mac Jones and the Pats to the national audience.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Your whole write-up is basically what’s scary about every game, like a big mean Steeler fan lurking around every corner. 

Ah. I was using that as a rhetorical device to soften my tone so people didn’t label me a “Jets hater.”

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Agree unless 9/11 is not the driver and the league wants to sell Mac Jones and the Pats to the national audience.

If that were the case they'd have them face the Steelers or Russ and the Broncos or any variety of teams that are a national draw and/or expected to be good.