Feast your eyes upon this dime TD bomb from Tua to Tyreek and shudder, Jets fans

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I find very few of Tua's throws to be impressive, personally.  Pennington-ish.

I do like his 66% career completion percentage and near 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

I'd very much like to see Zach get to 65%+ career comp. rate and a 2:1 TD to INT ratio by the end of this season.

You do realize that if the Jets receivers had dropped passes just at the league average Zach would have been around 65%

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You do realize that if the Jets receivers had dropped passes just at the league average Zach would have been around 65%

I don't realize that, no.

Source?

--------------------------

EDIT:  Did a little look myself.

Jets as a team dropped 25 passes in 2021.  5th worst in the NFL.

The average in the NFL was 19.6 drops/team.

Source:  https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Zach was 213 for 383 in 2021.  Good for a 55.6% Comp rate.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsZa00.htm

If we give Zach 6 more completions (25-19 = 6) he would instead be 219 for 383.

That would be a Comp Rate of 57.18%.

Not 65%.

I'm going to have to not agree with your claim here.

In fact, even if the Jets had dropped zero passes in 2021, Zach's Comp. rate would only be 62.10%.  Not 65%.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok so underthrown wobbly deep ball that would be picked in a game ... thanks for sharing.

I just want to make you aware of the Slim possibility, however remote (because we all know its not in his nature) that Tom was being sarcastic.  That is all.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't realize that, no.

Source?

--------------------------

EDIT:  Did a little look myself.

Jets as a team dropped 25 passes in 2021.  5th worst in the NFL.

The average in the NFL was 19.6 drops/team.

Source:  https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Zach was 213 for 383 in 2021.  Good for a 55.6% Comp rate.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsZa00.htm

If we give Zach 6 more completions (25-19 = 6) he would instead be 219 for 383.

That would be a Comp Rate of 57.18%.

Not 65%.

I'm going to have to not agree with your claim here.

In fact, even if the Jets had dropped zero passes in 2021, Zach's Comp. rate would only be 62.10%.  Not 65%.

Well it is what I read. Clearly wrong but it has been posted on here a few times

I just want to make you aware of the Slim possibility, however remote (because we all know its not in his nature) that Tom was being sarcastic.  That is all.
Of course he was.... and my super intelligent big brain was much slower than my non intelligent texting thumbs.
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/5/11/23067005/tua-tagovailoa-underthrowing-tyreek-hill-dolphins-hype-video

Tua Tagovailoa underthrowing Tyreek Hill is the saddest Dolphins hype video possible

Who thought this was a good idea?

By design the hype video is supposed to create some hype. On Tuesday the Dolphins managed to do the complete opposite by posting footage of Tua Tagovailoa throwing a ball to Tyreek Hill.  Ideally you’d look for a pass that perfectly spiraled through the air, hitting the receiver in stride, and running away for a touchdown. It would have conjured images of the potential to come, a vibrant, new-look offense with deep passing potential.

Instead this was very, very sad.

Despite being under no pressure in a practice scenario, Tua’s pass wobbles out of his hand with poor velocity. Tyreek then has to come back to catch the pass, before establishing his run again. In a game scenario this kind of slow, wobbling duck would at best result in a contested pass, at worst it would turn into a pick-six — yet this is what the Dolphins tried to showcase.

Take a stroll through the Twitter replies and you’ll see all manner of people making fun of this throw. Except for some die-hard Dolphins fans, bless their hearts, who are showing clips of Patrick Mahomes throwing deep passed Hill had to come back for as if to intimate that Tua and Mahomes are similar quarterbacks.  We can just forget the fact that the videos they’re showing of Mahomes have him throwing under pressure, on the run, throwing 45 yards downfield while being chased — not on a practice field. Other than that I’m sure they’re identical, right?  There’s no putting lipstick on this pig, the Tua x Tyreek video is just bad. The astonishing part is that this was ever put on Twitter to hype people up.

The first page or so of this thread was priceless. We’re so used to watching bad QB play, most of the guys here didn’t get @T0mShane’s joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1