Possible Schedule Leak for NYJ

If you presume the NFL sets the schedule to create storyline that looks a lot like they are giving the team a chance to look competitive early. Either the Jets look like a team on the rise or a team that should have done well and why not? Leaves a tougher end to see whether the team falls off or seriously hunts a wildcard which is a second storyline. Says the team is set up for a better story than Darnold vs. Wilson one week and then who cares. 

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Packers writer has us playing at GB week 6.   Matt Schneiderman of the Athletic.

Edit - schedule shows Packers in London week 5 and then hosting us week 6.  Teams get bye week after London, so I assume this is another one that is wrong.

That guy seems to be legit and has a lot of followers.  I once read teams have the option of a bye after playing in London.  

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Packers writer has us playing at GB week 6.   Matt Schneiderman of the Athletic.

Edit - schedule shows Packers in London week 5 and then hosting us week 6.  Teams get bye week after London, so I assume this is another one that is wrong.

It’s not an automatic bye after London, teams can decline it if they prefer

There’s no chance the NFL is putting Jets/Pats week 1 SNF.  Especially with all the trades and storylines emerging league wide from the off-season. This is the work of some mouth breathing basement dweller who noticed week 1 is 9/11 and made the laziest, most obvious leak imaginable. 

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

That guy seems to be legit and has a lot of followers.  I once read teams have the option of a bye after playing in London.  

Matt Schneiderman is legit -- which is why I posted it.  I am not posting garbage from these NFL Schedule Leaks sites.  But this was a beat reporter from the Athletic which had some credibility.

7 hours ago, morny said:

Did not know that the bye after London was team's option.  Thanks. Mid-October would be a nice time for a GB visit.  We will know for sure in a few hours.

7 hours ago, morny said:

@London sandwiched between two games @NY.  That's a tough 3-week stretch.  Glad we're getting them at the tail end of that.

Would be pretty classic if the packers schedule is true.  League says you want a bye after London and Packers say “nah just give us the Jets and we’ll take our bye later in the season.”

Hoping for week 6 at GB maybe hit Koehler for a couple of days of golf and then hit Lambeau in October and cross it off the bucket list.  

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Would be pretty classic if the packers schedule is true.  League says you want a bye after London and Packers say “nah just give us the Jets and we’ll take our bye later in the season.”

Hoping for week 6 at GB maybe hit Koehler for a couple of days of golf and then hit Lambeau in October and cross it off the bucket list.  

That sounds like a great trip.

I would be shocked if the opening week top prime time game is Pats at Jets 9/11 or not.  That time slot is reserved for top teams, not a 4 win team playing a team in decline.  The NFL world will not turn out to watch that game just to see a pre-game ceremony about 9/11.  It's going to be a game involving two playoff teams from last season - like KC-Cincy

I would be shocked if the opening week top prime time game is Pats at Jets 9/11 or not.  That time slot is reserved for top teams, not a 4 win team playing a team in decline.  The NFL world will not turn out to watch that game just to see a pre-game ceremony about 9/11.  It's going to be a game involving two playoff teams from last season - like KC-Cincy
Definitely hope you're correct!

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app